Sponsored

Lethals stock 18 GT 10 speed breaks a halfshaft

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
The actual differential itself is a pretty stout piece. I am not sure if the 2018 halfshafts are upgraded or not but there are plenty of aftermarket options to hold your choice of elevated power and abuse levels. They are pretty strait forward to sawp out.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Lund did 12.1 with a 6spd manual, after market DR's and e85 tune with a lower DA.

Steeda did 12.2 bone stock with the a10 automatic.

Lunds Auto went 12.0 bone stock. So you could "assume" the DA change was worth about .2, If you assume same weather, track prep, driver weight ect.
that sounds about right. My 07 GT in the summer months was a 13.5 car and when I took it to the track in early November I ran a few 13.30s.

Where did Steeda run their car? I hadn't seen anything about their stock run yet.

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Serious question. I'm coming from a Lightning so I new to the Mustang per se. I'm wondering is it a known problem (weak link) for the half shafts to break on IRS? I understand it maybe be a fluke or one off situation. Just curious if it's a problem like the 10 bolts being the weak link for the Chevy guys; it may hold for a long while but eventually it's going to give with the right tires of enough power. Or in the case of the Gen 2 Lightning everybody basically knew when you made 500 + horsepower your block was on borrowed time. I guess I'm really curious because I plan on adding some DR time my '18 arrives.
They make "stop the hop" kits that minimize deflection in the bushings. These go a long way toward increasing longevity, as it's the hopping motion when they break traction that does them in. A soft wall tire as opposed to a hard wall drag radial is also key.

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
that sounds about right. My 07 GT in the summer months was a 13.5 car and when I took it to the track in early November I ran a few 13.30s.

Where did Steeda run their car? I hadn't seen anything about their stock run yet.

:cheers:
Sponsored