Can We Talk About the V6?

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
This is an interesting thread. I love the V-8 6spd 50th pkg that I bought. The engine trans combo and the feeling of driving the car thru the gears is really enjoyable. The problem is, it isn't really fitting in well with the family. My wife is scared to drive it and my son (unbelievably) doesn't care for the stick shift. I certainly cant let him take it to college. With the crap weather in the NE, the car sits in the garage covered. If I had to do it over again.... I'd probably go V-6 with auto trans and do some cosmetic mods. I've never been a spontaneous buyer and keep my cars at least 5 years, but I may have to bite the bullet on this one.
I'm sure the family will learn to love it, especially when the weather gets better! If for no other reason, because it makes dad happy!!
Sponsored

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I love my V6 auto, but I guess I could (out of the kindness of my heart) trade you straight up for your V8 manual...

:)
Boy that didn't take long !:D I'm going to try and slowly integrate the 6sp into the family routine..... worst case (and its not bad), I get to drive it all by myself !

OP
OP
Jamo

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
I forced my children to learn to drive on a stick shift before they got into the automatic. They learned. At first they still wanted to drive automatics. But after a while, they got into it. Joe now got hisse'f a five speed Fiesta.

No, you never know when an electromagnetic pulse might go off and disable all the automatic transmission cars and you have to get out of town.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I forced my children to learn to drive on a stick shift before they got into the automatic. They learned. At first they still wanted to drive automatics. But after a while, they got into it. Joe now got hisse'f a five speed Fiesta.

No, you never know when an electromagnetic pulse might go off and disable all the automatic transmission cars and you have to get out of town.

I've got bad news about EMP's and modern manual cars too....

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Boy that didn't take long !:D I'm going to try and slowly integrate the 6sp into the family routine..... worst case (and its not bad), I get to drive it all by myself !
We are here to help![emoji3]
Sponsored