Word on the street is Cp-e is getting an EB mustang

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
These guys made hardparts for my previous car and I am very excited that they are entertaining the new mustang for some of their products.

The mazdaspeed3 for those of you that don't know totes the predecessor to the EB 2.3. I see no reason why the mustang could not have a similar sound as to what is in this video
[ame]
Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I've got a Cp-e catless down pipe and catback on my CSRT4. Love their exhaust!

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
If they can make the EcoBoost Mustang sound like the MS3 in that video, count me in.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Unfortunately unless someone seperates the exhaust manifold and the cylinder head into 2 seperate components, it won't sound that way.

The exhaust manifold is dictating that sound, and the headifold that Ford uses restricts that sound.

OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
Unfortunately unless someone seperates the exhaust manifold and the cylinder head into 2 seperate components, it won't sound that way.

The exhaust manifold is dictating that sound, and the headifold that Ford uses restricts that sound.
Not saying you are wrong, but i REALLY hope you are. Lol

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
That sounds good. The muffler design seems much different than what can be incorporated on the Mustang, but my fingers are crossed.

I don't think pre-turbo 'piping' dictates the frequency/Hz of the exhaust we hear from the tailpipes...I think that's all up to the muffler design and post turbo exhaust routing.

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
Care to expound or are we just supposed to take your word for it?
I explained it already in another thread, but I guess I can elaborate here too.

First the length of each runner in the exhaust manifold is a big factor. Unequal length headers cause uneven exhaust pulses consequently causing a deeper note. Examples would be the subaru boxer motor, mazdaspeed 2.3DISI. Equal length headers will cause a smooth, higher pitched exhaust note because the pulses are more evenly spaced out. Equal length headers provide better performance than unequal length on a turbocharged motor. Google and Youtube can better explain what i am talking about if I didn't make it clear enough... again... to understand.

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
Look up the video showing a comparison between equal length and unequal length headers. I posted a video on another thread. It shows the massive difference between the two with the only change being the manifold.

So, yes, it most certainly does change how the car sounds.

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
So you agree, they 'contribute to' the frequency...they don't 'dictate' it. Other mufflers/exhaust can result in a very different sound.

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
What are you getting at? The turbo and turboback exhaust contributes as well... the only thing that dictates how a motor sounds is the motor itself. Between camshaft profile, valve profiles, head porting, firing order (which is the same as a mazdaspeed), compression ratio, etx... there are so many things that "dictate" but nothing in the exhaust does. So I ask again what are you getting at?

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
What are you getting at? The turbo and turboback exhaust contributes as well... the only thing that dictates how a motor sounds is the motor itself. Between camshaft profile, valve profiles, head porting, firing order (which is the same as a mazdaspeed), compression ratio, etx... there are so many things that "dictate" but nothing in the exhaust does. So I ask again what are you getting at?
Post #4. I didn't agree about the second part of the post. Summed up pretty well, you might read it over again since you're confused. At that point you didn't agree w/ me, but turns out you really do...now you're saying nothing in the exhaust influences what the topic this discussion is about - exhaust. I'm trying to figure out just what it is you're arguing about. Maybe you need to look up the definition of 'dictate'?

What's a 'valve profile', btw?

:focus:

I'm curious to know the pipe layout and internal volume of the MS3 muffler vs those on the Mustang and those being offered by the aftermarket for the EB.

It seems the least popular sound comes from those systems which eliminate the resonator, and replace the stock mufflers w/ mufflers about 1/2 the internal volume, each. A lot, including myself, find the RIP exhaust to be the best (so far)...they use a muffler in place of the stock resonator, but use small bullet-style mufflers at the back. I asked them if they'd done any testing w/ an oval case at the back, but they hadnt, since straightening the crazy bends beyond the axle was of primary importance in their design. I think the oval case might be a potential solution if one can also somehow get the kinks out of that tubing. Custom built mufflers, anyone?

Basing this off of personal experience when in the early 90's Dad and I ran 4 mufflers on a dual 2.5" exhaust and noted a reduction in dB as well as Hz over the same system w/ just 2.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I should've chosen a better phrase than "dictate the sound". Pre-turbo changes definitely change the sound of the exhaust, that is easy enough to find out via some youtube searches of exhaust manifold changes on other turbo cars. I understand where you're coming from Herr, but the compressor from the turbo doesn't essentially "undo" everything from pre-compressor. Changing an exhaust manifold, cam shaft, etc does alter the sound. Exhaust systems can alter the sound coming from an engine, but as we can see from practically every exhaust video for this car, something still doesn't sound so good. That's where you'd go to the manifold and so on and so forth.

So "dictate" was a poor choice of words.
Sponsored