Sponsored

Detroit Auto Show

Wrench

Threads
Reaction score
Anyone going to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this month? Maybe group photo with the 2015 Mustang, and there's always free stuff. :ford:
Sponsored

zerot

I'll be there for sure. Anyone else? Can't do a group photo with just 2 ppl. :p I'm also curious about a few things since it's really the first major debut of the car at an auto show.

1. Is Ford putting on any special event (besides a press conf) to introduce the car or any other Mustang related anniversary festivities?
2. What blanks do we expect Ford to fill in?

We're still missing info on power/torque, mpg, weight, pricing, packages..... what else ?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Not going to Detroit, but looks like we're getting the Mustang as a Canadian premiere.
Can't wait.

NRMStand

I'll be there for sure. Anyone else? Can't do a group photo with just 2 ppl. :p I'm also curious about a few things since it's really the first major debut of the car at an auto show.

1. Is Ford putting on any special event (besides a press conf) to introduce the car or any other Mustang related anniversary festivities?
2. What blanks do we expect Ford to fill in?

We're still missing info on power/torque, mpg, weight, pricing, packages..... what else ?
We should definitely get HP figures next week. I would be shocked if we didn't.

That and weight will be the major missing pieces that I'm waiting to hear before deciding, assuming price isn't totally out of left field.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
We should definitely get HP figures next week. I would be shocked if we didn't.
I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until the NY show in April. They may still have a month or two of testing yet.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until the NY show in April. They may still have a month or two of testing yet.
This is my thinking..............they'll share most of the information around the 50th Anniversary :)

crazyfastfreddy

do they ever officially debut a production car (not a concept) at a major show and not have power figures? isn't that really unusual?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
do they ever officially debut a production car (not a concept) at a major show and not have power figures? isn't that really unusual?

It's also unusual for models to be on sale in February and March of the preceding model year like the Mustang has for the last few years.

The models Ford has been showing since December 5th were not concept cars but rather pre-production models.

crazyfastfreddy

yea but they've always had the power figures ready for detroit in the past and it's always called pre production until they actually start Job1 and sell it no?

im just saying this isnt a concept or anything. they are showing a car that will be mass produced. i could be wrong but i cant remember the last time that happened at a major show and they didnt have the hp figures.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
yea but they've always had the power figures ready for detroit in the past and it's always called pre production until they actually start Job1 and sell it no?

im just saying this isnt a concept or anything. they are showing a car that will be mass produced. i could be wrong but i cant remember the last time that happened at a major show and they didnt have the hp figures.
They did the same thing with the Focus ST when it came to the DFW auto show. They didn't have price or power numbers for me.

Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
The Detroit show is supposed to be the F150's big coming out party. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they did nothing with the Mustang other than show that same damn red car they've been showing since the debut with no new info.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
other than show that same damn red car
Eh, i'll take that damn red car any day of the week. ;) , seriously at least we're being shown the real deal.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I don't know why they wouldn't reveal the figures, unless they're still fine tuning. Most people know the ballpark for each motor, so whatever numbers they release likely aren't going to be anything earth shattering.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I don't know why they wouldn't reveal the figures, unless they're still fine tuning. Most people know the ballpark for each motor, so whatever numbers they release likely aren't going to be anything earth shattering.
I wouldn't put it past Chevy to re tune their 2014 Camaros for 5 hp above the Mustang to try to spoil the anniversary. They're currently sitting at 426 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque.

KZStang

My thoughts exactly. They aren't still trying to figure out the HP; the numbers are no doubt already set and with mostly carryover engines there is no reason to expect anything unexpected. I think the reason they didn't want to release it for the reveal was to have the focus on the new design, the great proportions of the car, the increased interior room, etc. as there was more than enough questions for them to handle at once. All the finer technical specs can be saved for the big auto shows and I think we will get at least one piece of that puzzle on Monday.
Sponsored