Sponsored

Why I cancelled

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
haha so when do you pick up the jag then ?
Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Although I now it will not put you off, but I thought I might add my two penn'orth but as we do a huge amount of development work on all JLR models from pre production thorough to final production models at work, I have to say I would never get a JLR even if it was given me with a wad of cash inside as a butter up.

In my view, and I guess it maybe one sided a bit, but spending that amount on a Jag, I would expect perfection, and I know they are no where near perfection, even new the build quality can be horrendous.

Jags are high performance, high level, luxury motor cars, it is what they have built their reputation and name on, so the moment one thing drops below that high level and high expectation you feel let down.

Whereas spending any amount on a Ford, it is still a Ford, so expectations are duly extremely low, so when it conforms to being a Ford I am not surprised, to my mind Fords in general, and especially American Fords are built to go from A to B.

They are not luxury cars, they should (in my mind at least) never be compared to luxury cars even if in same price bracket.

Just my opinion,

I shall get my coat :bolt:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Although I now it will not put you off, but I thought I might add my two penn'orth but as we do a huge amount of development work on all JLR models from pre production thorough to final production models at work, I have to say I would never get a JLR even if it was given me with a wad of cash inside as a butter up.

In my view, and I guess it maybe one sided a bit, but spending that amount on a Jag, I would expect perfection, and I know they are no where near perfection, even new the build quality can be horrendous.

Jags are high performance, high level, luxury motor cars, it is what they have built their reputation and name on, so the moment one thing drops below that high level and high expectation you feel let down.

Whereas spending any amount on a Ford, it is still a Ford, so expectations are duly extremely low, so when it conforms to being a Ford I am not surprised, to my mind Fords in general, and especially American Fords are built to go from A to B.

They are not luxury cars, they should (in my mind at least) never be compared to luxury cars even if in same price bracket.

Just my opinion,

I shall get my coat :bolt:
thats the exact problem if ford don't want them to be compared they shouldn't price them as such!

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought i sensed you cooling off on the 18,good luck with the jag it looks awesome.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
"As such I was trying to be sensible, looking at Porsches..." lol :lol:
You've clearly thought it through so best of luck with whatever you end up sitting in.

Sponsored

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Gibbo, did the AWD help the handling or is it the SVR tweaks that make it special, so would a V6S AWD or V8 AWD handle (accepting less grunt) OK?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Gibbo, did the AWD help the handling or is it the SVR tweaks that make it special, so would a V6S AWD or V8 AWD handle (accepting less grunt) OK?
I'd say 75% AWD, 25% tweaks, but it was like a 20-30 minute drive and even though I gave it some stick and got upto some crazy speeds, I can only summarise.

But with the AWD it could drop all 600HP even too greasy tarmac and its AWD/Chassy setup as the other chap here said was very R34 GTR reminding which I loved driving my R34 GTR hard by the way as it was neutral/playful at the limit without biting.

But yes the AWD makes a dramatic change, I think Jaguar underplay the AWD as well.

They claim 4.0s to 60 for the R RWD and 3.9s to 60 for the R AWD. Only 0.1s difference haha. Kind of proven as most press reviews show the R AWD around 3.5s and some as low as 3.3s. But in fairness I've seen the RWD do as quick as 3.5s its just nowhere near as consistent as you cannot just mash the pedal on the RWD, there is technique to it.

Jaguar claim the SVR as 3.5s and reviews have seen as low as 3.1s, so Jaguar are mega conservative it seems on the statistics.

But equally on the mpg figures they seem to sell you a pipe dream, the thing drank fuel very quick, even the V6S, but admitted I drove everywhere in 2nd gear popping and banging, probably not best for economy that when its got 8 gears in its pot to play with. :D

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has to be blue or ginger for me buddy.

I want this one, infact this exact one, attached.
Awesome, how much is one of those used in the UK?

The cheapest R, not an SVR I can find i Sweden is a 2015 with 24500 miles on the clock for 61500 GBP. The prices are a bit different here haha

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck and enjoy. It still won't be fast enough :)
Is anything ever fast enough? I mean, we're british we'd complain if we had teleportation :lol::lol:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Can we open a book on [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]s first foray into electric cars?

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
thats the exact problem if ford don't want them to be compared they shouldn't price them as such!
But technically they are not pricing it as such are they ?

As we know a brand new V8 Mustang 2018 is £42k with no options, go all out on the options list, and yes you can be near £50k.

The absolute basic cheapest brand new F-TYpe is £50K+, ok fair enough sounds like the right price bracket then.

But the basic F-Type is a 2 litre :shrug:

And no one with any amount of petrol in their veins, will compare a Mustang with a 2 Litre F-TYpe.:headbonk:

So lets start looking at the cheapest low spec V8 F-Type. Brand new, you will need to part with over £90k, and the SVR is £112k.

For £112k you could have two fully specced Mustang 2018's on your driveway, and change in your pocket, a much better option surely :cheers:

But then I hear you cry, " But we are looking and comparing, second hand performance cars at similar prices to brand new Mustangs"

But then you are not comparing like for like.

If you are looking at second hand F-Type's and saying they are a great comparison to a brand new Mustang, I think that is wrong.

Wait 18 months and compare a second hand F-Type, at probably still £50k to £60k+, to an 18 month old 2018 Mustang fully loaded, at maybe £35k to £40k.

Which is the better bargain then ??

Buying ANY brand new car will involve depreciation, you go into the showroom with open eyes and know you are throwing money down the drain.

BUT

It is the glint in your eye, and the grin on your face when you drive away in a car no one else has owned, it's yours and yours alone, that makes it worthwhile.

Yes maybe my 2018 will only be worth £40k in a years time, I do not give a whatsit to be fair, I will still own it, I will still be owning it in 4 or 5 years time most probably, so I will have had way more value for that money than if I had not got the car, or gone for a second hand car because i worried about residuals.

Just my opinion :)
Sponsored