Sponsored

2015 Mustang Euro/German official price & packaging list!

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Question will be what the insurance companies in Europe are going to do. I can imagine that there is some lobby stuff going on in Germany because the price here is extremely cheap (no gas guzzler tax, no extra environment tax or what not)! It´s almost as fast as an M3/M4 that costs twice as much!

But if insurances rank it like an M3/M4 you´re talking about 5000 € a year (while a Porsche Cayman S costs about 1000 €/year) and that would mean sudden death.

well
the insurance market in Germany is very competitive. most car insurance companies are operating just at the break even Point or even below.
so the premiums will be only as high as absolutely neccessary...
there are 2 main factors:
a) how expensive is it to repair the crashed Mustangs
b) how expensive will be the damages caused by the Mustangs

a) we are looking at the average hours to repair certain damages and how expensive are the parts for These repairs. the right tailligt for an euro-spec camaro is said to be around 2000 euros! so: if Ford is asking idiotic Prices for certain parts, this will cause higher repair-costs and this will cause higher premiums... same about the time, that is needed, to do it: usually car companies work together with insurance companies to develope cars which are easy to repair to save OUR Money...

b) this is our responsibility: if no one of us in Germany will cause any damage, it will be much cheaper to insure a Mustang than a Ford Fiesta...

one last Thing: Ford Germany has their own car insurance Company. they should be able to offer reasonable premiums
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
And don't forget in Germany they replace Not repair (will 9 times out of 10)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Are the mounting holes for the rear logo's the same for all badges meaning the faux gas cap on the EURO EB can easily be swapped by a lonely pony ?
I hope so..!
This is really a nonsense difference.

MotownMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Trabant
Important factor in all EU & UK pricing for cars (and pretty much everything else)...

Part of the list price includes enormous levels of built-in sales tax, VAT as it is called. Depending on your EU-EEC home, your sticker price will include anywhere from 17-25%. In Germany it is currently 19%. Let me break it down in a more understandable way for all my petrol heads in USA.

I will use the base 2.3L EcoBoost Fastback (manual) as the example. That €34,000 "sticker price" includes €6460 in VAT, so the MSRP dealer charge is just €27,540. If you live and drive in Germany, you pay that price plus the 19% VAT (Reminder what the Ford price list stated, "Alle angegebenen Preise sind unverbindliche Preisempfehlungen ab Werk in Euro inkl. 19 %") You can also buy that car in Germany and drive it to your own EU-EEC country which may charge you a far lower VAT. So at today's current euro-dollar exchange rate, the out-the-door price with taxes in Germany amounts to $41,385 at today's forex rate of 1.2175 (not including the same sort of annual registration fees that americans also pay for their vehicles each year).

The equivalent price of a comparably equipped US Eco-boost coupe is $29,170. Add the sales tax of, let's say, California (7.25%) and the total price is $31,285.

It can, sometimes, be a bit less expensive to buy a new or used car and import them into an EU country. So let's say we bring that same exact Mustang coupe over. It would have to be fully paid off before it leaves the USA and gets on a boat that will cost about $1800 plus sea insurance. Once in Germany it will first cost a 10% duty fee, then the 19% VAT (used cars have slightly lower tax rates, but import duty is the same). $29,170=€23,959 on the forex rate, but Germany and all other EU-EEC countries have their own taxation guide book on imported goods. So, since that same Mustang model has a legal sales price in Germany, stated by Ford, the authorities will likely use the higher rate (€34,000) as the formula base. So it would be €34,000+€3400 import duty+€1478 for shipping+cost of obtaining a "TüV certificate" which you must have to register any foreign car in Germany. It means you have to prove it meets all safety/emission/etc specs for EU and German roads. Cost of that process can be a bit steep, let's estimate a low end cost of only €2000. So far our total cost of bringing a new Mustang over to Germany is €30,837. So there would be a savings of approximately €3163 by importing, assuming the TüV certification is not more costly.

Or wait until the end of the model year and get one from dealer stock for 10-12% off the MSRP which would make it even less costly to buy in Germany, without all the import headaches.

Class dismissed....

Last edited:

Mustang GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Fastback
At least gas prices are down due to the oil price crash...

Only 5 €/gallon (6.1 $/gallon) :headbang:
That is absolutely insane. Gas has dropped to $2.75 per gallon where I live and in some states down south it's under $2. I thought New York was expensive with all our taxes! Compared to Europe though... :faint:

Sponsored

MotownMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Trabant
Filled up yesterday at my discount Berlin Shell for €1,369 per liter, which is just $6.33 a US gallon. Really not bad by EU standards. Petrol prices will only decline so far in Europe and the UK as there is a high built in level of taxation that almost never goes lower. If I see €1 a liter petrol ($4.63 a gallon) I'll be quite happy. Public transportation systems across the EU, especially here in Germany, are cheap and highly efficient. So no need to use my car everyday, which is why it lasts so long here.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Here in central Italy now diesel is € 1,359 and gas € 1,469, the lowest price since years. But I do remember prices as high as € 1,700 for diesel, not long ago. IIRC about 70% of the price is taxes.

Perhaps we in Italy have the dumbest tax at all: the "Superbollo", a sort of luxury tax, rated not on value of the car, but on its power. It's € 20 per EVERY kW exceeding 185 kW (250 Hp), EVERY YEAR.

So, if you have a €100,000 Audi Q7 with 243 Hp you haven't this tax, but with a €34,000 EcoBoost Mustang you will have to pay about €900,00 every year. Not forgetting the standard "Bollo", the annual circulation fee..
After the introduction of Superbollo in 2011, sales of power cars has dropped down to zero. Car associations estimates an income of €0 from this tax, against a loss of about €500 MILLION in missed income from sales VAT, gas taxes, annual circulation fees, and so on.

