Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Yep, and if I still had it, wouldn’t be getting an 18
Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
;)Almost bought a new fully loaded Discovery 5 or another Porsche over the weekend for £55k but I’m back and decided £45k for a MY18 would be better;) but instead of rushing in with an order when the rear spoiler is available, I’m going to wait and see for a few months. £40k would be much better :ford:

After all what would I do with my white gear knob sitting on my desk for 18 months :lol:

I guess minimal chance of us getting a RHD Bullitt or Mach 1 but who knows :headbonk:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I don't envy the dealer sales staff having to try and shift those soft-tops at the moment.

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
I payed £35,100 for my 16.

I'm actually getting about £37,000 for it to go towards my 18 (however, I wouldn’t recommend writing it off as I did to go down this route- not worth the agro andpain in loosing my baby).
Wow, great deal on insurance, well done, I paid £37K for my MY17 (Apr car) and only got £32K in October (6 months) with 4.5K miles on it in immaculate condition. Then add the mandated mods for an MY17 (another £2K) and MY17 get a big hit in the early days, but I am guessing the market for Mustangs is only a small market, those that love Mustangs and those that love NA V8s...... I have to admit I really love the look of the S550, I think its a real head turner, but I was actually drawn to it because of the great price to get a stonking V8, I was not a Mustang fan before I had one.

The other reason I think depreciation for MY17 and MY18 is going to be higher than MY16 (ignoring the Ford price rises) is the increase in TAX (TAX changes from 01 Apr 17), the £2K upfront Tax is an immediate hit on resale prices.

IMHO unless you get dealer discount (the CARWOW way) the success of the S550.1 (sheer number of S550.1 sold in the UK) will inevitably lead to depreciation for MY17 S550.1 and MY18 S550.2. The demand is/will get saturated.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
All this talk about '15, '16', '17 and '18 depreciation... and I can't speak for others on here... but I didn't go out and buy a Mustang with the intention of selling it after 6, 12 or 18 months... and if I did I would expect to take a hit on it.

Vehicle depreciation is old news... it's not some new shock-horror phenomenon... and unless you're buying something off the scale rare or collectable your gonna lose on it... end of.

When you buy a car like a Mustang, you do so to use it and enjoy it... that's its primary purpose... and if depreciation is the only thing in the forefront of your mind... stick with a Fiesta!

Sorry... but all this stuff about depreciation across the forum is becoming repetitive... :frusty: !

Last edited:

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
All this talk about '15, '16', '17 and '18 depreciation... and I can't speak for others on here... but I didn't go out and buy a Mustang with the intention of selling it after 6, 12 or 18 months... and if I did I would expect to take a hit on it.

Vehicle depreciation is old news... it's not some new shock-horror phenomenon... and unless you're buying something off the scale rare or collectable your gonna lose on it... end of.

When you buy a car like a Mustang, you do so to use it and enjoy it... that's it's primary purpose... and if depreciation is the only thing in the forefront of your mind... stick with a Fiesta!

Sorry... but all this stuff about depreciation across the forum is becoming repetitive... :frusty: !
This.

I plan on keeping mine for the forseable future and couldn't care less what someone is willing to buy it off me for. I'm getting the car because it's what I want and I can afford it.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yep. Collected mine 2yrs ago to the day. Just passed 25k miles and still driving it through the winter, not a care in the world about what it's worth.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I've ploughed over £10k into mine since purchase and I couldn't give a flying f&%* what it's worth as far as WBAC, Parkers, Glass', Autotrader the AA or anyone else thinks.

I bought it to enjoy it and that's exactly what I'm doing... and the bonus is, every time I lavish a bit more of my hard-earned on it and change something... it's like having a new car all over again.

Much as I'm not enamoured with the front end of the '18... with the near full option list (including Mag ride and Recaro's etc.) it's still value-for-money to my mind, as it's still a car that can hold itself up against something 2, 3 or 4 times the price... maybe not performance wise, perhaps more aesthetically, but if you want to race somebody... buy an Atom or Caterham or something similar... if you just want to feel good... buy a Mustang :D !

