Sponsored

When to expect VIN etc.

Aminian

Threads
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have been following the forums since about April but never registered til now. After reading all the reviews on the 2015 Mustang GT, i was quite pleased and finally brought myself to order my GT Performance pack. Ingot silver on Red interior. :clap2:

My question is:
If i ordered the car over 10 days ago, when should i expect the information on my car to start coming up (Such as VIN) so i can track my order online?

Thanks!
Sponsored

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys! I have been following the forums since about April but never registered til now. After reading all the reviews on the 2015 Mustang GT, i was quite pleased and finally brought myself to order my GT Performance pack. Ingot silver on Red interior. :clap2:

My question is:
If i ordered the car over 10 days ago, when should i expect the information on my car to start coming up (Such as VIN) so i can track my order online?

Thanks!
You need to determine your dealer's historical Mustang sales volume and how many 2014's he still has on the lot. If he is one of the larger volume sales dealers and has few or no '14 Mustangs on the lot, you have a very, very good shot at being scheduled this coming Thursday.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
You should have an order number and dealer number which allows you to track your car on COTUS before your VIN shows up. It appears that VINs get assigned on Thursdays, and we know additional cars get pulled for production on Thursdays. But those two things don't happen the same day, maybe one to three weeks apart.

Once you have a VIN, you can check the COTUS source code (directions are on this site) to find your build week, which shows up in the hidden data long before COTUS shows it to you on the main screen. (Mine is 10/20, and that won't show up on the COTUS screen until very near that date, but the information has been embedded since 9/25.)

I never knew I would know so much about this!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
The easiest answer is to not expect it. There is no guaranteed time frame to get a Vin or date or anything right now.

Sit back, have a beer and be patient, or get all fired up and threaten to go buy a camarochargerM3 and be unhappy.

I'll be here sipping my beer until I get mine if you get bored. Life is easier that way

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Ordered two weeks ago, hopefully I can get scheduled this coming thursday.

PS: no 14's on the dealer's lot

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ordered two weeks ago, hopefully I can get scheduled this coming thursday.

PS: no 14's on the dealer's lot
Reading something like that makes me realize I need to stop reading this site before I go insane.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0

EleanorsBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I ordered at the end of July, and do not have a VIN. Last I saw, my dealer had 1 or 2 more '14's on their lot, and I don't think they're a high volume dealer. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I see my 2015 Mustang before Thanksgiving :/

Gecko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Conv
Hate to burst peoples bubbles, but there are many people here that ordered months ago still awaiting VINS and build dates. Lower your expectations and go to the end of the line.:shocked:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
My dealer has 3 V6's and 1 Base GT still on the lot, they had 6 retail '15's pull VIN's last Thursday so here's to hoping the Recaro restraint is lifted and I'm up next.

Sponsored

svoguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
89 Fox Body 347 Stroker,2015 Mustang GT, PP
Well. I ordered in May and still no VIN. So I say wait until February. That should make it fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shiv4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Ordered my EB Premium in June. If I don't get any update/get the car by THanksgiving, I'm cancelling my car. I CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER PEOPLE!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ordered my EB Premium in June. If I don't get any update/get the car by THanksgiving, I'm cancelling my car. I CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER PEOPLE!
You should certainly be getting an update sooner than that -- I can't imagine that it will take more than two weeks to schedule all of the outstanding May / June retail orders -- but having your car by Thanksgiving seems wildly overoptimistic. I doubt many retail purchasers will have their cars by then.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Just checked COTUS with the order number my dealer provided and .... it's the wrong color. wtf

Not how I wanted to start my week.

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
You should certainly be getting an update sooner than that -- I can't imagine that it will take more than two weeks to schedule all of the outstanding May / June retail orders -- but having your car by Thanksgiving seems wildly overoptimistic. I doubt many retail purchasers will have their cars by then.
Scheduling depends on allocations. No allocation for a dealer means his orders are unlikely to be scheduled (orders from dealers with allocations will use up commodity limited parts before dealers without allocations are considered). The ONLY time the order date matters is if two orders at the same dealer have the same priority number. The older order will schedule first (assuming parts are available).

The only way to get around the allocation problem is to convince a Ford division or a regional manager (through your dealership) to change the priority of your order to something under 10.
Sponsored