Sponsored

2015 Mustang s550 FULL PROTOTYPE Spy Pics [6/10/13]

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
is it just me or do I spot 2013-14 gt500 brakes all around?!? also, the side skirts look like they could be carbon fiber, who knows. but if you look closely at the drivers side door you can see through the camo and it seems to be an s197 door, is it a real s550 or is it just ford messing with us?
Sponsored

KZStang

is it just me or do I spot 2013-14 gt500 brakes all around?!? also, the side skirts look like they could be carbon fiber, who knows. but if you look closely at the drivers side door you can see through the camo and it seems to be an s197 door, is it a real s550 or is it just ford messing with us?
There is no way this is a s197, based on many things. I'm not sure what you are seeing, but I can't see a s197 door there. There's too much camo and cladding.

To me, the overall car looks a little less bulky, especially the front overhang which seems to have been taken in a touch. Same may be said of the rear overhang. Not much to discern otherwise. The staggered looking (and larger) tires are certainly interesting, and look nice overall. While the body panels do at least seem to be more shapely, it really is difficult to tell what is cladding and what is the real body.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
It amazes me that people are saying the styling is/isn't indicative of the Evos when the thing is COVERED BY PADDING AND FABRIC. Honestly, you can't tell much of anything from this, other than the basic shape.

StangFX

It amazes me that people are saying the styling is/isn't indicative of the Evos when the thing is COVERED BY PADDING AND FABRIC. Honestly, you can't tell much of anything from this, other than the basic shape.
If that comment was directed towards me, I WAS talking only about basic shape. I said evos "clone" which regardless of the padding and camo could've have given the evos this shape. The rear end alone (or lack thereof on the Evos) could not be the one we see here. Not to mention the wheelbase and basic dimensions etc. And yes, some actually did think the next stang would basically be an Evos clone.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
If that comment was directed towards me, I WAS talking only about basic shape. I said evos "clone" which regardless of the padding and camo could've have given the evos this shape. The rear end alone (or lack thereof on the Evos) could not be the one we see here. Not to mention the wheelbase and basic dimensions etc. And yes, some actually did think the next stang would basically be an Evos clone.
It wasn't. I've seen countless people do it across the web since the pics came out. You only see what Ford wants you to see with the camo like this.

Sponsored

stangray11

If you are referring to a long nose and short deck then yes. Otherwise the shape is totally obscured and it can still borrow heavily from the Evos styling. The only really obvious thing is the wheels and different exhaust positioning once again.

Kingranch

Flat 'blade' type sideskirts are interesting.

Reminds me of what some enthusiasts do to their cars in the aftermarket.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I like it, gives the sideskirts a different and sportier look.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Can't see too much but seems like the air intake is a decent size... expected it to be smaller and the grille bigger. More squinty headlights as expected.....

Staggered wheels?
The slimmer headlights and larger grill have been confirmed for a few months now. There was a leaked picture of the front end being tested, I have just been waiting to see the cabin and rear. Which these pictures clearly show.

It kind of has a mustang II vibe to it IMO.

They even have the door handles covered, so that tells me that they have something pretty neat hidden under there. If I was the photographer, I would have ran up and grabbed some quick shots of the interior through the window lol.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Quick, someone with photoshop skills create a transparent overlay of the current car over this one. Use the wheels to calibrate the size.

Sponsored

BoostedSVT

The slimmer headlights and larger grill have been confirmed for a few months now. There was a leaked picture of the front end being tested, I have just been waiting to see the cabin and rear. Which these pictures clearly show.

It kind of has a mustang II vibe to it IMO.

They even have the door handles covered, so that tells me that they have something pretty neat hidden under there. If I was the photographer, I would have ran up and grabbed some quick shots of the interior through the window lol.
Honestly you really can't tell. These are the first full body pics so I'm not surprised but they covered it up to shit. You can't tell this from a Mustang II, Fox, Evos, or a Camaro really. And the door handles mean nothing. They aren't gonna leave off camo just because they did or didn't change something, that would be too obvious.

Also I'm not sure what pics you're talking about that "confirmed" the bigger grille and slimmer headlights? Yea it's been speculated like hell but nothing has confirmed it. And definitely not these pics.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Have a few more pics coming... with a few better closeups.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Honestly you really can't tell. These are the first full body pics so I'm not surprised but they covered it up to shit. You can't tell this from a Mustang II, Fox, Evos, or a Camaro really. And the door handles mean nothing. They aren't gonna leave off camo just because they did or didn't change something, that would be too obvious.

Also I'm not sure what pics you're talking about that "confirmed" the bigger grille and slimmer headlights? Yea it's been speculated like hell but nothing has confirmed it. And definitely not these pics.

I'm referring to this pic.
Also, the new pic clearly does show slanted headlights. If you notice, I added IMO to the end of the Mustang II comment....

BoostedSVT

I'm referring to this pic.
Also, the new pic clearly does show slanted headlights. If you notice, I added IMO to the end of the Mustang II comment....
Do you see headlights on there that I don't? It's just cut outs in the cover. Like was said above, Ford only lets you see what they want you to see. It could be done just to throw everyone off. Sure, it looks like slimmer headlights to me too, but there's all kinds of things they can do to make it look that way - like a simple tape job.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Do you see headlights on there that I don't? It's just cut outs in the cover. Like was said above, Ford only lets you see what they want you to see. It could be done just to throw everyone off. Sure, it looks like slimmer headlights to me too, but there's all kinds of things they can do to make it look that way - like a simple tape job.
Are you talking about the older pic that I just posted or the new one?
Also, on the new pic, I just noticed this, but does it look like they have some type of thick pad underneath the camo, on the roof. It kind of looks like the roof doesn't line up with the windshield, and the roof looks uneven.
Sponsored