Sponsored

Manual Trans. Thud when shifting

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I wasnt talking to you directly. Just in general. Ford generally doesnt suck. Sorry your service writer doesnt go to bat for you by advocating to get your car fixed.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby PP with some goodies
I wasnt talking to you directly. Just in general. Ford generally doesnt suck. Sorry your service writer doesnt go to bat for you by advocating to get your car fixed.
Understood. My experiences been to three.. The last one pulled teeth to get something done. I'll bring it back to the last dealership. But it sat for 5 days and not even looked at.. They'll look at it in two weeks. I'm still going to push foward with a lawyer. I've given Ford more then enough time. Talked with two area reg managers over 12 calls and nothing.. I know Ford is better then this. How ever with my case.. That isn't the case. They're a few here that have had same issues and had they're mustang replaced or just bought back all together. Honesty with my issues. I love my mustang but the experiences with service, Ford reps and overall having to drive my car a certain way to enjoy isn't great, because the issue with drive train is ridiculous. I almost was going to put it on the lift and replace the clutch but why should I. They had he damn driveshaft out. They could have pulled and replaced it. But that warranty pay isn't favorable. So let's say it's not a problem. Normal operation. Even though they seen and drove the same package modeled mustang and no noise and smooth engagement. Like I said I've done my part. I've made 5 payments put 1500 down and 1500 from my trade. Im even trying to trade out. Ive had one offer that is favorable. But the lemon will give me all my monies and a small fee for usage.. So Ford thanks for nothing. My lawyer will deal with you. I'm done

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Understood. My experiences been to three.. The last one pulled teeth to get something done. I'll bring it back to the last dealership. But it sat for 5 days and not even looked at.. They'll look at it in two weeks. I'm still going to push foward with a lawyer. I've given Ford more then enough time. Talked with two area reg managers over 12 calls and nothing.. I know Ford is better then this. How ever with my case.. That isn't the case. They're a few here that have had same issues and had they're mustang replaced or just bought back all together. Honesty with my issues. I love my mustang but the experiences with service, Ford reps and overall having to drive my car a certain way to enjoy isn't great, because the issue with drive train is ridiculous. I almost was going to put it on the lift and replace the clutch but why should I. They had he damn driveshaft out. They could have pulled and replaced it. But that warranty pay isn't favorable. So let's say it's not a problem. Normal operation. Even though they seen and drove the same package modeled mustang and no noise and smooth engagement. Like I said I've done my part. I've made 5 payments put 1500 down and 1500 from my trade. Im even trying to trade out. Ive had one offer that is favorable. But the lemon will give me all my monies and a small fee for usage.. So Ford thanks for nothing. My lawyer will deal with you. I'm done
Your Lawyer will make everything better? :lol:

You need to understand that manufacturers don't build vehicles to meet your personal demands. If you buy a vehicle and then realize afterward that you don't like the panel gaps, that's YOUR problem. Especially when the dealer inspects it and determines that the gaps are all within specification.

You obviously have a condition called "buyer's remorse". That doesn't qualify for lemon law, a "buyback", or a settlement, and hiring a lawyer will only leave you with a huge bill. Do you think that manufacturers don't have lawyers too? What law do you think that your lawyer will reference to get you a settlement? There are no laws to support your case, because it's nothing more than your own personal issues and complaints. Have you read the lemon law requirements for your state? Obviously not, or you wouldn't be making such outrageous claims.

Claiming that "They're a few here that have had same issues and had they're mustang replaced or just bought back" means NOTHING, you're on the INTERNET, not in a courtroom. Anyone can post anything on the internet and claim it to be fact, yet there is nothing to support that.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby PP with some goodies
Your Lawyer will make everything better? :lol:

You need to understand that manufacturers don't build vehicles to meet your personal demands. If you buy a vehicle and then realize afterward that you don't like the panel gaps, that's YOUR problem. Especially when the dealer inspects it and determines that the gaps are all within specification.

You obviously have a condition called "buyer's remorse". That doesn't qualify for lemon law, a "buyback", or a settlement, and hiring a lawyer will only leave you with a huge bill. Do you think that manufacturers don't have lawyers too? What law do you think that your lawyer will reference to get you a settlement? There are no laws to support your case, because it's nothing more than your own personal issues and complaints. Have you read the lemon law requirements for your state? Obviously not, or you wouldn't be making such outrageous claims.

