CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Earlier this year FCA announced that the new gen of Wranglers will consist of a pickup variant, but last week the first spy shots emerged. I don't know about you guys but I'm super stoked. 4 Doors, Front/Rear Diff Lockers, Front Electric Swaybar Disconnect, Removable doors and top, what's not too love?

"Details on the next-gen Wrangler are fairly slim thus far, though we have a pretty good idea of what to expect. It'll retain its body-on-frame construction, but like the Ford F-150, it should see an increased use of aluminum to help reduce weight and boost fuel economy. Also in a nod to economy, it's been suggested that the Wrangler will get a new 300-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Diesel and hybrid versions are also rumored, but yet to be confirmed."

Source: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a30034/jeep-wrangler-pickup-spy-shot/
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm a huge Wrangler fan, have owned four and currently DD one, but I'll say this about the new upcoming Wrangler truck: major fail if you can't get it in a 2-door.

OP
OP
CompO5.sl0w

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I'm a huge Wrangler fan, have owned four and currently DD one, but I'll say this about the new upcoming Wrangler truck: major fail if you can't get it in a 2-door.
Same here, love it as a DD. Would be a nice option for a 2 Door w/Bed but beggars can't be choosers lol! I'm just glad it'll finally be an option. I'm sure they will probably roll out the 4 Door w/ Bed first then roll out the 2 Door Bed option a few MY's down. Keeps interest up, and with the wrangler they have to make everything count since they usually keep each gen for 10 years or more.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I hope they make both, but I have no need or desire for a 4-door....