Sponsored

Exhaust Options

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have a Lethal Performance resonator delete with bottleneck eliminator. I'm wanting a little more noise out of it, about the same increase in volume as the H-pipe gave it. Definitely don't want real loud, just another bump in volume.

Not interested in any drone that's annoying and deeper tone would be good. I was considering GT500 mufflers that I can custom fit because I have stainless mig and tig welding capability here in the garage, but I haven't looked into going that route.

I was thinking about the unbranded CJ Pony set up, but having an H-pipe it might be too loud and drone. Looking for suggestions or some videos of some of you guys with similar set up to what I want along with the H-pipe
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Personal favorite, but not for everyone:

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Roush is deep, but loud as balls. Pypes (who I'm not really a fan of) makes a catback that sounds suprisingly docile and deep.

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my built, blown '05 GT, I have longtubes, no cats and Corsa out back. I had to cut and weld in a pair of Vibrant resonators to tone that beast down. I notice Pypes systems have the bottle resonators too. I want to keep the '15 volume to a civil level

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
On my built, blown '05 GT, I have longtubes, no cats and Corsa out back. I had to cut and weld in a pair of Vibrant resonators to tone that beast down. I notice Pypes systems have the bottle resonators too. I want to keep the '15 volume to a civil level
If you are on stock headers the above isn't really that loud. Adding vibrant resonators to the same sounds like this:

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have had FRPP\ Borla sport(for sale) and now on AWE and have 2 friends with Corsa extremes. I personally like my AWE best, but maybe bias cuz its mine. its not as loud as the Corsa i think but i like the tone. i believe with the H pipe, resonators and muffler design it gives just the right amount of everything. Corsa Sounds good of course but has that different sound delivery

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I have an X-Pipe (instead of H) and went with Pypes Axle Backs while still considering what full system I might want. I will say it is louder than I expected, not as loud as an X / H with Roush or Corsa Extreme. No drone that I can detect at cruising speeds but if you jump on it, it roars pretty good..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFBvpqdPm0A_e5_w4olHvmA

A quick video after the install and some revs... As noted in a few other threads I'd recommend trying to find some people near to you (Cars N Coffee or such) and see if you can give them a listen. Videos don't really convey what it sounds like in person...

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses guys. Does anyone know the overall length of GT500 mufflers?
Sponsored