Sponsored

UK ONLY VOTES PLEASE: What colour did you choose?

UK ONLY. What colour have you chosen for your Mustang? :)

• Total voters

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
^^ that picture and all of them are the problem Kristian :cool:

I think OW is out for me, until someone posts a pic of that colour :lol:
Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Yea me! With the enthusiasm displayed by the small group of people here I would have expected at least a couple of hundred people to have the same levels of excitement butt that's clearly not the case!

In my mind the first 1200 would be die hard Mustang fans...why else would you order a car you havent driven? because you have always wanted one!

Maybe a lot of people don't see it as the cool American icon that the small group of us do & they are ordering a "good value European sports coupe made by Ford". After all Fords always represent more value for money IMO, mix that with the stunning looks & you have a winner - whether you are in to Mustang's or not. Well played Ford I think.
According to one dealer I spoke to, he said the majority of thier orders were 'speculators' (hoping to sell the car on for a quick profit?). Seems a bit of a gamble to me, but I suppose we'll see. Also, not everyone is into on-line forums. This is the first one I've ever registered on.

I wouldn't have thought many would be ordering on the basis that its "good value European sports coupe made by Ford". Very few people want to spend 30K+ of their own money on a new Ford. Traditionally, the expensive models depreciate rapidly (unless its one of the niche models, e.g. RS). Makes them great value second hand though.

R13HYT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330d, Mountune Fiesta ST
Was only ever between TY and Guard for myself, as If having a mustang isn't different enough! ;)
After what felt like forever looking at so many photo's. It had to be guard, as it is one of they colours you love or hate! For me it definitely the first.

As for the black roof, I added this in but changed my mind again, as for ÂŁ500 you can have it wrapped black and have lots of change leftover!

Calv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 convertible, Competition Orange
I went for an orange convertible with ceramic leather and custom pack. I wanted to change to triple yellow but left it too late to change. Mine is due for build 25 August... I debated magnetic but most UK orders are magnetic or race red. Magnetic will be the most common... Everyone wants the Eleanor lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Always loved the American muscle since I can remember and the same goes for the colour orange lol. Seriously I have an OCD problem with the colour so when I heard about the mustang coming to the UK in RHD, I knew I really wanted it and then I saw the colour choice.....Orange it was and never thought of changing it to any other colour :)

If I had to to choose my top 3 colours for the Mustang they would be;

1) Competition Orange
2) DIB - Saw this in the flesh and it does look really nice
3) Ruby Red - The pics look really nice of this car.

Looking forward to seeing all the colours in the flesh and not long now.

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
I signed up to this forum just to get some representation for team TY!

Had a major debate between this and Guard (and CO at one point), even swapped the order to Guard and then back again.

It's a daily drive/commute car, and it's hardly the most 'professional' thing to turn up at work it, but I saw the yellow demo car and couldn't look back after that - it's a beautiful colour!

Edit - FYI the dealer who took my order said he's taken one black, one blue and two yellows (inc. mine).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I signed up to this forum just to get some representation for team TY!

Had a major debate between this and Guard (and CO at one point), even swapped the order to Guard and then back again.

It's a daily drive/commute car, and it's hardly the most 'professional' thing to turn up at work it, but I saw the yellow demo car and couldn't look back after that - it's a beautiful colour!

Edit - FYI the dealer who took my order said he's taken one black, one blue and two yellows (inc. mine).
Wey hey first TY on the list, so we do have 1 at least in the UK and possibly a 2nd going by what you said :thumbsup:

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ordered Competition Orange as it was the first colour my gut instinct told me to order. I like non-metallic colours and the orange is a good 'period' colour which goes back to the Mustangs roots. It's also a no cost option! You buy a mustang because it's different and if you have a quick scan of any car park you see black, white and (mostly) at least 50 shades of grey in-between. Although I don't like to draw attention to myself, I couldn't bring myself to choose a colour based on what was popular (or common).

Also went with the ceramic interior. I've never really liked black leather in a car, but the contrast (especially on the back seats) is nice. Just harder to keep clean!

I wish the'd have a done a tan leather for the ultimate period feel.

Calv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wey hey first TY on the list, so we do have 1 at least in the UK and possibly a 2nd going by what you said :thumbsup:
My dad has a yellow one on order and so does one of my customers.. I sell new fords. I don't work at ford store, I work at rates ford in greys, our mustangs are registered at a ford store. We have 11 orders so far...

2 yellow
2 ruby red
1 deep impact blue
3 race red
3 competiton Orange

So you will see two yellow ones local to you fella

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
My dad has a yellow one on order and so does one of my customers.. I sell new fords. I don't work at ford store, I work at rates ford in greys, our mustangs are registered at a ford store. We have 11 orders so far...

2 yellow
2 ruby red
1 deep impact blue
3 race red
3 competiton Orange

So you will see two yellow ones local to you fella
Cheers for the info on the orders at your place mate. Nice colour selection right there. Weird I honestly thought CO would not be this popular lol

Calv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you order yours? Essex auto group ?

OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

R13HYT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330d, Mountune Fiesta ST
If the 30 votes above is a snapshot of the 1200 I know my Guard will be pretty exclusive :p
I know my dealer has 22 orders , 3/4 of them are magnetic , with the rest a mix.
Sponsored