Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
American Muscle added a video on it. Your M6G site name was mentioned by Justin. As far as i can tell your guide was the only one posted & re posted with commentary.
Yeah, I thought that was a nice "hat tip" :)

[ame]

Pretty cool that the likes of AM, CJ PonyPart, Autoblog and Jalopnik get their update from M6G :thumbsup:
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Does anyone know if Ford will have a quality control team finally in place to check the assembly fit & finish once production starts on the 2018's??

There has been so much talk on here about poor fitment issues, rattles and the much talked about panel gaps etc. etc.

It will be nice if they will utilize a proactive QC team to check these issues. I mean the s550 has been out since 2015 so all those things should be worked out by now as Ford has had plenty of time to resolve these issues !!

:lol:

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Most of the QC issues are blown out of proportion imo, I've seen worse on BMWs. People are mostly being overly pedantic (especially about slight panel gaps), if you want Ferrari levels of QC go and buy one. I'd be more concerned about the look of the front of the '18, which is a cause for concern - even American Muscle agree!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Most of the QC issues are blown out of proportion imo, I've seen worse on BMWs. People are mostly being overly pedantic (especially about slight panel gaps), if you want Ferrari levels of QC go and buy one. I'd be more concerned about the look of the front of the '18, which is a cause for concern - even American Muscle agree!
I agree with this 100%

QC won't change the fact that the interior has a ton of plastic clipped on to another piece of plastic with some of the plastic sitting on the frame. Cars in this range and above will have rattles because they are going as cheap as possible in those places.

The panel gaps could be improved but it is not the major issue that is destroying cars and totaling them. One thing to keep in mind is that quite few people on here wouldn't even dare sit in a base S550 interior as it is not "comfortable" enough. A little gap????? NO WAY MY CAR IS CRAP!!!!!! If anything I would be more concerned with some of the actual issues that come up often on here though I wouldn't worry too much even then.

Many are missing the fact that this is a refresh and not a brand new car. The 18-19 car will share most of the same parts from the 15-17 cars. QC is not going to wave a magic wand to stop bad parts from making it into the car or adding foam into the dash.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
I agree with this 100%

QC won't change the fact that the interior has a ton of plastic clipped on to another piece of plastic with some of the plastic sitting on the frame. Cars in this range and above will have rattles because they are going as cheap as possible in those places.

The panel gaps could be improved but it is not the major issue that is destroying cars and totaling them. One thing to keep in mind is that quite few people on here wouldn't even dare sit in a base S550 interior as it is not "comfortable" enough. A little gap????? NO WAY MY CAR IS CRAP!!!!!! If anything I would be more concerned with some of the actual issues that come up often on here though I wouldn't worry too much even then.

Many are missing the fact that this is a refresh and not a brand new car. The 18-19 car will share most of the same parts from the 15-17 cars. QC is not going to wave a magic wand to stop bad parts from making it into the car or adding foam into the dash.
I'm sure the '20 will share the same as well since the Mustang won't be moving to the new platform until 2020 ('21 model year).

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I really love the current Mustang, but the QC is just bad. Here are just a few thing nearly all of the Mustangs I know have:
Corroding hood after a year, rear window is aligned bad (visible on 3rd brake light), leather seats getting wavy and cracked after a few thousand miles, trunk is damaging the bumper when closing because of bad alignment, rear bumper and fender next to the rearlight are not fitting, hood always sits bad (too low in the middle or not fitting the fenders at the headlights), chrome trims around windows are getting loose and let water in, etc.

