Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Noticed that the dealer stock (unregistered MY17) cars are now being offered at discounted rates.

Sandicliffe (East Midlands dealer) are advertising Mustangs with "Huge customer savings on list price" and cars from other dealers are openly being advertised on ebay with £2500 off.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mustang-5-0-V8-GT-Auto-Ruby-Red-Convertible-Ceramic-leather-REDUCED/162793105686?hash=item25e739a916:g:Lw0AAOSw2gxYvBur
Yes I saw that myself and dealers have a triple problem now: wholesale stock of MY17 to shift, very expensive MY18 to generate orders from; just as the UK car market is in freefall. I foresee discounting on the MY18 at a place near you soon.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
According to Ford over 70% of buyers have gone for the coupe and 55% gone for stick so I would have thought the vert autos would be hardest to shift and so probably discounted first.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Yes I saw that myself and dealers have a triple problem now: wholesale stock of MY17 to shift, very expensive MY18 to generate orders from; just as the UK car market is in freefall. I foresee discounting on the MY18 at a place near you soon.

Yep I cancelled my MY18, might wait until it all dies down and see if I can get a Carwow discount in the summer :ford:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yep I cancelled my MY18, might wait until it all dies down and see if I can get a Carwow discount in the summer :ford:
I'd not bother buddy, the 2016's are going for 27-32k around a year old, to me that seems a better buy as most cars are under 10,000 miles.

Even discounted the MY17's are close to 40k new, in 12 months time it will be worth around 30k. Save yourself 10k in depreciation and potential new car faults.

Of course if you really want that new car feeling and you warrant its worth the depreciation go ahead, but having done the new car and buying second hand, I find a well looked after second hand car feels no different to me than buying brand new, because lets face it even a brand new car has probably had half a dozen people drive it before you anyway to get it into the UK dealership.

Though if you plan to buy and to keep as a keeper than buying brand new certainly is a good idea then, as it is truly yours. But if your going to sell it on in a couple of years, might as well save the depreciation and buy 12-18 months old.

Sponsored

Ant18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
I'd not bother buddy, the 2016's are going for 27-32k around a year old, to me that seems a better buy as most cars are under 10,000 miles.

Even discounted the MY17's are close to 40k new, in 12 months time it will be worth around 30k. Save yourself 10k in depreciation and potential new car faults.

Of course if you really want that new car feeling and you warrant its worth the depreciation go ahead, but having done the new car and buying second hand, I find a well looked after second hand car feels no different to me than buying brand new, because lets face it even a brand new car has probably had half a dozen people drive it before you anyway to get it into the UK dealership.

Though if you plan to buy and to keep as a keeper than buying brand new certainly is a good idea then, as it is truly yours. But if your going to sell it on in a couple of years, might as well save the depreciation and buy 12-18 months old.
I could not agree more!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 16MY coupe ruby red, 3.55:1 base, new. At $30,000.00 OTD but caught $8,000 on trade-in 2014 3.7

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
...in 12 months time it will be worth around 30k. Save yourself 10k in depreciation and potential new car faults.
Sorry... but where does this across the board 10k depreciation, which having previously been applied the the MY18 is now also being applied to the MY17, keep coming from?

...lets face it even a brand new car has probably had half a dozen people drive it before you anyway to get it into the UK dealership.
I wouldn't say that having had a limited amount of factory, shipping company and dealership employees who've spent 10-15 minutes max. with their bums on the seat and probably put less than 20 miles on a car makes a fair and equal comparison to one that's done 20k miles up and down the salty, stoney and pot-holed roads of the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) in all weather conditions, probably having been ragged once or twice, shagged in once or twice, and used to carry home the interior infusing fish and chip dinner on numerous occasions!

I've yet to find a second-hand car that has that 'new' smell, doesn't have the shape of someone else's arse and the accompanying creases in the seat, doesn't have the scratches from rings and keys on the gearstick or shifter and console, and doesn't have the light 'sheen' on the steering wheel of the previous owners' oily, sweaty and in some cases snotty hands.

