Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
People have to realize that the dealers' hands are tied by Ford, and if Ford doesn't resolve a solution, the dealer doesn't have a suitable fix. Especially with Ford continuing to tell them its "normal", so dealer is stuck in the middle. They can't make a warranty repair and then go back to Ford for compensation if Ford tells them there's no problem. Until actual field failures occur that are tied to this issue, there isn't going to be anything to escalate the issue at Ford.
Sponsored

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
People have to realize that the dealers' hands are tied by Ford, and if Ford doesn't resolve a solution, the dealer doesn't have a suitable fix. Especially with Ford continuing to tell them its "normal", so dealer is stuck in the middle. They can't make a warranty repair and then go back to Ford for compensation if Ford tells them there's no problem. Until actual field failures occur that are tied to this issue, there isn't going to be anything to escalate the issue at Ford.
The dealer told me the noise is not normal

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
And most of us concur that it isn't. But for the most part, that isn't what they're telling people. Or they're changing their tune once they communicate it back to Dearborn.

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
The Ford dealer acknowleges the thumping problem when shifting. Even Ford acknowledges it. BUT... Ford states the obnoxious unnerving thumping noise is NORMAL.
What a load of Bull!
This is why I am NEVER BUYING ANOTHER FORD! The company is irresponsibile and does not support or respect its customers!

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
The Ford dealer acknowleges the thumping problem when shifting. Even Ford acknowledges it. BUT... Ford states the obnoxious unnerving thumping noise is NORMAL.
What a load of Bull!
This is why I am NEVER BUYING ANOTHER FORD! The company is irresponsibile and does not support or respect its customers!
U tried the diff bushing and does not work right?

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
So are there 6MT's out there that dont have the thud?
When i bought my car I knew about the problem and all 3 of the GT PP's the dealer had on the lot had the thudding.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have diff bushings and a trans insert. The diff bushings may have dampened the sound a little, but the thud is still there. Nearly 12k miles and mine is not any worse than when it was new. It hasn't been bad enough for me to take it to the dealer.

I noticed this diff is unusual in that I feel something ever so slight as I turn corners. I have assumed this is the nature of the Torsen design. It's always been there as well as the slight thud. Neither have gotten worse. I just figured that it's not momma's soccer van and have chalked it up to driving a high hp machine.

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
I have diff bushings and a trans insert. The diff bushings may have dampened the sound a little, but the thud is still there. Nearly 12k miles and mine is not any worse than when it was new. It hasn't been bad enough for me to take it to the dealer.

I noticed this diff is unusual in that I feel something ever so slight as I turn corners. I have assumed this is the nature of the Torsen design. It's always been there as well as the slight thud. Neither have gotten worse. I just figured that it's not momma's soccer van and have chalked it up to driving a high hp machine.
Good to know. Thanks.

Sponsored

Bonafide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
For what it's worth, I had a slight thud from the beginning 1-2 and very faint 2-3. Installed Steeda differential bushings and swapped diff and trans fluid to BG and 2-3 thud disappeared and 1-2 thud only sometimes. Installed MGW shifter a few hundred miles ago and since new shifter, no thud at all, ever

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Mine isnt slight nor faint. Its a loud thud and it can be felt in the whole car. So maybe yours went away because it was slight/faint to begin with.
Should i try installing differential bushings? It doesnt bother me much but i would love to lessen the thudding a little.

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
Mine isnt slight nor faint. Its a loud thud and it can be felt in the whole car. So maybe yours went away because it was slight/faint to begin with.
Should i try installing differential bushings? It doesnt bother me much but i would love to lessen the thudding a little.
Consider as well

Bonafide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
Based on my experience. I would give it a try, especially because the cost is low. I tried it only after hearing about the success others were having with it. Fair warning, if you have a stock exhaust you might notice an increase in gear whine (I was stock at the time). But the trade offs (decrease in thud and helped with wheel hop) were worth it for me. Good luck to you.

Edit: Gear whine improved after fluid swap.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think mine is gone. I don't want to post what I think did it before I double check tonight but either way I will let ya'll know.
Sponsored