Sponsored

My 15GT is ruined :( Go for a GT350 or boosted GT?

Next Project?

• Total voters

JeromeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Premium, Performance, Kona, A10
Its funny you ask about the other driver..... the accident was completely her fault. I had green the entire way, and it was in town, where the buildings are high and you cant see around the corner. as my nose of the stang reaches the intersection to cross, her Honda CRV is pops out right in front of me, no time to react, no brakes, my foot was on the throttle as I proceeded to T-bone her. Her car spun 180 degrees, and mine spin 90, airbags deployed, all she could do is throw her arms up in confusion and ball her eyes out. I really think she had no idea she blew the light. And obviously I got out extremely angry at this woman... and to see that we were banged up and the car was destroyed... it made matters worse. On top of that, it took her AN ENTIRE WEEK to turn in her insurance information... I was starting to think she didn't have any. and after receiving the police report they didnt even put her at fault! Officer said there was no proof of who had green, as there are no sensors on the traffic lights and no cameras, and no witnesses......So I have been going through this process since thanksgiving to try and get either my car fixed or a check for it... still without a car :headbonk:

Thanks for the write up on your opinions... I will be daily driving my next one and definitely interested in the manual. Just such a hard decision because both are great choices! :clap2:
It sucks what you are going through with the insurance companies and trying to get the liability proven out. After hearing the impact was on her driver's side and considering the damage to your car, I was curious what happened to her.

My hope is this gets sorted out in your favor so you can be back in a new Mustang of your choosing.

Jerome
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I voted GT350.

Love mine, but I do the occasional track day and drive on twisty roads for my commute. The GT350 is therefore perfectly suited to my needs.

I do notice the lack of low-end torque, and the various vibrations coming from the engine that in turn cause several interior rattles at specific RPMs.

Still, the car is pretty amazing and I think it will remain special for quite some time.

The boosted GT will be faster in a straight line though, and with the right mods should be similar around the corners as well.

Either way, you win!

-T

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
I hope there was a camera at the intersection or you had a dashcam. It would be a nightmare if the other driver spun it on you. Happened to me and I had no proof. Insurance ended up saying both are responsible for own damages and have to pay their deductibles since they couldn't prove either way.

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Of course it's the 350. It will always be at least what you bought it for. Probably more.

Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
wat?
How do you figure?
There are lots of ‘16 or ‘17 for sale used for much less than they paid for them?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Glad everyone’s Ok. However every time I see a passenger in a frontal impact they always hit the dash and cut their lip and all that. Every single time! Ford has to work on passenger safety a bit more. Go for the 350 - but - think seriously about where you and the girlfriend are headed, thinking about it for a while and buy whatever you want. You are sort of boxing in your choices with a thread like this. So far there has not been one accident thread (I was in) where the guy told us he got another Mustang. They just all went silent and disappeared. Just let us know what you decided to do no matter what. It’s your money and your life. Me, when I totalled my first 5.0 I found it the hardest thing to buy a Mustang again. I did buy a loaded 5.0 in the end as nothing had similar performance short of a Corvette. But to be honest the excitement was not there. I ended up owning that car for 18 years. But I am definitely in the minority here buying another Mustang. But again, just let us know what you settled on even if it is not what the fan boys want to hear. Your life and your money.

Last edited:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
13-14 gt500 would be my 50k car if i could afford one!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about your situation man. I picked a Boosted GT.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
For me, this question seems like a no-brainer.

There are plenty of low-mileage '16 and '17 GTs out there for really good prices now that the "improved" 2018's are arriving.

Buy a nice '16 or '17 GT Premium and throw the Steeda/BMR catalogue at it, ad the GT350 rotors/calipers, and bolt on a PDB from VMP or Roush and you'll have a wicked, wicked, wicked car for way less money than a NEW 2018 GT or a recently used GT350. Remember a new 2018 is still just an S550.

Again, this is a no-brainer.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
GT350+dashcam

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Honestly if you're looking for a track car, skip the gt350 and buy a Camaro 1LE and save 20k in the process. If just a street fun car, get a boosted GT. I'll sell you my 2,800 mile Whippled GT for under 50k...$49,999:D

Beautiful ride Jeff. Blue is just not my color. I absolutely loveeee the carbon work you did to your engine bay. considering doing the same thing with my new one!

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE... finally got confirmation that the vehicle is totaled. I am now in the process of finding out whether or not insurance will compensate me for my mods. I provided every single receipt for every purchase, so we will just have to wait and see.... :confused:

the pictures below speak for themselves. My bodyshop cleaned everything up and assessed the damage, as you can see here. It actually made me sick going back to look at it, knowing all the hardwork, money spent, and memories from this car. :brokenheart:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE #2

I have been searching non-stop for a new Stang since this whole situation began. Obviously this was not my plan to search for a new vehicle. I absolutely loved this thing, it was my baby, as I'm sure everyone here knows how that feels. But I knew the only thing that would make things right was to get into another one. And I didn't want to downgrade, I wanted the premium with all the bells and whistles my old one had. After reviewing my options as well as opinions from this thread, I know the general consensus was GT350, but I just could not justify the price tag knowing I could get more power with a blown GT. Especially with just purchasing my first home a couple weeks ago. It honestly was horrible timing to wreck my current one.

Therefore, as soon as I got the news about my Oxford White GT being totaled, I put a deposit down on a 2016 Race Red GT Premium! It is used with 11k miles, and I got an absolutely killer deal. It has a Borla S type exhaust, BMR IRS lockout kit, Carbon fiber driveshaft, and of course... the WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER! :headbang: It also has a $4,000 clear bra on the ENTIRE CAR! One thing I loved about this one in particular was it was completely stock visually, so i can tastefully mod it to my liking. Previous owner was a police officer and mechanical engineer, and babied the vehicle, but traded it into a dealer so I will be purchasing it straight through the dealer and loading it on a truck to ship from TX to PA. He is claiming its is putting down 680hp! I am beyond stoked about this new journey! Already planning on mods, come spring this thing will look as fast as it runs :first: Let me know what you guys think! :cheers:
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Congrats man! I know I said GT350, but that car is freakin' nice! Great find!!
Sponsored