I know you're trying to convince yourself it's a fair comparison as you don't want to pay new price for a Jag that would probably tank in value by more than the cost of a brand new MY18 in the first 3 years... but second-hand is second-hand... and can never truly feel like new... as much as and however you try to justify it ;) !

Last edited:

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Sorry... but where does this across the board 10k depreciation, which having previously been applied the the MY18 is now also being applied to the MY17, keep coming from?

I wouldn't say that having had a limited amount of factory, shipping company and dealership employees who've spent 10-15 minutes max. with their bums on the seat and probably put less than 20 miles on a car makes a fair and equal comparison to one that's done 20k miles up and down the salty, stoney and pot-holed roads of the UK (or anywhere else for that matter) in all weather conditions, probably having been ragged once or twice, shagged in once or twice, and used to carry home the interior infusing fish and chip dinner on numerous occasions!

I've yet to find a second-hand car that has that 'new' smell, doesn't have the shape of someone else's arse and the accompanying creases in the seat, doesn't have the scratches from rings and keys on the gearstick or shifter and console, and doesn't have the light 'sheen' on the steering wheel of the previous owners' oily, sweaty and in some cases snotty hands.

I know you're trying to convince yourself it's a fair comparison as you don't want to pay new price for a Jag that would probably tank in value by more than the cost of brand new MY18 in the first 3 years... but second-hand is second-hand... and can never truly feel like new... as much as and however you try to justify it ;) !
I cant agree more.. Mr Gibbo sounds very bitter and twisted :shrug:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like me and DR feelgood are the only ones keeping the MY18 faith!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I know you're trying to convince yourself it's a fair comparison as you don't want to pay new price for a Jag that would probably tank in value by more than the cost of a brand new MY18 in the first 3 years... but second-hand is second-hand... and can never truly feel like new... as much as and however you try to justify it ;) !

My comment about half a dozen people driving it before you was tongue in cheek. ;)

An MY17 is about 40k. 12-18 months time it will fetch around 28-32k, maybe 33-34k if you get lucky.

I am speaking from experience, most of us who sold out 12-18 months cars got 28-34k for them, we were lucky as we paid 35k new, those who paid the increased prices are not so lucky.

A few members here struggled to get more than 32k, so took low 30 or high 20's on their car and some even gave up trying to sell at 32-34k and just withdrew the car from sale.

Fact is 18 month old examples are fetching around low 30k. As such buying an MY17 now for around 40k its reasonable to assume if the trend stays as is those cars will be worth around 30k in 18 months time.

I am just basing values from other members say they sold their 12-18 months cars for here.

I am not bitter at all, I love Mustang's have had two now and I am 99.99% confident I shall be in one again, either an MY18 or an S650, I just had a change of heart for reasons I outlined.

The 2018 will be an awesome car, I mean they are now doing 11.2@125mph with just an E85 tune and tyre with the A10, that is bloody fast. But for me an 18 would be a sidestep and in my opinion in 18 months time my 49k car would struggle to fetch more than 40k, maybe even as low as 35k. I'd rather lose 10-15k on something truly rare and special, which the SVR to me is and as such I can wait for a second hand 2018 to come along or just get in an S650.

I truly hope I am wrong, be nothing more nicer to see these cars rocket in value as I love Mustangs but based on how a few here really struggled to move cars on and in the end took less than they hoped for, it all points to values being lower on used than we had all hoped.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I payed £35,100 for my 16.

I'm actually getting about £37,000 for it to go towards my 18 (however, I wouldn’t recommend writing it off as I did to go down this route- not worth the agro andpain in loosing my baby).

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I payed £35,100 for my 16.

I'm actually getting about £37,000 for it to go towards my 18 (however, I wouldn’t recommend writing it off as I did to go down this route- not worth the agro andpain in loosing my baby).

You did very well with your insurance. If you were selling that car today, you'd be getting closer to 30k than 35k for it I reckon judging by what others here have sold for.

So you got a great deal out of your insurers, on the downside you've being without a Pony for sometime. :(
Sponsored

Last edited: