OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT

Either way.... your car brotha!!!!! If you like what you are doing, our opinions don't mean shit. :cheers:[/quote]

Actually, other's opinions do matter. If what I came up with had a general consensus that it was bad, or sucked, I would need to reconsider my plan. If the majority comment that they like it, then I know I'm going in the right direction and not creating something that will get bashed by people everywhere I go.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Actually, other's opinions do matter. If what I came up with had a general consensus that it was bad, or sucked, I would need to reconsider my plan. If the majority comment that they like it, then I know I'm going in the right direction and not creating something that will get bashed by people everywhere I go.
Totally agree, DM me if you're interested in professional design services. :thumbsup:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree, DM me if you're interested in professional design services. :thumbsup:
To skip the step of the PM, I'll post it here: CARBON FIBER!! I kid I kid, I'm just waiting for the point where all your panels have been replaced with carbon fiber versions :D

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you actually think Ford was going to custom paint your vehicle? You would have gotten a panel buff or panel re-spray at best.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Did you actually think Ford was going to custom paint your vehicle? You would have gotten a panel buff or panel re-spray at best.
You need to read all his posts, he did not think that

Sponsored

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
You need to read all his posts, he did not think that
...stand corrected. Only needed to re-read the 1st post. all is well in La La Land again.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I like it! But do your own thing. If you don't do it I just may 'steal' the look if I get an 18. The 50th LE stays 'plain' stock so a unique driver that 'pops' would be nice - the red body line with the hash marks really add to the look. Also a nice tie-in to the red stitching in the interior.

The look as been done before but with black over silver--really liking the black over magnetic. Google 2003 Roush Boyd Coddington Roadsters.

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Steal the look all you want. It's up for grabs.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I spoke with a local dealership that has a body shop and I was impressed with what they said would be done for a complete repaint. One dealer told me they would just tape off the windows, and window moldings, scuff and repaint. Another dealership said that they will remove the windshield, rear window, 1/4 windows, door windows and moldings, remove the hood and trunk, both bumpers, mirrors, spoiler, etc. Now that sounds lie doing a paint job correctly. If I can't get a custom paint at my own shop, can you guess which dealership body shop I'll use?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
To skip the step of the PM, I'll post it here: CARBON FIBER!! I kid I kid, I'm just waiting for the point where all your panels have been replaced with carbon fiber versions :D
"Hello Speedkore, I'm interested in your full car conversion..."

Sponsored
OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Update! The car will be going in on Monday the 27th. Ford authorized a full repaint, costing around $7500, and refused the buyback option. They also said that I had to use a dealership body shop. My local dealership doesn't have a body shop, so it needs to be outsourced. Ford is requiring that the outsource location still be at a dealership. So, the shop that's repainting the car said they are looking forward to custom painting it. They have no problem doing the above paint scheme! YAY.

I'll post pics as I can.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds great, hopefully it doesn't take too long and comes out just like you planned!

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Ok, in preparation of getting the car painted, I decided to tape off my design to get measurements for the body shop. Unfortunately, the curvature of the rear 1/4 panel doesn't like my design. It looked great from the door handle forward, but...

Back to the drawing board! If anybody has any suggestions, the body shop said they are willing to do what I want, instead of a factory repaint. I do like the simplicity of the Hurst design.

2017-hurst-kenne-bell-r-code-mustang.jpg

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I just got home from a Chevy car show and saw a two tone Chevy SSR truck. The lower body was painted dark grey and the top was silver separated by a red stripe. It looked really good. Maybe I should do the above paint job with the gold being replaced by silver, Hmmm. Time to photoshop!
Sponsored