Sponsored

UK ONLY VOTES PLEASE: What colour did you choose?

UK ONLY. What colour have you chosen for your Mustang? :)

• Total voters
OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Who have you got looking after your order? I have Nick looking after mine and he has been very good so far.
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Andy is looking after mine.We haven't had much communication but to be fair he has contacted me when he needed to.Last time was probably a month ago regarding build date.Along with you I guess we will be the first out of there in our stangs!

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Cheers for the info on the orders at your place mate. Nice colour selection right there. Weird I honestly thought CO would not be this popular lol
I think the pricing has probably helped with the CO popularity; made it more of an option in people's mind to see it as a 'standard' colour.

It all seems a little random when you look at international differences; e.g. Ruby Red is a premium colour in the states, standard metallic over here in Blighty.

If only there was a UK dealer where we could see them all side-by-side!

OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Andy is looking after mine.We haven't had much communication but to be fair he has contacted me when he needed to.Last time was probably a month ago regarding build date.Along with you I guess we will be the first out of there in our stangs!
Have you got an ETA of 24th October as well? Would be cool to be both picking up our cars on the same date and get some pics, black next to the orange would look cool :cheers:

I think the pricing has probably helped with the CO popularity; made it more of an option in people's mind to see it as a 'standard' colour.

It all seems a little random when you look at international differences; e.g. Ruby Red is a premium colour in the states, standard metallic over here in Blighty.

If only there was a UK dealer where we could see them all side-by-side!
True about the Orange being popular because it is a standard colour, for me it was the only colour I wanted so even if it wasn't a standard colour I still would have paid to have it :)

Maybe they have done some research and found different colours to be popular so they can then get a premium back from selling that colour.

That would be cool to see all colours next to each other in real life and not just pictures

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes got the same dates,it will probably get delayed but I keep checking Etis and my details are there but build date has to be confirmed as at the moment it's just a number.
My choice of colours were Guard, magnetic, and Black.Really couldn't make my mind up but in the end I went for Black.From what I have seen I really like it with the black wheels.

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I went with 5.0 V8 in Race Red, it was the best colour imho and it was also free :)

OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I wasn't given the choice on black roof and the stripes etc. think my order was locked down when ford announced the MY2016 extras but luckily I didn't want those extras anyway.

So the race red and magnetic are tied for 1st place with black very close 2nd followed by CO, OW and DIB close behind in joint 3rd place.

Hopefully a few more UK ONLY orders add to the list as 35 is still very low!!

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Just finishing a holiday in Florida been here for just over 3 weeks and seen plenty of Mustangs - mainly verts. Been from Orlando to Key west and back via Fort Lauderdale and as you would expect in the sun the bright colours have been most popular - just on rough count over here it looks like TY is most popular followed by Race Red then White, CO, I got and Black. Only seen around 3 DIBs and magnetic, 1 ruby and no guard! Coup or vert! in UK weather the darker colours will no doubt be more popular but I can tell you the TY and CO look great in the flesh. But more than that the Pony just knocks the socks off the camaro in looks (and I was driving a Bumblebee for the last 10 days as some old dear from Texas snagged the last Mustang - raging!!) - hire companies say they can't get enough as everyone wants one! I suppose it keeps me fresh for my DIB EB in Oct/Nov :-)

matt020876

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt (Surprise)
Vehicle(s)
Carless till she arrived
:eek: That would be me then!

As I told a salesman when I went to see the one at Guildford; I couldn't care less if this was called the Ford Probe MK2, I still would've bought one! :D The fact it's actually an American and, arguably, a global icon, is just a nice little bonus AFAIC.

This car wasn't on my radar until about 2 or 3 days before I paid my deposit at the end of January, hell, I wasn't looking for ANY car, certainly not a ÂŁ35K toy, it's just that this ticks so many boxes for me: it's a Ford; it's RWD; it's a V8 (something I've always wanted but until now, as a Ford fanboi, the only V8 I would've considered was a TVR as RHD is a must, but I just don't have the brand loyalty for them); it looks amazing, it's only ÂŁ35K for all of the above!

arrrr no don't mention the pr..... it brings back horrendous ownership memories from the 90's

Sponsored

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Originally ordered TY but changed to RR after seeing them all in the flesh.
Is that RR for Ruby Red or Race Red...?

Only one I've seen in the flesh is TY and that's what I've ordered as it was utterly beautiful. Just upgraded to Custom Pack on the Ecoboost - controversial as I like the yellow-black contrast, but I've seen some vids with the Custom Pack wheels and they are lovely.

Worst case, I'll get them sprayed gloss black and then I'll have the GT wheels!

Ozcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is that RR for Ruby Red or Race Red...?

Only one I've seen in the flesh is TY and that's what I've ordered as it was utterly beautiful. Just upgraded to Custom Pack on the Ecoboost - controversial as I like the yellow-black contrast, but I've seen some vids with the Custom Pack wheels and they are lovely.

Worst case, I'll get them sprayed gloss black and then I'll have the GT wheels!
Ruby Red with black stripes & black wheels.

crostonian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
BMW 520d M Sport, Alfa 75 TS LE, Alfa GTV V6 24V
I've just ordered a 5.0 GT Coupe Manual today at Evans Halshaw Preston, I've gone for the Bullitt look so chosen Guard and have opted for the Saddle Leather. I nearly went for DIB but I have a thing for tan/natural leather so that dictated my choice to some extent.

PS Just noticed there's 3 Alfa owners on this page, coincidence or not?!
Sponsored