Sponsored

2017 ecoboost advice

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi all
Been on the forums for a while now and I was just able to snag a almost new 2017 ecoboost this past Friday. The car has a salvage title due to hail damage. A great guy in New Jersey bought it at the auction with 500 miles on it and replaced the hood, left fender and windscreen and repaired the hood and trunk. He wanted to replace the trunk but it was backordered 4 months out. He also replaced the led lights.
Here is a link to the pictures of the damage
https://poctra.com/2017-FORD-MUSTANG/lot-31796207/MARLBORO-NY/Photos

He was going to keep it but then decided that he needed something with 4 doors and getting in and out was a bit hard..

I was able to purchase for $16500 and will register it this week. The car is really nice and I got it with 2800 miles.
I was planning to save up for a left over 2018 next model year but this was just too good a deal to pass up in my book. I have always been interested in the ecoboost so i’m pretty happy.

I just have a quick couple of questions that I hope someone will help me out with.. This is the base model, does it have the drive modes like the premium ones? I have been looking out for it but haven’t had much luck. Also, catch can. Do you guys recommend it? With the car having a salvage title, I guess the warranty is gone so I want to protect it as best as I can.

With respects to a salvage title, do I lose out on safety recalls? My understanding is that as long as the car is deemed road worthy you can get the recalls done from ford since it is not warranty repairs. Any help on this would be great

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skeester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
That sounds like a good price. Nice find. Base model does not have drive modes, need performance pack for that, but I think I remember seeing a thread where you can get to the sport modes through the traction control button. Try a search. Catch can is a good thing. I have one for sale on Craigslist. Pm me if you want some details. I can’t seem to get pics loaded here so I don’t have it listed on this site.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
You can add the track modes to a base model by putting in a Sync3 unit and premium bezel. Or go the Tesla head unit route and get the mode toggle. Either route requires you to modify your ABD (as built data) to activate the modes. I do happen to have a full Sync3 setup for sale in the "electronic/infotainment" section of the marketplace.

I am not sure about your factory warranty or how recalls work with having a salvage title. I'd think they'd both be covered so long as you can prove the damage causing the need to have a salvage title was purely cosmetic.

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys,
I definitely want to get a 8" sync unit later on. Have to build back up my funds as i spent it all on this car. If it is still up for sale when I am ready I will definitely take it

Still trying to figure out the warranty/safety recall thing
Thanks

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Thanks guys,
I definitely want to get a 8" sync unit later on. Have to build back up my funds as i spent it all on this car. If it is still up for sale when I am ready I will definitely take it

Still trying to figure out the warranty/safety recall thing
Thanks
Congrats on the purchase man. They are a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

Also, if his Sync unit isn't still available, a viable alternative is the Moddiction unit.

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
That sounds like a good price. Nice find. Base model does not have drive modes, need performance pack for that, but I think I remember seeing a thread where you can get to the sport modes through the traction control button. Try a search. Catch can is a good thing. I have one for sale on Craigslist. Pm me if you want some details. I can’t seem to get pics loaded here so I don’t have it listed on this site.
You just need a premium for the drive modes. Performance pack doesn't matter.

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was finally able to get some pictures of her. This is how i bought it. There is just one small scratch on the door. The seller says he got scraped by a shopping cart the day before I picked it up. I was too excited to complain.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iKORG8HIrJoOEpsx2

Also, found out that I am covered for recalls and some power train warranty but that's at the dealers discretion

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
In my base 17 EB with perform pack, a double tap on the traction control button puts it into a different mode, I'm trying to remember what it's called, something like sport or track.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
In my base 17 EB with perform pack, a double tap on the traction control button puts it into a different mode, I'm trying to remember what it's called, something like sport or track.
I think that would be sport mode.

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried those but it doesn't work, just turns traction control on or off. I saw a video posted on youtube but it was a gt base and it did change the mode.
This one is pretty base, I believe the only addition was the auto and the spare wheel option.
In the future I plan to upgrade the head unit to the 8" screen and I should be able to program the drive modes from what I understand so far.
For the price I think it was worth it :)

Sponsored

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
great deal, beautiful car. love this color, imo best color for the mustang. Enjoy

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hold the TC button for 5-7 seconds, and shut everything off.

Then drive.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It blows my mind that they would total a car for that damage. But good for you.

OP
OP
Blade007

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It blows my mind that they would total a car for that damage. But good for you.
Thanks man. :)
The car only had about 500 miles when it was totaled. Best guess is that they just totaled the entire dealership lot with disregard to the actual damage.
The seller told me he lost about $1k on this car but he had to get out of it as he needed something with 4 doors.
His son has a GT and encouraged him to buy it and I guess he was underwhelmed by it. I believe I offered him close to $4k below what he was asking and he reluctantly agreed. I didn’t expect to hear back from him after that offer and was really surprised.
I really wanted a premium but I setteled and I am glad I did. Best thing is that it is all paid for.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I test drove a premium model. It had a few features I liked, but overall I thought it was just too many bells and whistles. I prefer a simple car, lighter and less complicated.
Sponsored