Sponsored

First Look Inside Next-Gen GT350 Mustang (S550) Prototype!

imatur

GT350 will be mine!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302
Not that I know anything... just speculating.

I think you will see the GT350 go head-to-head (and beat) the ZL1. I highly doubt the production car will go head to head with the street Z28 on performance or price. I believe that will be left to the GT500 replacement. I expect the base price to be more in the range of the Boss 302 LS ($50-52K). This keeps it below the price of the ZL1... at least I hope so as I want to replace my Boss with this car.

I expect that there will be at least 4 versions - 2 street and 2 for the track (just like the Boss 302 / LS / S / R). I imagine it is important to Ford that they have an answer for the Z28 race car soon.

Can't wait to see more... Thanks to mustang6g
Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I think it may have somthing to do with testing the extra cooling for the brakes by cutting off the main path of air that would normally cool the brakes letting them test the temps and cooling under high heat and stress without having to flog it on the track. But that is just a guess on m part:thumbsup:
That's a decent theory except why would they be covered on public roads where they will never be stressed to the point of challenging the cooling capabilities... My guess is that they don't want customers and competition to know if they have moved forward with carbon ceramic rotors that were seen in a very early on when prototypes hit the streets

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Notice how we can't see the turn indicators in the latest shots? Could the headlamps be exposed because the turn signals are in the main headlamp for GT350? :shrug:

The S550 is a world car, side markers?

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
I think it's pretty much a given the old 5.4/5.8 Shelby engine won't be seen in S550......although it does fit "with some work"..........and those are the words of Dave Pericak :thumbsup:
I don't think it's guaranteed in any way, shape or form, or else how would Dave Pericak 'know that it fits'? Why would they even bother trying to shoehorn it into the S550? It would be a waste of time and money if they never planned on SOME version of the S550 getting the 5.4/5.8 somewhere down the road. You don't load a gun if you don't plan on using it. :thumbsup:

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I don't think it's guaranteed in any way, shape or form, or else how would Dave Pericak 'know that it fits'? Why would they even bother trying to shoehorn it into the S550? It would be a waste of time and money if they never planned on SOME version of the S550 getting the 5.4/5.8 somewhere down the road. You don't load a gun if you don't plan on using it. :thumbsup:
Those in the know have indicated it's not going into the s550 and the production line that produced the 5.8 is retooled for something else. Great engine but it's dead, too big, too heavy, and not advanced enough to continue forward.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's possible that early mules/prototypes used that engine to aid the testing of other new components on the car. The rumoured Voodoo engine may not have been available at the start :shrug:

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The S550 is a world car, side markers?
I would guess they are just covered up or it's an early prototype issue.

S550 might be a world car but as of now there are no plans to sell the SVT there officially.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

DMV

A few basic facts.

No more Trinity.
SVT is US only for now.
Very high tech suspension.
It will have a/c standard :)
What is a FPC.
This is a prototype.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sometimes you have to read between the lines, learn the rhythm of the riddles ;)