Sponsored

Steeda Progressive Spring review

Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
My steeda progressive stance! Love it! 19x9.5" wheels with 285/40 rear and 275/40 front.
Sweeet... Have you scrubbed any since being lowered?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Sweeet... Have you scrubbed any since being lowered?
I have been lowered on my Steeda progressives for 3+ months now. Done some very, very spirited driving (Tale of the Dragon) and back roads and have the same size wheels running the stock GTPP tires and have zero rubbing at all. This is pushing the front of the car deep into turns, too.

Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
My local dealers are wanting $600 for installation & alignment...

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue w/Performance Pkg
Quick question for those of you with springs. Did you install just the springs or did you also replace shocks/struts and do other supporting mods?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Quick question for those of you with springs. Did you install just the springs or did you also replace shocks/struts and do other supporting mods?
I also had the Sub frame bushing supports installed.

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just installed my Steeda progressive springs and IRS bushings in under 8 hours. I'm not a mechanic.
Watched the CJ Pony video and read on this forum to use a small sledge hammer to get the spindle bolts out. Got the 2lbs hammer from Harbor Freight, for $7.
All went together well and used some muscles I hadn't used for a while.
I have to tell you the ride is spectacular! :thumbsup:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I just installed my Steeda progressive springs and IRS bushings in under 8 hours. I'm not a mechanic.
Watched the CJ Pony video and read on this forum to use a small sledge hammer to get the spindle bolts out. Got the 2lbs hammer from Harbor Freight, for $7.
:cheers::thumbsup:

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Now that's what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the new stance and improved handling! :thumbsup:

Reactions: ob1

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
That is good to hear, as I am about to take delivery of my 15 non PP GT. Was wondering how the springs worked on non-pp shocks/struts. This is my daily driver.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
That is good to hear, as I am about to take delivery of my 15 non PP GT. Was wondering how the springs worked on non-pp shocks/struts. This is my daily driver.
Since our drop isn't as aggressive as some of the others, the non-pp shocks/struts should be just fine for a daily, although we are developing Steeda shocks/struts as we speak :)

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
Hey Guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie on the suspension side of things. My Steeda progressives arrived today. My question is... will I need any other equipment to accompany the springs. For example camber plates. Or should I be good with just the springs.

FYI... I also have Eibach 25mm spacers on the way. Excited for the more aggressive look!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hey Guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie on the suspension side of things. My Steeda progressives arrived today. My question is... will I need any other equipment to accompany the springs. For example camber plates. Or should I be good with just the springs.

FYI... I also have Eibach 25mm spacers on the way. Excited for the more aggressive look!
Hey bud, congrats on the springs. You can install those as-is with no other accompanying mods and you'll be good to go! We are finalizing our caster camber plates, though! Just make sure you align the car post-install of the springs :)

OP
OP

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Hey bud, congrats on the springs. You can install those as-is with no other accompanying mods and you'll be good to go! We are finalizing our caster camber plates, though! Just make sure you align the car post-install of the springs :)
I would also recommend that you look at any other mods for the car that may require an alignment and do them all at once. It will save you a chunk of change..

Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
I would also recommend that you look at any other mods for the car that may require an alignment and do them all at once. It will save you a chunk of change..
This is so true. I just installed Steeda Progressive Springs, pics coming, and now I want to add the Camber kit.... In which, I would have only added about 5 additional minutes if I realized it.. Now it will be rewind time...
Sponsored