Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Discussing supply of PS4+S with Alpha Tyres here in Stoke, I was told general availability is now to be late this month early 2018. This came from Michelin via Alpha Tyres.
Sponsored

Mustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (TY, UCL 87, appeared on Top Gear)
I have been looking at getting hold of some PS4S for my GT as the PZeros (rears 275s on stock wheels) are down to about 3mm and I'm not enjoying the lack of grip. Last winter on full tread was tolerable if at times 'ring twitching'; now I think they are a liability.

I've done about 6k on them. It had new tyres, discs, pads and service after Top Gear had the car the second time round; thanks Andy and all the team at Ford for the unique purchase experience. (If Top Gear want it back for a 2015/2018 comparison let me know!).

After finding no clear answers on various websites, including Michelin's, I contacted them and got the following reply;

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 at 09:30, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for contacting MICHELIN Customer Care.

I am happy to say that the MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 S EXTRA LOAD 275/40 ZR19 105(Y) Product Code: 946969 is available for order and if ordered by one of our dealers today will be delivered on the 27th of December. Also I would like to apologise for the issues you've had with our website. Our IT department has already been advised.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

MICHELIN Customer Care
Passenger Car & Light Truck Tyres
Tel: 0845 366 1590; 0845 366 1535
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact us: www.michelin.co.uk/contact
Web: www.michelin.co.uk

Today doing some ringing around, as even those owned by Michelin (ATS, Blackcircles) don't have the size listed on their websites, I got a verbal quote from ATS of £286.84 ea fitted. I'm in W. Sussex.

I'm going to leave it now until after Christmas to see if any deals emerge, however was told by someone that Michelin policy is not to do promotions over 18 rim size. If anyone knows of any good deals that would be great.

Hope Santa brings you all the Mustang goodies you have asked for. I'm keeping mine stock for now, although hearing Snorty's at Goodwood last Sunday might make me change my mind (I spoke to you when you were posing it for photos by the pavilion).

Mustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (TY, UCL 87, appeared on Top Gear)
Enoch,

Cheers for the info; that's a hell of a saving. Certainly shows the value of the forum. :cheers:

Now wondering if I should go to Cumbria to collect in person, to 'save' on delivery! Quite fancy a road trip over Christmas.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Worth trying to organise a group buy of some sort? I know that would be tricky for tires but more likely to get a deal that way i think...

I would be in for a set of rears if the price was good

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Enoch,

Cheers for the info; that's a hell of a saving. Certainly shows the value of the forum. :cheers:

Now wondering if I should go to Cumbria to collect in person, to 'save' on delivery! Quite fancy a road trip over Christmas.
I bought 4 Michelin pilot supersports recently, and the shipping was less than £14 quid for all 4:):thumbsup:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Don't see fronts or would have got some :)
Seems fronts are out of stock:).... personally it wouldn’t bother me mixing pilot supersports with the PS4’s:)

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I don't think I'd be happy with the unexpected understeer when the rears are telling you that you have traction :)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I'm going to leave it now until after Christmas to see if any deals emerge, however was told by someone that Michelin policy is not to do promotions over 18 rim size. If anyone knows of any good deals that would be great.

Hope Santa brings you all the Mustang goodies you have asked for. I'm keeping mine stock for now, although hearing Snorty's at Goodwood last Sunday might make me change my mind (I spoke to you when you were posing it for photos by the pavilion).
The Michelin fuel card promotion applied to 19’s a short while ago. I think it was £70 back on 4 tyres.

I have a MagnaFlow Street 3” cat back if you fancy a dabble; see the classifieds section. I’ll even deliver it to you ;)

Sponsored

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
I got my Nokian winter tyres from Camskill, £392.76 for four Nokian WR A3 - 255/40 R19 100V XL including delivery. :D
Do I understamd correctly that you want to install 255 at both front and rear?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do I understamd correctly that you want to install 255 at both front and rear?
what he's saying is, for the winter her's running 255 squar nokian winter tyres as opposed to running 255/275 (f/r) summer tyres.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the nokians square set-up fit on the standard GT wheels?
To be anal, it does depend on what size "square" you're going. 255 should be fine, rears may minorly stretch (Can't remember what size width the rear alloy is, if it's 10 or above it'll have a slight stretch if it's 9/9.5 it should be on the cusp). If it's 275+ square it'll fit fine.:lol:

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
Are you sure it will not cause any ABS issues?
It's 2.5% smaller diameter than 275.

The other problem that the car no longer can be road legal.
I wouldn't give insurance company any chance to invalidate my insurance.

"Fitting Suitable Tyres

It is a legal requirement that you fit your vehicle with tyres that are the correct size. If you have tyres that are the incorrect size for your vehicle then your tyres are illegal and you could face prosecution and a large fine.

To safeguard against this, you must always ensure that when you purchase new tyres they are the correct size for your vehicle and have a load index and speed rating which correlate to your vehicle. You can find this information in your vehicle handbook and on the*sidewall of your tyres."
Sponsored

Last edited: