Sponsored

Crazy Shipping Costs to Canada

yiweno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Hey guys. So I wanted to buy some stuff from American Muscle, but when I put my postal code into the shipping cost estimator, it gave me a crazy high number. I wanted to buy rear louvers (https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-rear-window-louver-1516.html) and they want $260 for shipping on a $400 item. I live near Vancouver BC.

Is this just how high shipping cost are? Where do you guys buy your parts to avoid such insane shipping costs? Thanks!
Sponsored

curtsmith17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That shipping cost includes duty, brokerage fee's ect.... that price will be to your door with no extra fee's. Welcome to ridiculous shipping fee's North of the boarder.

I try and source stuff from Canada, but, sometimes it's still cheaper after exchange/shipping to get it in 'merica.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Try ordering suspension, exhaust or something large it's crazy. Yet compare prices to Canadian vendors and most US sites are cheaper.

FrancoP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2017 SRT Challenger
Use http://www.myshiphappens.com/ most US vendors have free shipping within the US. you live near van so go pick it up, and choose to claim it when you come back across the border or drive it across with the louvers installed

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
Hey guys. So I wanted to buy some stuff from American Muscle, but when I put my postal code into the shipping cost estimator, it gave me a crazy high number. I wanted to buy rear louvers (https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-rear-window-louver-1516.html) and they want $260 for shipping on a $400 item. I live near Vancouver BC.

Is this just how high shipping cost are? Where do you guys buy your parts to avoid such insane shipping costs? Thanks!

I'd find a buddy who lives just across the border...like Bellingham or at least someone who has a po box at point Roberts or something. Go there..pick it up...stay for the day...install them...drive back...

Sponsored

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
Dont ever ship to Canada its a waste of money. Try out blaine enterprises they are located 5 mins from the pacific highway border crossing. You dont need an account with them, simply ship your shit there and then when you go to pick up your package you show them your tracking and they charge like $5-$15 per package depending on size and weight. Ive gotten all my shit shipped there... intake manifold, wheels, clutch,etc. havent had any issues hope this helps you out buddy! Their website is http://www.blaineenterprises.com/

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I've been kind of thankful as it's slightly curbed my spending......

I feel your pain though. Dead pedal shipping means I'll have to either wait for a trip down there or bite the bullet and pay for shipping (Vancouver Mustang too).

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Driving across the border to pick stuff up is fine for those who live near the border, but for the rest of us it's just not doable. And you can hunt for days to try and find stuff from Canadian dealers/websites without success but you can find the same thing in the US at a dozen sites in 10 minutes.

I bought wheels from LMR and with shipping, duty, taxes and exchange factored in I paid $125 more than I would have if I bought them in Canada. That IF is very big, because while two places listed the wheels I wanted, neither had stock and had no idea when they would have stock. They also knew diddly about fitment for the car whereas LMR knew exactly what I needed and guaranteed fitment. The minimal extra cost was well worth it for many reasons, certainly it would never had paid me to take a day to drive over the border and then go through the hassles involved getting them back over.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
parcel express, ship happens, 24/7. Those are the common places for shipping

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Love it when OP's location is...Canada...the world..US. Etc!! Where exactly are you located?? I am in Vancouver BC and live 15 min from the US border! I have a ship to address in Blain Wa.....I'm down ther, pick up parts and back in my garage in an hour! I have the Nexus pass for smooth sailing at the border! If you are in middle of a Province somewhere in Canada...lotsa luck with that.:cheers:

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Driving across the border to pick stuff up is fine for those who live near the border, but for the rest of us it's just not doable. And you can hunt for days to try and find stuff from Canadian dealers/websites without success but you can find the same thing in the US at a dozen sites in 10 minutes.

I bought wheels from LMR and with shipping, duty, taxes and exchange factored in I paid $125 more than I would have if I bought them in Canada. That IF is very big, because while two places listed the wheels I wanted, neither had stock and had no idea when they would have stock. They also knew diddly about fitment for the car whereas LMR knew exactly what I needed and guaranteed fitment. The minimal extra cost was well worth it for many reasons, certainly it would never had paid me to take a day to drive over the border and then go through the hassles involved getting them back over.
I see you live in the Pail!! Spend your money or make the drive! Been doing it for absolute years with zero issues....if you know what you are doing...there is zero hassle at the border! :cheers:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I've been kind of thankful as it's slightly curbed my spending......

I feel your pain though. Dead pedal shipping means I'll have to either wait for a trip down there or bite the bullet and pay for shipping (Vancouver Mustang too).
Ok...Burnaby!! PM me and I will give you the ship to address I use! Get your Nexus pass...you do know if you go down in just one day...you could bring back up to $400 duty free!!! That's more than worth it if you "must have" those parts! It's a snap!! I live in Surrey.:cheers:

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...Burnaby!! PM me and I will give you the ship to address I use! Get your Nexus pass...you do know if you go down in just one day...you could bring back up to $400 duty free!!! That's more than worth it if you "must have" those parts! It's a snap!! I live in Surrey.:cheers:
Oh man, so much for curbing that spending LOL. I'll have to take you up on that offer one of these days and get you dinner! :cheers:

Nice ride BTW!

I did get a great Black Friday deal on an AWE Axle Back, shipped to In/Out Parcel. I did get dinged for duty tho cuz over $400...... worth it LOL

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Our sinking dollar isn’t helping us either.:doh::tsk::rant:
Sponsored