07gtcs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It appears everybody has forgotten the thousands of 4 cylinder fox body car that were sold
Sponsored

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Nope, but what's your point? I don't think many people are complaining about a turbocharged 300hp 4 cylinder option. A naturally aspirated <200hp 4 cylinder option would be pretty lame though.

OP
OP

07gtcs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
We don't have to become so defensive, I love any mustang no matter . I just noticed most press seem make statements like this was the first time a 4cyl was offered in the mustang besides the svo.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
That's a pretty dumb statement for them to make since the Mustang II also had a 4 cylinder option.

Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
A naturally aspirated <200hp 4 cylinder option would be pretty lame though.
Not in my book. There have been 3 different 4-bangers in our family: two Mustang IIs & a 79. The cars weren't fast but each engine had a ton of miles with very few problems.

I still remember a time when Mustangs ALL didn't have to be fast. It seems that since the SN95 model, people have expected that all Mustangs need to be fast muscle cars or be ridiculed.

That's too bad. Especially since the Mustang debuted as a car for all; customizable with options to appeal to ANY taste.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Not in my book. There have been 3 different 4-bangers in our family: two Mustang IIs & a 79. The cars weren't fast but each engine had a ton of miles with very few problems.

I still remember a time when Mustangs ALL didn't have to be fast. It seems that since the SN95 model, people have expected that all Mustangs need to be fast muscle cars or be ridiculed.

That's too bad. Especially since the Mustang debuted as a car for all; customizable with options to appeal to ANY taste.
I'm not talking about existing cars, though. I'm saying if Ford came out with a <200hp 4-cylinder Mustang today, it would be pretty lame and uninteresting to me. I have a inline-6 1965 with 120hp and I love the thing and think it's more fun to drive than my GT. But those kinds of numbers wouldn't have me dishing out dough for a new model car these days. New, low-horsepower cars are no where near as fun to drive as old, low-horsepower cars.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
You're definitely entitled to your opinion. Thousands of Civic Si & GTI drivers may disagree with you though.

Myxtro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Does it really matter which engine you have? You probably won't reach the max speed on the road anyway...

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Does it really matter which engine you have? You probably won't reach the max speed on the road anyway...
Yes, the engine type matters more than just the max speed it produces. You can still have plenty of fun (or not) w/o going the max speed.
Sponsored