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
I do think that some of the problems are people who have (heavily) modified their cars and now expect to sell them for big money because they have spent a lot on them. Sorry but most people looking to drop £30K plus on a car are not going to buy one that has been modified, lowered, tuned, wrapped or been tampered with in any way. They want a standard car that hasn't been thrashed around, line locked or similar. Now your modified car might very well have been extremely well looked after, but people don't want to spend big bucks on anything that has been touched, even if only cosmetic.
Standard cars are selling as my 66 plate car was sold by the dealer in less than two weeks and it was back to standard, had never been modded other than exhaust which was back to standard.
I know guys on here take great pride in what they have done with their cars, but there is no way I would drop over £30k on your modified cars guys, and I trust you and get it. The standard ones are selling and not losing that much over new prices, the ones not selling are the ones still modded and that must be a reason.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
After second thoughts on buying another Classic.... a 69 Mach1 Mustang i decided to rethink a new S550.
After rebuilding my 327ci engine in my hot rod, i realised i am not getting any younger, crawling underneath cars etc., all getting a bit hard work restoring cars.. The new route may well be a better option for me..

I did consider this a year ago, but after Ford dropped two of the colours i was keen on, that left `Old Man Magentic` as my third choice..

I was also keen to see what depreciation factor too, but after watching the market for a year, i can see they clearly demand high residual value, after phoning around etc., for second hand ones...that had been sold..

Put this with the fact a 2017 car only carries £140 road tax, and insurance only a tad over £200 for me...it was a no brainer really.

There is certainly a myth that every dealer is busting a gut to discount Mustangs to clear stock..and found from experience this certainly was just NOT the case.
In fact after a couple of days, emailing and phoning around in most cases `discount....Mustangs...How very Dare You` was 95% of my results..

After someone on here mentioning CarWow i decided to give them a try...again 95% was a waste of time..
Then i found a dealer who was happy to haggle a bit..:headbang: then after a bit more haggling, came to a great deal..

I did work for a main car dealer for a short while, and if you are lucky, you can find one who is happy to hit their targets, as Ford then gives them a bonus and higher dealer incentive then.

So to conclude, i am picking up my Grabber Blue Auto with all the Christmas trimmings 2nd Jan.. Left it a few weeks, as its then a 2018 registered car.

At a price for me cheaper than i think it was when i was looking a year ago..:thumbsup:

Depreciation,.. sure it will lose some money, but far less than most new cars
But hey...do i care.. iTs a Mustang.. and my third one too..:cool:

Anyone thinking of buying there is also a CarWow £50 incentive too; https://quotes.carwow.co.uk/r/1307651

Last edited:

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension mods have made the mustang handle so much better so in that respect i dont see it as a problem,I've spent about 3k extra and I'm realistic on what i will get for a 2 yr old car with 22000 on the clock,and to be fair I'm not having sleepless nights over it.I f i don't sell it privately it will be traded in.From what I've seen on eBay people are asking too much for GTs.If i got 27/28k for mine it would be OK

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
All these threads about the MY18 it's cost, depreciation people hanging around that sold theirs wagging their fingers yadda yadda is fucking boring...what's happening to this forum. Come on car guys and gear heads more talk about smoking the tyres and driving sideways please

Might have drunk a bit much don't mean to offend but come on....

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Might have drunk a bit much don't mean to offend but come on....
Mods mods mods.... we love mods:D

I've got a GT350 rear quad tip valance on the way, I'm getting my resonator and back boxes modded for a different tone, a GT350 rear Undertray, and a 50th anniversary grill to fit.....

Then I may redo the stripes for a different look in 2018:headbang::headbang::thumbsup:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Mods? I've added BMR torque arms in the rear and a 4 pt. brace BMR CB006 for the front, Airaid "tube" & drop-in w/SVE X-pipe bringing the Hp to 450 crank or better. Wider tires and sticker for better grip on launch & in the twisty's, what mods? I am keeping my 16 and hope most GT S550 owners make their ponies unique as well. Now if my mate in Beanacre, Whiltshire,U.K. to buy one if he moves back across the pond.

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mods mods mods.... we love mods:D

I've got a GT350 rear quad tip valance on the way, I'm getting my resonator and back boxes modded for a different tone, a GT350 rear Undertray, and a 50th anniversary grill to fit.....

Then I may redo the stripes for a different look in 2018:headbang::headbang::thumbsup:
"no more mods" ;)

Where did you pickup the 350 rear undertray from?
Sponsored