OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Not planning to cancel my MY18 but to be sure I am going for an F test drive tomorrow

V6S RWD is fun, AWD is planted. Remember the V6S also have launch control, car in dynamic, foot on brake and gently rev to around 2000rpm and dynamic launch assist should engage, release brake around 2000rpm and floor it. Should be around 4.8s to 60

However I would highly recommend you drive an V8 R coupe AWD, they are simply mind blowing, but they are all 55k upwards so maybe stay well clear off if your not thinking of spending that much but they can hit 60 in around 3.5s and have no launch control as they launch from idle due to the torque from the blower.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Nice one Gibbo.. cracking car there mate. It must feel so "finished" and "refined" over the Mustang? Obviously there are owners on here who think the mustang is an all round better car, I would think it's a "different" car. Neither are common, neither are slow but one has better build quality.

I think you'll miss the Golf R mate, I know I'd miss my RS like hell if it had to go.

As for the GT3, you haven't missed much.. a friend of mine bought one recently, which made me very jealous as I had my order cancelled in 2014. I can tell you, as a fun road car it is not much fun at all. According to my friend, it tries to throw you off the road on anything but perfect tarmac. He now has a new TT RS and loves it.

Enjoy the Jag mate.. I'm sure you'll be back in a mustang soon?

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
He can always drive mine if he fancies a left arm work put cos its manual no pun intended

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Cant help but think Ford have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing of the my18,
lets face it you probably wouldn't have looked at the f-type had it not been for Ford.
Its out of my price range, reach for the sky man, I did and do.
See you around dude.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
You do have a thing about depreciation ehh? I think everyone has got the point now.
All that matters is if Gibbo is happy with his purchase and I am reckoning he is and its the depreciation that has made it affordable for him. Honestly? I wouldn't give two freaking hoots about depreciation!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
New car depreciation is not always true. Just look at Cayman GT4

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
New car depreciation is not always true. Just look at Cayman GT4
Great, if you can actually buy one at list in the first place..:)

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Great, if you can actually buy one at list in the first place..:)
This.

If I could rock up to Porsche and buy a brand new GT3 at the advertised price on their site, I'd go and buy one tomorrow, well maybe not now as I've just spent far too much money.

Porsche GT cars are very sensible buys, for those who can actually buy them, Porsche generally look after their long term customers with big fat wallets who have purchased several new porkies before from them.

I'd not have a chance unless I got extremely lucky at being allocated a car, GT3 no chance, GT4 maybe and as much as I love the GT4, and I mean I really love them, think they look better than the GT3's from some angles but a GT4 I would bore of for two reasons, well one would annoy me and the other bore me.

1. Manual only, I have had enough of fucking manuals, the GT4 manual is superb, but no more, not for me! So this would annoy me!
2. 385HP, yes in a GT4 it is rapid, talking around 9s to 100 so its hardly slow but I would always want more and when it comes to Porsche they are extremely un-modding friendly, you lose warranty and you de-value the car hugely. So I'd long for more power, though as a track car or from point A to B not much if anything will keep up with a GT4 as their lightweight and incredible handling can result in them holding onto stuff like 600HP GTR's on a track or road. But I love just squeezing the pedal in 3rd or 4th and it feels like hyperdrive, or even 2nd and having the wheels light up. The GT4 would not give that, hence I would crave more power.

So though it would be the smart thing to do, plenty of GT4 for sale between 75-85k which will still be valued at 70-90k no doubt in 3yr time, its not the car for me.

A GT3 would fill that void of power and though a GT4 sounds good, you cannot beat the sound of that new GT3 motor as the RPM climbs above 8000rpm, they are intoxicating, easily the best in car cabin noise I ever experienced, from the outside a Mustang sounds better, but from the inside a GT3 is just unreal and until you experience it do not judge.

But I cannot and am not willing to drop 125k on a GT3, the finance would be at my limits and I don't want to stretch myself.

Yes a Jaaaaaag might and will probably de-value but I want to buy the car I want to drive and having driven two SVR's its like a supercharged Mustang but without the things which annoyed me with a supercharge Mustang which is I get a good automatic and second I can put the power down, do not think AWD in the Jaaaag makes them boring, they are an 80 rear to 20 front split, but can be totally RWD or can move upto 50% front, so their balance is still very much RWD and on my wet test drive on roundabout exits the backend was out plenty, but it was easier to control due to AWD/Chassis. Remember I use my car as a daily so having good power I can deploy in all weather is important to me.

The depreciation is annoying, but I am not bothered, I want this car and as such I do not really care and if these SVR are no more next year as Jag's contract runs out with Ford and they abandon the V8 SC in favour of V8 TT or V6 TT then these rare SVR cars won't depreciate anywhere near too hard, but like I say I am buying it not as an investment but a car to enjoy that turns as many heads as a Mustang, is extremely rare sight on the road but like a Mustang has cheap running cost and good reliability. Just so you know the service is ÂŁ480 or you can drop ÂŁ995 to get three services included which is really not too bad.

One car might get me out of the SVR sooner than planned, GT500, the leaks and specification LOOK AMAZING, if that comes in RHD you can bet your bottom dollar I will want one. :)

But as others said, if the Mustang had being under 45k with the options I wanted, I may not have looked elsewhere, but at near 50k, I had a browse and some tasty metal was appearing, then a friend suggested a new thing to me, PCP at which point buying something at 80K was not a stretch, I can easily save the balloon amount to buy and keep the car at end of term and as such at 80k it was either AMG GT, Cayman GT4 or a Jag SVR and well the SVR is more me. The AMG is probably the best car, but to me it kind of looks boring, yes its beautiful but man they are all in dull as boring colours, no thanks.