It's ok if you don't care about alignment. But in no way you see so many qc problems on other modern cars. I've driven a lot of new Volkswagen models through leasing in the last 7 years and none of them had nearly so many issues. You don't even have to look to german cars, even the 6th Gen Camaro has great alignment / quality

At least Ford fixed the bad hood alignment of their first 2018 prototypes when you take a look on the latest Pictures. But the rear window and trunk still sits pretty bad
qcissues.JPG

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I really love the current Mustang, but the QC is just bad. Here are just a few thing nearly all of the Mustangs I know have:
Corroding hood after a year, rear window is aligned bad (visible on 3rd brake light), leather seats getting wavy and cracked after a few thousand miles, trunk is damaging the bumper when closing because of bad alignment, rear bumper and fender next to the rearlight are not fitting, hood always sits bad (too low in the middle or not fitting the fenders at the headlights), chrome trims around windows are getting loose and let water in, etc.

It's ok if you don't care about alignment. But in no way you see so many qc problems on other modern cars. I've driven a lot of new Volkswagen models through leasing in the last 7 years and none of them had nearly so many issues. You don't even have to look to german cars, even the 6th Gen Camaro has great alignment / quality

At least Ford fixed the bad hood alignment of their first 2018 prototypes when you take a look on the latest Pictures. But the rear window and trunk still sits pretty bad
I hear ya. My '15 had several issues. I think my trunk alignment might have been a tad off but I didn't even care about that, there was worse stuff. My '17 Hyundai is made in Korea and the delivery quality was spot on - and this is not a high price point vehicle (although its probably a high profit vehicle to them, as they sell 80,000 of them a year and they're built in a factory with several other models).

The fact that my hood began to corrode in two years and would need to be painted with this being an ongoing issue ever since the S197 models made me mad. You can't tell me that Ford cannot figure out how to properly finish an aluminum hood panel seam in the factory.

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
This is definitely one of the best facelift shots :headbang:

If I buy one I think I will go with the following style :D
These are great pics and really show that the 2018 can look pretty good.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Holy crap I can't believe the way your seat looks. The alignment stuff I can see and although my 2 Mustangs haven't been nearly that bad it doesn't surprise me. But your seat should be the same as everyone else's. I put 28k miles on my EcoBoost and the seats still looked pristine. My GT looks great after 12k too. Do you rub them a lot getting in and out? That's the first time I've seen an S550 seat that looks like it's 10 years old.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I'm lucky these aren't my seats, but they are from someone in the german forum. And we have multiple reports with cracked seats. The car in the picture has just 8.000 miles on it, don't know how he actually get's in and out of the car... But I saw enough Mustang with small cracks and thick waves in the leather seats at low milage (especially the european premium seats seems to have this problem) :frusty:

Don't get me wrong, my car was pretty fine and I had no problem with the few gaps not fitting. But when ordering the car (in europe it's common to order a brand new car at a dealer and not picking new cars from a dealers lot) it felt like you have to pray that everything is fine when picking it up. Otherwise it can be a pain in the a** to get the dealer to actually fix the Problems. And I've seen Mustangs where I definitely wouldn't accept the car like that from the dealer :ninja:

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Here is a little teaser on what I am working on. Hopefully I can release an early version by end of the week
Dude.. you are making this harder on me. ;) I thought I wanted black, but I am feeling the siren song of the red with blackout which will increase my chances of hearing the siren song of the police. :D

Nice job. Will you be blacking out the badging with the red one and black roof or creating a version with blackouts?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Dude.. you are making this harder on me. ;) I thought I wanted black, but I am feeling the siren song of the red with blackout which will increase my chances of hearing the siren song of the police. :D

Nice job. Will you be blacking out the badging with the red one and black roof or creating a version with blackouts?
Oh, I'm not working on just these images but a nice little tool for all of you. You can get your own hands on designing your 2018 soon ;)

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Wow!Those packages look great. Hard to resist, I would think. I'd be interested to hear what you decide...
I believe the package pricing will be very similar for the 2018 as well after speaking with their Roush guy. He did mention it taking awhile though for Roush to redesign their supercharger kits to work on the new engines.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Here is a little teaser on what I am working on. Hopefully I can release an early version by end of the week
In my opinion that is the worst view of the '18 that there is (angle of the shot), it looks "Derpy". There are some angles where it looks great, but that is not one of them.
Sponsored