Sponsored

UK ONLY VOTES PLEASE: What colour did you choose?

UK ONLY. What colour have you chosen for your Mustang? :)

• Total voters

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
UK orders only please so we can get an idea of what we will be getting in the UK.

Interested to know what my fellow UK mustang owners to be have chosen their beast to be painted in :headbang:

Please only keep this to cars that have been ordered and not what you think you might order so that the numbers are real time :)
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Magnetic.... Oooooh yeah!

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
RR, although that Guard in some pics is pretty cool!

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OP
OP
Stark

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone else a bit bemused by the low numbers here?

I know not everyone is "into" cars, but since the UK has more than 1200 orders, I would've expected a few more.
A few more boys have yet to vote on here, that voted on the other one i.e. I know croyde for example has a CO on order. At least now we are getting some real numbers just for the UK.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Anyone else a bit bemused by the low numbers here?

I know not everyone is "into" cars, but since the UK has more than 1200 orders, I would've expected a few more.
Yea me! With the enthusiasm displayed by the small group of people here I would have expected at least a couple of hundred people to have the same levels of excitement butt that's clearly not the case!

In my mind the first 1200 would be die hard Mustang fans...why else would you order a car you havent driven? because you have always wanted one!

Maybe a lot of people don't see it as the cool American icon that the small group of us do & they are ordering a "good value European sports coupe made by Ford". After all Fords always represent more value for money IMO, mix that with the stunning looks & you have a winner - whether you are in to Mustang's or not. Well played Ford I think.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
In my mind the first 1200 would be die hard Mustang fans...why else would you order a car you havent driven? because you have always wanted one!

Maybe a lot of people don't see it as the cool American icon that the small group of us do & they are ordering a "good value European sports coupe made by Ford".
:eek: That would be me then!

As I told a salesman when I went to see the one at Guildford; I couldn't care less if this was called the Ford Probe MK2, I still would've bought one! :D The fact it's actually an American and, arguably, a global icon, is just a nice little bonus AFAIC.

This car wasn't on my radar until about 2 or 3 days before I paid my deposit at the end of January, hell, I wasn't looking for ANY car, certainly not a ÂŁ35K toy, it's just that this ticks so many boxes for me: it's a Ford; it's RWD; it's a V8 (something I've always wanted but until now, as a Ford fanboi, the only V8 I would've considered was a TVR as RHD is a must, but I just don't have the brand loyalty for them); it looks amazing, it's only ÂŁ35K for all of the above!

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Anyone care to share their reasoning for their colour choice, if you have one?

Personally, I was originally going for DIB, but that actually turned out to be a slightly different shade to what I was hoping for (Spirit Blue apparently, which, having seen it in the flesh I'm not sure would work on the Mustang. It's the very purpleish blue on the Fiesta ST), and then I remembered my liking for the Martini livery, and as I want this to look more race car than road car, white was the only option.

Right at the start I was seriously considering TY followed by CO, and by the looks of things I should've gone for TY if I wanted to retain some of that important exclusivity! ;)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Anyone care to share their reasoning for their colour choice, if you have one?
The choice of colour was a nightmare for me...before I knew I was actually getting a Mustang, it was always just a dream that I would one day have one - in red was the plan (probably a 1965 fastback).

But when this beast was announced, i was able to justify the purchase as my one & only car. My initial feeling was the Magnetic, it looks great in all the videos/photos online & importantly for me it's a subtle colour for a daily drive. For me the race red is probably the nicest but IMO its an occasional colour.

Was also close to changing to black (I have a black car at the moment & although a nightmare to clean, looks amazing when it all polished up!) but I kept with my original choice. Truth is, all colours look great & I would have been happy with black, magnetic, race red or even ruby red. But hey, with the great financing available, maybe I will upgrade to a race red V8 in a couple of years! Only 3/4 months to go :)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Having ordered a RR and being a not infrequent visitor on this site, it disturbs me that every picture posted of the S550, with the exception to Black, I look at and think, I'm gonna change my mind, I'll get an OW or a DIB.

I don't know if I've quite made up my mind, originally I was going to order DIB, but plumped for RR. I look constantly at similar colours on all types of cars, but I fear that until a colour is seen in the flesh, coupled together with the Mustang's body line, I won't be able to make a choice.

I've had 3 black sports cars, they are a lot of work to keep looking good, never buy a black car again, my heart goes out to those that have ordered one, you're in for a lot of work and will notice every swirl or paint chip. My current car which is Pearlescent White, really pings in any light and always looks clean, easiest car I've had that only requires a quick wash to look great (although I obviously do much more by the way of cleaning regime).

The Ford white doesn't inspire on any of their current UK models, too Polar, Mercedes or Nissans though, really stand out.

So I'm beginning to think I'm undecided and it'll be between three colours, RR, DIB or OW but only if that is a pearlescent finish. Driving me mental! :lol:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
...it disturbs me that every picture posted of the S550 I look at and think, I'm gonna change my mind...
I know that feeling! :eek:

As for Oxford White, that's the one they had/have at Guildford & it's most definitely not pearlescent or metallic in any way. Personally I love it as it's perfect for the look I want for my car, but if you're looking for something a little bit different, it's probably not the colour for you.

Back to square one for you then! :D

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I'm beginning to think I'm undecided and it'll be between three colours, RR, DIB or OW but only if that is a pearlescent finish. Driving me mental! :lol:
Stick with the RR if you want my advice, I think it will be one of the rarer colours...I almost changed to that at one point, this photo alone nearly did it for me!
Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 11.32.33.jpg
Sponsored