Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I loved my True Blue '01, even though it was "wrong". ;)

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
So the 2001 bullitt came in 3 colors, the 2009 came in two colors. Any chance we see another color other than dark highland green on the 2018 bullitt? I personally think “true blue” that came on the 2001 bullitt would look great on an S550
Back in 2001, I believe only one of the colors, green, was unique to just the Bullitt. The other two were basic stock colors.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Back in 2001, I believe only one of the colors, green, was unique to just the Bullitt. The other two were basic stock colors.
Correct.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Dealers didn't want just "1" color to sell thus the 'other' colors in 01 and 08/09. I would expect the same to happen with the new Bullitt.

Fans want green only...dealers don't. Dealers win.

The first Mustang off the line in 1964 was Wimbledon White and after an absence of 43 years it returned in 2015 on the 50th Anniversary LE. With only 1964 cars made you would think they would all be Wimbledon White...but nope...dealers want to sell 'choice' thus even the 50th LE came in 2 colors.

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
True blue would like really nice on the new stangs.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
True blue is a beautiful color. A little off concept but :eyebulge:
It looks like a metallic, and slightly brighter Nightmist to me.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Dealers didn't want just "1" color to sell thus the 'other' colors in 01 and 08/09. I would expect the same to happen with the new Bullitt.

Fans want green only...dealers don't. Dealers win.
Marketing didn't want them to all be green, based on limited runs in one color not selling well in the past. Perhaps they got input from dealers, but I understood the color choice to be driven that way for the '01s, at least.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was talking to the manager of the local Ford dealer and he said they were getting a small ADM on the last Bullitt cars, but towards the end of the model year they ended up selling their last two Blue Bullitts for well under invoice. It seems no one really wanted the Blue ones when you could get a non-Bullitt in the same color without an ADM with what 5 less HP?

div2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i
Back in 2008 I considered buying a new Mustang Bullitt, but the local dealer laughed and scratched when I mentioned X-Plan(their Bullitt was also wearing a $10K ADM sticker).
Ten months later the same Bullitt Mustang was still nailed to the showroom floor- only now the dealer was frantically emailing me with offers of "employee pricing" and rebates. I wished them a very Merry Chapter 13 and told them to pound sand- all the way to where the sun don't shine...

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I guess I should add that the dealer I was talking to has a GT350R listed for $128,000.00 a full $60K ADM I told his they were crazy, he told me it would go for less, but in our (Silicon Valley) area, getting a huge mark up is easy.

I'm guessing it will be sold to an overpaid (insert tech co. name here) engineer on an H1B Visa, who just got their first driver's license and is buying his/her first car after moving here from somewhere with no car culture, like half the Jaguars, M4s big Mercs, etc. I see driving around.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
I've honestly only seen 4 or 5 GT350's in our area. They're all still on the dealer floors waiting for a sucker.

And the IT engineer tech company guy you're talking about would only buy Japanese or German. My wife is a corporate accounting manager and she is always amazed by how much executives make. Even their executive assistants (secretary) make $120k+
I've seen a lot of them in San Jose, I'm surprised by how semi-common they've been. I've seen more if them than last gen GT500's it feels like. There's a black R in the foothills that I KNOW was purchased for $128k. The kicker was that it was driven by an 18 year old. Probably a graduation present or something.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well lots of car companies are beginning to drop official teasers for Detroit next month. Hoping Ford posts something soon!
Sponsored