2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If someone is going to claim the window sticker is genuine but then Ford directly says it isn't then the only real evidence is what Ford actually says. Not trying to take anything away from the rest of the discussion, just what the person I quoted said. The car very well could be real, but that window sticker isn't.
You missed the whole point of my post though. Even with something that is undeniable, like the pictures, Ford will still deny it. If something leaks, it's the PR person's job to deny the truth and put the fire out until it lines up with their marketing angle and schedule. Bullitt is literally spelled out on the back of the car and they're still denying it. Clearly they're not going to admit anything, regardless of whether it's true or not.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I think it's funny/weird and a little sad that anyone would be angry or disappointed that a new Bullitt Mustang would be available with an automatic transmission. Those of us that were around back when the movie came out (I was only 6) are starting to have issues with knees and things, that for me, and many others makes a manual transmission a no-go.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think it's funny/weird and a little sad that anyone would be angry or disappointed that a new Bullitt Mustang would be available with an automatic transmission. Those of us that were around back when the movie came out (I was only 6) are starting to have issues with knees and things, that for me, and many others makes a manual transmission a no-go.
This ^^

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
You missed the whole point of my post though. Even with something that is undeniable, like the pictures, Ford will still deny it. If something leaks, it's the PR person's job to deny the truth and put the fire out until it lines up with their marketing angle and schedule. Bullitt is literally spelled out on the back of the car and they're still denying it. Clearly they're not going to admit anything, regardless of whether it's true or not.
I don't agree with your point. I care only about direct evidence.

div2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i
To me it's really just a matter of personal preference; my 2er DD has the ZF 8HP automatic and I couldn't be more pleased with it- it averages @26 mpg and is faster around most any road curse or drag strip than its manual equivalent. I'm confident that the 10 speed will be equally good.
I'm nearly 61 and I'm pretty sure that whatever I get next will have three pedals, but I certainly don't look down on those who choose an automatic...

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm just going to sit here quietly until we get more evidence of well... anything.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

I think Ford has done a great job of offering exciting models for those who prefer an automatic transmission. In my opinion if Ford is going to offer a special edition, one that has been a manual transmission only in the past, I think they should continue doing it like that. That isn't to say they shouldn't ever offer a special model with an auto, something like a Mach 1 would fit that perfectly.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I think it's funny/weird and a little sad that anyone would be angry or disappointed that a new Bullitt Mustang would be available with an automatic transmission.
Unless I missed a post (or 3) I do not think anyone has said that - hopefully your just talking about the concept of those who may voice an objection in the future. Everything I have seen on this thread is supportive of the 10 sp being used.

Now the concept of the Bullitt (as a made up movie car tie in) calls for a stick (yeah like we are all gonna drive around San Francisco double clutching and jumping hills) but I personally believe Ford will step away from that position with the new 10 speed. If die hards push the point the obvious answer is the paddle shifters- you can still 'change gears'.

The only issue in debate is that the auto availability has been "proven" by the 'MSRP sheet" and it hasn't. That is not a anti-auto remark but a comment/belief that the MSRP sheet ain't all it s claimed to be (just because the car is real doesn't mean that sheet is). And yes once the car is finalized and in the system if an auto were not available the system would block you out from trying to order one but this early on where they are building (playing with) MSRP sheets such blocks are not in the system thus anything can show up on a draft sheet that may (or may not) have been produced months ahead of release; thus auto being listed on the sheet may be true but then maybe not (yeah- seats wrong, Miko seat description from CA Special, exhaust - not the unique blackout version, Price, etc are all wrong and to be ignored but oh the auto part is absolutely correct--yeah, no -- but again that is just my opinion and not worth a damn thing).

Last edited:

Sardeanie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
I agree, and as a bonus it's the quickest option regardless of shifting skill. I'd buy one!

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Here is one for you to contemplate and drool over.

How about a Bullitt edition Charger?

How neat that would be!!!

On this side of the street sitting in the Ford showroom, a 2018 Bullitt Edition Mustang.
Across the street at the Dodge dealership could be a 2018 Bullitt Edition Charger.

Gotta wonder what Dodge might do to make the Bullitt Edition Charger special and different.
Definitely black and a hemi.
Other than that, who knows.

A person with a fat bank account could own one of each.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Here is one for you to contemplate and drool over.

How about a Bullitt edition Charger?

How neat that would be!!!

On this side of the street sitting in the Ford showroom, a 2018 Bullitt Edition Mustang.
Across the street at the Dodge dealership could be a 2018 Bullitt Edition Charger.

Gotta wonder what Dodge might do to make the Bullitt Edition Charger special and different.
Definitely black and a hemi.
Other than that, who knows.

A person with a fat bank account could own one of each.
We already had this conversation.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I just want a Freaking DARK GREEN 2018 Mustang GT-PP1 with Automatic. That is all...and Ford probably won't build it for me.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0