Sponsored

Steeda Progressive Spring review

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
So after having ghostsurfed these forums for reviews on suspension parts for the past two years I pulled the trigger on Black Friday and saved 20% off my entire Steeda order of Progressive Springs, Pro Action (nonadjustable) Shocks/Struts, Front & Rear adjustable sway bars, Rear Shock Mounts, IRS bushing support and alignment kit, Camber plates, and Bumpsteer kit :headbang: *Refer to link for feedback on the other suspension parts besides the Springs*: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85455

SPECIFICALLY THE SPRINGS:
Only having put 250 miles since the complete suspension overhaul I gotta say I am soooooo happy with the stance, ride quality as well as the roll control, a true win/win. The nose dive is the biggest thing you notice over everything else. I brake a good half second or two later just because I know that the nose will be so expertly controlled (I guess I'm gonna need new brake pads more regularly:headbonk:).

In the turns, the springs (with pro actions and sways) have been remarkable, with a more controlled weight transfer that is another great improvement over the floaty/wobbly way the car would transfer before. I have had no noise from the springs thanks to the rubber covering Steeda provided (I've heard people complain of noisy progressive springs).

The ride height is amazing with my 275x35x20 setup, really fills in the wheel well perfectly. I never thought I would be a fan of rake, but the 1.1" front and 1" rear drops gives it such a more menacing look with the slightest rake. (pictures of rake looked weird to me, so glad to see it in person) Only downside is that now I gotta remove my MMD mud flaps due to the ride height in the front, they scrape on everything :frusty:

When you cruise on the highway it feels smoother than the non-pp gt springs yet in the turns they tighten smoothly and effectively. I find these springs to be a much better choice than what Ford thought would be a good "GT" spring setup :crazy: The stock car should have come with progressive springs like these!

Thank you to JC, and Harry at Steeda for helping me understand my needs and suggesting the best course of action to meet those needs in my purchase. Would recommend highly these springs (as well as the other mods I got) to other mustang owners who are looking for a Top Tier GT setup.
Thank you so much for your detailed review!

Team Steeda!!
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
So after having ghostsurfed these forums for reviews on suspension parts for the past two years I pulled the trigger on Black Friday and saved 20% off my entire Steeda order of Progressive Springs, Pro Action (nonadjustable) Shocks/Struts, Front & Rear adjustable sway bars, Rear Shock Mounts, IRS bushing support and alignment kit, Camber plates, and Bumpsteer kit :headbang: *Refer to link for feedback on the other suspension parts besides the Springs*: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85455

SPECIFICALLY THE SPRINGS:
Only having put 250 miles since the complete suspension overhaul I gotta say I am soooooo happy with the stance, ride quality as well as the roll control, a true win/win. The nose dive is the biggest thing you notice over everything else. I brake a good half second or two later just because I know that the nose will be so expertly controlled (I guess I'm gonna need new brake pads more regularly:headbonk:).

In the turns, the springs (with pro actions and sways) have been remarkable, with a more controlled weight transfer that is another great improvement over the floaty/wobbly way the car would transfer before. I have had no noise from the springs thanks to the rubber covering Steeda provided (I've heard people complain of noisy progressive springs).

The ride height is amazing with my 275x35x20 setup, really fills in the wheel well perfectly. I never thought I would be a fan of rake, but the 1.1" front and 1" rear drops gives it such a more menacing look with the slightest rake. (pictures of rake looked weird to me, so glad to see it in person) Only downside is that now I gotta remove my MMD mud flaps due to the ride height in the front, they scrape on everything :frusty:

When you cruise on the highway it feels smoother than the non-pp gt springs yet in the turns they tighten smoothly and effectively. I find these springs to be a much better choice than what Ford thought would be a good "GT" spring setup :crazy: The stock car should have come with progressive springs like these!

Thank you to JC, and Harry at Steeda for helping me understand my needs and suggesting the best course of action to meet those needs in my purchase. Would recommend highly these springs (as well as the other mods I got) to other mustang owners who are looking for a Top Tier GT setup.
We look forward to you becoming an ambassador for the brand :cheers: - we'll pass along the kudos to Harry & JC!

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Progressive Springs Tech Info

Progressive rate springs, as the name suggests, have a constantly increasing spring rate throughout their range of deflection. This means that the distance between coils progressively increases from one end to the other, allowing for more weight variability. Progressive Springs optimize the center of gravity and suspension geometry creating a huge improvement in handling with a noticeable reduction in nosedive, launch squat, and body roll, while still maintaining an outstanding ride quality for daily driving. It may help to think of them as "load-compensating," in that the more weight you add to the vehicle (passengers, cargo, etc) the springs will progressively compress less so that they don't end up fully compressed. Generally speaking, these are the best of both worlds, providing an exceptional improvement in handling and assistance in roll-control, without compromising ride comfort. With these improvements over linear springs, it's understood why they cost more.

8210group.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
2018 sporting the Progressives - courtesy of 92 Coupter

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Great Sebring Photo

Steeda Progressive Springs double duty Street and Track!
Yellow-Car-3qrtr-Sunset-8.jpg

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
That color is growing on me.
That color was all over me like a bad virus when I first saw it. I never thought about trading in a car over a color until now.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Progressive Springs double duty Street and Track!
attachment.jpg

Steeda Progressive spring info

Front curb rate 190 lbs/in max rate 225 lbs/in under compression.

Steeda Tech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Do you have the same info for the rears?
Steeda Progressive spring info

Rear curb rate 720 lbs/in max rate 820 lbs/in under compression.

Steeda Tech

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@Steeda Tech thanks for the info, how much compression before the higher # is reached ?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I have them too. I thought a PP w/these springs might be too harsh a ride. Not at all. The car rides great.
IMG_1464.jpg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have them too. I thought a PP w/these springs might be too harsh a ride. Not at all. The car rides great.
That's about 200 lb/in at the wheel, which isn't harsh at all. Something like 1.5 Hz in terms of ride frequency, could be a few hundredths lower up front and a few higher out back.

That's softer than my S197 with aftermarket handling springs, actually, and even that car rides pretty decently if the shocks & struts aren't cranked up too far.

There isn't a huge amount of progression from 'curb' to firm, which I suspect is a good thing.

Norm

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@Steeda Tech thanks for the info, how much compression before the higher # is reached ?
Just under .250

Thanks,

Steeda Tech
Sponsored