Sponsored

Rough starts? Weird shifting?

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Alrighty peops - I have a 18 10r80 car and experiencing some very strange behavior with the car on start and when shifting into the mid ranges and curious if anyone else is seeing the same thing -

I know I asked before if anyone was having rough shifts into 5th or 6th on their auto 10 and no one responded so I took that as a probably not, but I am also having some very strange startups now where when starting from warm the car stumbles on start up and then idles out ok - but it almost seems as if its doing some weird power loss also.

Has anyone seen this - maybe had bad gas cause this for them? Just curious if its new to me or the 18 changes.

My 15 never did this crap so asking the pros here!

Thanks for your time.:cheers:
Sponsored

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Highly unlikely bad gas unless it happened right after you filled it.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
The 10R80 shifts pretty shit for me when it's cold, and that means like fluids under 110F.

Once it's up to warmth (which can take a while, if I don't get on it on my 7 mile drive to work, it remains under 100F) it will shift like butter.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I only have 1k miles on mine but so far its been fine. Starts and idles fine, I do remote start it on cold mornings and let it get up to temp mostly before I leave. Trans shifted really early in drive if not on the throttle much till I got my Lund tune. Now it shifts a bit more aggressive and usually waits till 2k or more to shift when driving normal. Nothing abnormal or troublesome to report. Hopefully it will stay that way!

OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Yeah it was great for the first 1500 miles its only been recently - it does this weird super hard shift into and out of 5 SOMETIMES which is even more bizarre - its random.

But the odd stumble and crappy starts I started having were more the recent concern. Wife heard the start and said - maybe she needs a visit to the dealership.

Looked at DTC from ForScan and its clean in there - no errors or codes sooo...

Just fueled up at a different station and always use 91 so we shall see what happens.

Thanks for the responses!