My Competition Orange V8

JonF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Auto
The black roof is fantastic with that colour!
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
So, I went for a good drive in it today on all sorts of roads.
A route out of Hastings (single carriageway)
M25 (flowing well)
A2 with traffic and then London stop/start traffic into London.

I did not drive fast but gave it the odd boot full.
The best thing was doing around 24mpg for the whole journey and over 28mpg on the return journey, once out of London traffic.

The car exceeded my expectations in pretty much every way. It was just awesome.
Comfortable, fast, effortless to drive in London as well as on the motorway.

I feels big but I love that about it. Its a muscle car not a little sports car! Sometimes you car turn in to a junction and if the road drops away slightly, you lose sight of the road. All you can see is the testosterone fuelled bonnet bulges. And yeh, that looks good but my favourite view? That would be looking in the side mirror at the bulging flanks at the rear, they just look beautiful.

If you dont like attention, seriously cancel your order right now. I spent 5 mins on a BO forecourt and have a guy get out his van and come and talk to me, 2 pictures taken, and a van full of builders giving me the thumbs up!

And that was before I picked my boy up from school. Honestly, I had kids taking pics, asking me what it is, asking me to blip the throttle. It was just a hive of activity all around looking at staring at the car.

Those of you considering ordering an after market exhaust....get the car first! It sounds just wonderful. I thing Ford have got the balance right between quite smooth cruising that does not annoy but with a roar when you apply the throttle. I am not saying dont get after market, just listen to it as it is. You may, like me feel happy with it and spend a grand or more on other bits!

Everything seems to fit well and build quality feels fine. I love it inside. Its not like a BMW or Audi perhaps but thats not what I brought. I want pure yanky muscle.

I loved driving it in London. Clutch is fine. Those that are saying its heavy, well maybe they are more use to family hatch backs. Gearbox is a bit clunky but it slips in to each gear fine. One thing I did find is having so much torque is a bit like driving an Automatic. I found that you can get away with driving around in 3rd gear right down to almost stopping.

All in all, I just love it. I love the way it looks, the way it drives and I seriously love the attention it gets.

Oh, and the pony puddle lamps, well they are making me smile just thinking about them. What touch that is. I think my son summed them up. He said "you know, I love the puddle lamps because you dont need them. Everything else on the car is there for a purpose but thos puddle lamps are simply there. And they look great"

I this is all a dream DO NOT wake me!

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
That was a brave colour choice all those months/years/decades ago

Got to say it works well,

enjoy

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
Excellent review - cannot wait to get mine now (it is in Southampton!)

Did Stuart fill it with fuel for you? Was it super unleaded or regular?

What did you do about your number plate?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
M25 (flowing well)

The best thing was doing around 24mpg for the whole journey and over 28mpg on the return journey, once out of London traffic.
Where's that "I told you so" smiley? :D

Getting excited for mine now!

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Excellent review - cannot wait to get mine now (it is in Southampton!)

Did Stuart fill it with fuel for you? Was it super unleaded or regular?

What did you do about your number plate?
The sticker on the inside of the fuel cap says "Use quality fuel" so you probably don't HAVE to use super, normal will probably be fine.

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
The sticker on the inside of the fuel cap says "Use quality fuel" so you probably don't HAVE to use super, normal will probably be fine.
You lose power if you don't use Super Unleaded...

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
M25 (flowing well)

The car exceeded my expectations in pretty much every way. It was just awesome.
Comfortable, fast, effortless to drive in London as well as on the motorway.

I feels big but I love that about it. Its a muscle car not a little sports car! Sometimes you car turn in to a junction and if the road drops away slightly, you lose sight of the road. All you can see is the testosterone fuelled bonnet bulges. And yeh, that looks good but my favourite view? That would be looking in the side mirror at the bulging flanks at the rear, they just look beautiful.

If you dont like attention, seriously cancel your order right now. I spent 5 mins on a BO forecourt and have a guy get out his van and come and talk to me, 2 pictures taken, and a van full of builders giving me the thumbs up!

And that was before I picked my boy up from school. Honestly, I had kids taking pics, asking me what it is, asking me to blip the throttle. It was just a hive of activity all around looking at staring at the car.

Those of you considering ordering an after market exhaust....get the car first! It sounds just wonderful. I thing Ford have got the balance right between quite smooth cruising that does not annoy but with a roar when you apply the throttle. I am not saying dont get after market, just listen to it as it is. You may, like me feel happy with it and spend a grand or more on other bits!

Everything seems to fit well and build quality feels fine. I love it inside. Its not like a BMW or Audi perhaps but thats not what I brought. I want pure yanky muscle.

I loved driving it in London. Clutch is fine. Those that are saying its heavy, well maybe they are more use to family hatch backs. Gearbox is a bit clunky but it slips in to each gear fine. One thing I did find is having so much torque is a bit like driving an Automatic. I found that you can get away with driving around in 3rd gear right down to almost stopping.

All in all, I just love it. I love the way it looks, the way it drives and I seriously love the attention it gets.

Oh, and the pony puddle lamps, well they are making me smile just thinking about them. What touch that is. I think my son summed them up. He said "you know, I love the puddle lamps because you dont need them. Everything else on the car is there for a purpose but thos puddle lamps are simply there. And they look great"

I this is all a dream DO NOT wake me!
Bloody excellent little review... the downside to this is, you've made me chomp at the bit even more now!!! :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
You lose power if you don't use Super Unleaded...
Still say its a negligible 1-2% in a GT. Much more significant in an EB - possibly around 30bhp.

Happy to be corrected.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
What a beaut!

Your description makes yearn for mine.
Sponsored