Sponsored

S550 Issues

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Took my GT into Ford today to have the winter tyres fitted and for them to have a look at a rattle that had developed near the front drivers side wheel when going over uneven surfaces or imperfections in the road. Also noticed a bit of a 'clunk' when coming to a stand still in slow moving traffic or when releasing the brakes.

Turns out it's a failed ball joint on the control arm. Only done 18k miles, and no suspension mods.

Covered by warranty and should have the car back tomorrow.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Took my GT into Ford today to have the winter tyres fitted and for them to have a look at a rattle that had developed near the front drivers side wheel when going over uneven surfaces or imperfections in the road. Also noticed a bit of a 'clunk' when coming to a stand still in slow moving traffic or when releasing the brakes.

Turns out it's a failed ball joint on the control arm. Only done 18k miles, and no suspension mods.

Interesting... wonder if i've got a failed ball joint lol.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible

You have described perfectly a noise i had noticed recently, and mine has 17,000 miles on it now.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey guys...weird "issue" this morning...and I'm sure it's been covered before. So as the temp was a Mustang friendly 10 degrees, I opted for the stang over the Fiesta this morning. Parked up at the office around 8am, wondered off in to town for a coffee & returned to the car just before 9am. In that time, the windows got super steamed up! There are other car in the car park not showing this so it was immediately obvious.

Why is this? Is there a lot of heat coming from the engine bay in to the cabin? Anyone else have this? I couldn't figure it out :shrug: any wisdom greatly appreciated :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual

Thanks because I get a rattle occasionally from drivers side, does it sound like it's coming from the speaker?

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hey guys...weird "issue" this morning...and I'm sure it's been covered before. So as the temp was a Mustang friendly 10 degrees, I opted for the stang over the Fiesta this morning. Parked up at the office around 8am, wondered off in to town for a coffee & returned to the car just before 9am. In that time, the windows got super steamed up! There are other car in the car park not showing this so it was immediately obvious.

Why is this? Is there a lot of heat coming from the engine bay in to the cabin? Anyone else have this? I couldn't figure it out :shrug: any wisdom greatly appreciated :)
Check all your carpets for damp.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Check all your carpets for damp.
Will do, cheers. I had a feeling that it may have been to do with the snow - sat on my cars for days then melted, maybe some of it got in.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks because I get a rattle occasionally from drivers side, does it sound like it's coming from the speaker?
Was difficult to pinpoint at the time, but sounded like it was somewhere from the door side of the footwell to the centre console, but on the outside of the cabin. I thought maybe loose wheel arch liner or undertray at first.

Something else I noticed that disappeared when it was fixed was an occasional 'knock' from the front wheel area when reversing out of my drive (cold) and applying lock to the steering.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Just got a manual Ecoboost, seems to judder when setting off from a stand still unless I rev it quite high as if I’m a 70 year old manoeuvring a Honda Jazz in Asda car park. Only got 200 miles on the clock and have only ever driven the V8 a few times previously so not sure if this is a “feature” of a manual Ecoboost or an issue?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just got a manual Ecoboost, seems to judder when setting off from a stand still unless I rev it quite high as if I’m a 70 year old manoeuvring a Honda Jazz in Asda car park. Only got 200 miles on the clock and have only ever driven the V8 a few times previously so not sure if this is a “feature” of a manual Ecoboost or an issue?
Yes it's the clutch assist spring, change it for the Steeda one.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
A great video I wanted to provide by one of our partners:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]UnhbNu1Qne8[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just had my car back from Ford as the drivers side window was dropping ever so slightly and rattling along with digital dash resetting at random.
There is a TSB out for the tyre repair kit coming up but was also told that this includes the Digital dash resetting randomly to factory default. If anyone is having similar issues then get in touch with Ford and get the update installed.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Nasty burning smell in the cabin last night for a few minutes but seems ok today

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Best check that everything still works even though you dont use them. Even if all seems OK I'd be inclined to go to dealer for a check, something must have overheated.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
They won’t have a clue, I thought maybe it was the oil cooler issue or the battery wiring harness but the coolant bottle colour looks ok and I’ve not had a recall. Thought perhaps my dash cam hard wired or even my iPhone charger cable. If I get it again I’ll have to have a think about it
Sponsored