Sponsored

First Look Inside Next-Gen GT350 Mustang (S550) Prototype!

Frizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got 4 wheels
You would be lucky.....to date they have ALL been glorious, very mean and evil cross-plane engines, which many have identified as having similar aural characteristics to the current GT500 5.8.:)
I got no problem with a Cross-plane but the FPC interests me quite a bit. I doubt I'll be able to afford the GT-350 anyways less i pick up a used one.

If there were a car running around with an FPC V8 the sound would confuse a lot of people. I'd bet they could put the engine into a base model for testing and most people would assume they were hearing the V6 or ecoboost engine as long as they stayed out of the throttle. FPC engines sound lame just putting around at low RPM's.
Very true, however who in their right mind would keep their right foot under control driving a high revving V8? I know I couldn't especially on a highway on ramp.

I think I like the IDEA of a flat plane crank (low mass, more responsive, RACECAR), more than the actual product. I may be a bit odd, but there's something about the uneven burble of a cross-plane V8 that to me just sounds great, even at idle, and the smoothness of the power delivery exudes a feeling of effortlessness that might be missing from a flat-plane crank version.

But, I do like the sounds of the Ferrari 458, so a flat-plane may not be all bad.

-T
Smaller displacement, high rev, high output would be a great tribute to the old GT-350.

besides it would be something to really scare the crap out of several automakers.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Very true, however who in their right mind would keep their right foot under control driving a high revving V8? I know I couldn't especially on a highway on ramp.

A Ford engineer who wants to keep their job.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Aren't they put into that one driving mode where you simply can't, or is that only for loaner cars to aftermarket companies?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hope Milestone doesn't mind me posting these in here..........he posted them in the "De-camo'd" thread, too :)

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Sponsored