This is how smart our rulers are.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
The prices are better than I expect, I wish to see the same prices for Spain.

Doesn't compare with USA: the taxes, duty, transport...

About the equipment, the base 34000 and 39000 euros are like the premium USA versions? but don't include the Performance package?

Ford said the PP were standard in Europe, they could have rectified for a better base price.

And why the GT makes 418hp? :shrug: (Ecoboost 314hp)

jc182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw golf gt
The prices are better than I expect, I wish to see the same prices for Spain.

Doesn't compare with USA: the taxes, duty, transport...

About the equipment, the base 34000 and 39000 euros are like the premium USA versions? but don't include the Performance package?

Ford said the PP were standard in Europe, they could have rectified for a better base price.

And why the GT makes 418hp? :shrug: (Ecoboost 314hp)
Dont think we will get same prices in Spain since the new Focus ST is 33k€. Because of this the Mustang Ecoboost may cost over 40k.
I heard somewhere the prices will be released in mid January

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
If prices were too high, we could always buy from Germany :)
But first make this come to Europe!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
418 PS because of Euro6 exhaust gas norm. The imported ones only have Euro5.
But that´s not really a problem. There are Mustang tuners in Europe. One is just 50 km away from my home and he developes his own tunes on his dyno. Don´t use US tunes if you go flat out for longer times. I know of two people from a German forum that killed their Stangs flat out on the autobahn with an US tune. Those tunes are not full throttle save (some 1/4 mile runs yes, no problem, but not 250 km/h or faster if you remove the Vmax limiter all the time)

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
As I understand it the lower power rating is not linked to emissions but only to the way HP is measured outside of the USA. In other words the actual power will be the same. See this link for more info:

http://***************.com/106/australian-2015-ford-mustang-gt-packs-same-power-us-models
Cannot get link to work but it's on Torque News. The text is as follows:

Although reports earlier this week suggested that Australian buyers of the 2015 Ford Mustang GT would enjoy less power than American buyers, but it has been confirmed that the 5.0L V8 Down Under will have the same output – it is just stated differently for the Australian market.
After a recent Ford of Australia presentation, it was announced that the 2015 Ford Mustang GT coming to the Aussie market would pack the same 5.0L V8 as the pony cars in America, but the Australian model “only” produces 303kW and 525Nm with kW and Nm being the Aussie measurements for what Americans call horsepower and torque. The problem is that those numbers are lower than the official power ratings of the 2015 Mustang GT in the USA, which caused many people around the world to question why the Australian Mustang was less powerful. This also led me to wonder if the less powerful Mustang GT was an Australian matter or if this lower power would include all right hand drive 2015 Mustangs.
Fortunately, it is all just a misunderstanding caused by the difference in how power levels are stated in the US and Australia.
2015 Ford Mustang GT Power Levels
The 2015 Ford Mustang GT in Australia packs 303kW and 525Nm of torque while the 2015 Ford Mustang GT in the USA delivers 435 horsepower and 400lb-ft of torque, with the two markets very clearly stating their power numbers in different formats of measurement. However, when you convert the American Mustang numbers to Australian power measures, you get figures of 324kW and 542Nm. If you convert the official Australian power numbers to figures that Americans can understand, the Mustang GT offers 406 horsepower and 387lb-ft of torque.
- See more at: http://***************.com/106/aust...ks-same-power-us-models#sthash.if7fCm7o.dpuf:

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it does NOT matter AT ALL
418 vs 435
wtf?
there are numerous Posts in this Forum concerning 0 - 60 mph times
members of this Forum do not get the Ford-claimed 4.4 -4.6 secs...
they just get 5.3 to 5.5 secs
another post was about a test in an US-car-mag:
they were not able to get those 4.4 or something and found the reason: the all season tires
to cut a Long Story short:
it does not matter if you get 418 oder 435 hp
0-60mph or 0-100km/h is not influenced by the difference in horsepower as much as it is by tire-grip, the ability of the Driver to operate his cas perfectly (MT: shift fast enough, apply the right amount of throttle and adequate Operation of the clutch; AT: optimal torque-braking, right amount of throttle if traction control is switched of) etc.
top Speed is electronically limited, so there is no difference for those, who do not modify their car for warranty reasons...
for those who are gonna modify their cars and give it a tune, it does not matter at all.

the only place where the numbers matter is at the bar Counter, talking to other guys who present their numbers of the M3s, M4s, Camaros or Vettes...

Well: i don't drink and drive (visit bars), so i could not care less

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
418 PS because of Euro6 exhaust gas norm. The imported ones only have Euro5.
But that´s not really a problem. There are Mustang tuners in Europe. One is just 50 km away from my home and he developes his own tunes on his dyno. Don´t use US tunes if you go flat out for longer times. I know of two people from a German forum that killed their Stangs flat out on the autobahn with an US tune. Those tunes are not full throttle save (some 1/4 mile runs yes, no problem, but not 250 km/h or faster if you remove the Vmax limiter all the time)
yes.
you won't believe what happens in your drivetrain if you go 120 to 150 mph for a dozen or more miles. there is a dramatic increase of the temperatures of the lubricants (this is why those gauges in the euro-camaro v8 (similar to the camaro 2ss in the states) (engine oil temp and press as well as trans oil temp) really make sense...
and These numbers are just indicators of the Temperatur Peaks of certain components (Pistons, cylinderheads, bearings etc.)
so:
:ford: , please give us those extra gauges (engine oil temp and press and trans oil temp ) in the dash board instead of those 2 (of which one (vacuum gauge) is pretty useless)
:gossip: Mustang fans: do not believe in cheap tunes: might be too expensive if you really use all that additional power
Sponsored