Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

jimmypop13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 HHR SS
I'm concerned over this little spoiler they seem to be adding to the gt. I just don't think it flows well with the car. I just hope they either design a better looking one or at least give us the option to delete it when ordering a gt, with or without the performance package

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm concerned over this little spoiler they seem to be adding to the gt. I just don't think it flows well with the car. I just hope they either design a better looking one or at least give us the option to delete it when ordering a gt, with or without the performance package

Most of the revealed cars had no rear spoiler.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
More than likely there will be a spoiler delete option. It was mentioned in one of the Ford videos that the spoiler was created to assist aerodynamically with airflow management over the rear decklid and tail.

However, like you, I prefer the clean look!

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
well, i wish Ford would disclose the numbers (aerodynamics)
may i remind the Readers of this Forum of the importance of Spoilers on some cars...
do you remember the first Audi tt cars. they did not have a rear Spoiler and together with the shape of the car (like the wings of an Aeroplane) there was so much UPforce at the rearaxle, that These car became terribly unstable at Speeds above 120mph (resulting in some fatal crashes)
consequently the cars became equipped with rearspoilers as Standard...

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Quick shot of DIB recently spotted.

Thanks to Brian Williams for the photo.

11.jpg
Bjv7TfWCAAAsUjp.jpg

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick shot of DIB recently spotted.

Thanks to Brian Williams for the photo.

11.jpg
thx for this wonderful pic

dib Looks gr8!

once again this pic makes me wonder, if the rear facia between and around the taillights would look better in brushed aluminum (as it is covered with White plastic)

maybe CHRIS VR 6 could photoshop a brushed aluminum Panel in there

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
once again this pic makes me wonder, if the rear facia between and around the taillights would look better in brushed aluminum (as it is covered with White plastic)

Good Lord, no! :thumbdown:

But each to their own, eh? :thumbsup:

Sponsored

chrisvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thx for this wonderful pic

dib Looks gr8!

need to wait on better rear pics ;)

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
well, i wish Ford would disclose the numbers (aerodynamics)
may i remind the Readers of this Forum of the importance of Spoilers on some cars...
do you remember the first Audi tt cars. they did not have a rear Spoiler and together with the shape of the car (like the wings of an Aeroplane) there was so much UPforce at the rearaxle, that These car became terribly unstable at Speeds above 120mph (resulting in some fatal crashes)
consequently the cars became equipped with rearspoilers as Standard...
Considering Every Single 2015 Mustang that Ford has sent to Shows have Not had an Added Rear Spoiler I Hope Ford decides to do away with the Added Spoiler or makes it a Dealer Installed Option because this car Does Not Need it from the Looks Department. The Integrated Duck Tail Spoiler Looks Fantastic and is Functional as described in the Aerodynamics Video. I do wish manufacturers would tout their Aerodynamic Numbers again like they did in the 80's I loved the race to see who could design a car with the Lowest C/D (Coefficient of Drag) Ford started that war with the 83 Thunderbird. I'd love to see them do it again with the Mustang.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Considering Every Single 2015 Mustang that Ford has sent to Shows have Not had an Added Rear Spoiler I Hope Ford decides to do away with the Added Spoiler or makes it a Dealer Installed Option because this car Does Not Need it from the Looks Department. The Integrated Duck Tail Spoiler Looks Fantastic and is Functional as described in the Aerodynamics Video. I do wish manufacturers would tout their Aerodynamic Numbers again like they did in the 80's I loved the race to see who could design a car with the Lowest C/D (Coefficient of Drag) Ford started that war with the 83 Thunderbird. I'd love to see them do it again with the Mustang.
well: cd is the one Thing.
what is of high importance at high Speeds is up or down force (front axle / rear axle)
if we had the numbers ( with and without that Spoiler), we could tell, if the duck tail Spoiler is for Show only or really functional

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase