Sponsored

2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Those saying Bullitt is 'just an appearance package' couldn't be more wrong. These cars and the Mach 1 before are beauties of amortizing cost through mass production, CAI/procal performance tunes, special gauges (OEM of course) and tokico adjustable shocks out of the box ... only in a mass produced Ford special edition..

2008/2009 Bullitt was different, it became the basis of the 2010 Mustang GT, when Ford started pushing 'turning' in addition to going fast a straight line.
Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
'19 Mach 1 5.2 CPC...?
If it weren't for the MY '18 facelift, I would be all over any newly released Mach 1.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Does Ford ever listen to the majority of Mustang owners because if they did they would know only a few care about the Bullitt while thousands and thousands would and prefer a Mach 1 over a Bullitt. Ford is afraid a new Mach 1 would out sell not only the GT but the GT350 or GT500
Of course it would outsell the GT350/500. Because Ford refuses to make enough of them.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Those saying Bullitt is 'just an appearance package' couldn't be more wrong. These cars and the Mach 1 before are beauties of amortizing cost through mass production, CAI/procal performance tunes, special gauges (OEM of course) and tokico adjustable shocks out of the box ... only in a mass produced Ford special edition..

2008/2009 Bullitt was different, it became the basis of the 2010 Mustang GT, when Ford started pushing 'turning' in addition to going fast a straight line.

Which Bullitt had adjustable Tokicos? I know the S197 Boss did, but not the Bullitt.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs

Both the SN95 and the S197 platforms at the time had plenty of room for mechanical and engine performance improvement, which was tapped with the Bullitt editions.

The S550 GT facelift however is so much more advanced than those cars ever were that it makes a lot less sense to invest heavily in further marginal enhancements. So in my opinion a appearance package will do. Perhaps the only thing that would be a useful addition is a well chosen spring redesign with a 2 cm drop in the front and a 1 cm drop in the rear, so it looks and drives more balanced than a standard GT. A Bullitt LE is the kind of car that you'd want to keep bone stock to preserve its value.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Tomorrow is the 49th anniversary of the movie release date. Just saying.
Keeping my fingers crossed for an official teaser ahead of the LA auto show.:love:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I was secretly still hoping :(

[MENTION=6651]Bullitt[/MENTION] .......it's all your fault :rant:

:p
Haha I'm going into hiding until this freaking car is finally revealed. :headbonk::ninja:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Oh well. Same time next year? :kickrock:
It's gotta be sooner than that. If they started teasing this car back in February and are gonna make us wait almost 2 years for a reveal, that's sadistic if you ask me lol.
Sponsored