Claiming that "They're a few here that have had same issues and had they're mustang replaced or just bought back" means NOTHING, you're on the INTERNET, not in a courtroom. Anyone can post anything on the internet and claim it to be fact, yet there is nothing to support that.
This isn't just about a fender issue. This is about me bringing the car back the next day. Videos will be up soon with the clutch noises, the driveshaft was replaced. It's simple to make a statement here. Not knowing how many times it's been to the dealer and the number of days they've had it. It just stayed at the shop for 5 days. They didn't even look at it. Needless to say I have a case it's been in the shop for the same issues 4 times for the clutch three times for the driveshaft that was replaced. The last three weeks be used I also have a loose streering of one half inch side to side and a popping noise most likely a tierod. I will also post up the pictures before and after. The interesting thing is I love the mustang so much. That I just traded out yesterday. Into a 16 prem Gt. Steering is tight. Just like the 7-8 others I driven. Drive another performance pac again no noises smooth engagement no thud. And before we start saying its new and will happen when it's broken in.. I have two friends one w 15pp and a 16 both over 4K miles. They work as designed no issues. So I guess the others with the same issues and some have had gotten some resolve. I've had my cars normally 7 years at a time. I came from two manuals .. So ask you self if I was so miserable with the on going issues that I had the first week. Granted when I test drove my pp we went straight on the highway. I purchased drove it on the highway back home when I started to feel the issues when shifting in he city. Anyway, I will be in contact with Ford again explisning my issues along with copies and photos and videos. If they do not do something for my troubles. The money lost for buying a lemon which is just that. It's not just one issue its several. I hope hey do the right thing. Cause ford has made money from me. 1500 down on my pp 1300 positive rolled from my trade and 5 payments of 524... I don't like throwing my money away. But if I had to go trade it in a take a hit on interest with ford credit cause I only had it six month and rolled positive 1900 equity in to this new one. I still lost a lot of money. They're lucky I went and bought another.. Glad this one is all good so far.

But thanks for enlightenment of just a fender issue. Believe me it's more then that as I've stated in my last paragraph.
Here's another guy blown clutch in 1000 miles..
Ford is having issues not because people are making shit up!!!

It was enough for me to have to go trade out.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1348658#post1348658

Zedex6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Marauder
Aside from the commonplace diff thuds, is the two-part, relatively low volume clicking under the car when fully pressing the clutch down normal?

I hear it all the time especially when backing into a spot with the windows down, I assume it is just the clutch engaging/disengaging.

Sponsored

fogus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, DI Blue, Base
I get the clock. Can only hear it with Windows down.

luv2spedup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT (Roush Phase 1)
Let's get those Ponies running smooth, Tele5.0, MustangDirector, and Mangrove Mafia.

Checking in with your dealer is a great first step; let me know when you do so.

Also, as I'm seeing this is more than an isolated case, I want to document your product feedback. If interested, please send me your VINs and any additional details about the noise you are hearing while shifting.

Rachel
I feel the Thud in my car as well but only when the car is stationary and I shift into 1st.. However, if I come out off the gear and go back in it goes in smooth...

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I hit this high point in the road when I was gong around 70mph and still accelerating. Not really a jump, but I could feel the suspension relax and then compress. I got the thud a couple of times during this, kind of annoying.

Zedex6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Marauder
If you hold the clutch in for 2+ seconds before moving the shifter when stopped, it will never thud. Just FYI for those bothered by it.

camobob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT MT PP
If you hold the clutch in for 2+ seconds before moving the shifter when stopped, it will never thud. Just FYI for those bothered by it.
Works for a while....with 2500 miles mine now thuds in 1st through 4th - up or down.

Sponsored

Zedex6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Marauder
Works for a while....with 2500 miles mine now thuds in 1st through 4th - up or down.
Normal. 4800 miles here, mine thuds when N-1(unless you hold the clutch in for 2+seconds, 1-2, sometimes 3-4 and 5-6.

camobob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT MT PP
Normal. 4800 miles here, mine thuds when N-1(unless you hold the clutch in for 2+seconds, 1-2, sometimes 3-4 and 5-6.
I guess it depends on the situation. The noise is slightly annoying but no big deal. There's a lot of play in the differential input on mine. Yes, it's a Torsen but it still has a ring and pinion input. Slamming gears with 400+ HP can't be a good thing.

Furious_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
I really don't have time to read 75 pages. I have owned 5 different manuals. None of them had this noise. My most recent car was a Challenger with a tremec 6 spd. I didn't notice the noise until I replaced the shifter and driveshaft. Then the noise was unbearable. I went back to the two piece shaft and the noise is still there but nowhere near as bad as it was. This is not a Dodge Viper or some dragster that you pound thru the gears in. Maybe in the GT350R which it doesn't but not in these cars with the current transmission.

duke107628

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jiyang
Vehicle(s)
2016 White Mustang GT PP
Took my 2016 GTPP to the dealer. I will see what they say about that

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I have had mine for over 7 months now and thump is getting worse. Last week I ago submitted it back to Ford for repair but they again said "DROP DEAD."
Sponsored