Sponsored

Lake Wylie or Fort Mill??

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
What's up fellas and ladies! I just accepted a job offer in Charlotte, and will be looking to buy a home close to work, but in SC-no smog checks, presumably lower taxes, and slightly more affordable homes. Or... Do
I have it all wrong? Lol

I've only stayed a few days in Charlotte, and didn't really get a sense of what the city's like. I'm moving anyway hehe

Would you buy in Lake Wylie or Fort Mill. I'm married with no kids, if that's a concern.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

IkoIko420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamjdesign.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
What's up fellas and ladies! I just accepted a job offer in Charlotte, and will be looking to buy a home close to work, but in SC-no smog checks, presumably lower taxes, and slightly more affordable homes. Or... Do
I have it all wrong? Lol

I've only stayed a few days in Charlotte, and didn't really get a sense of what the city's like. I'm moving anyway hehe

Would you buy in Lake Wylie or Fort Mill. I'm married with no kids, if that's a concern.

Thanks!!
Hey now. I moved here, Concord/Charlotte 4 years ago. Love it down here. Originally from Indianapolis, IN. It depends on if you are looking for waterfront or not. Fort Mill is nice, right outside the "485 Loop". Traffic can be a pain, where as the lake is not as conjested as long as it is not the weekend and summers, lol. Really, it is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you need some good food suggestions, brewery's or fun things, give me a shout. Good luck on your new job!!

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Hey now. I moved here, Concord/Charlotte 4 years ago. Love it down here. Originally from Indianapolis, IN. It depends on if you are looking for waterfront or not. Fort Mill is nice, right outside the "485 Loop". Traffic can be a pain, where as the lake is not as conjested as long as it is not the weekend and summers, lol. Really, it is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you need some good food suggestions, brewery's or fun things, give me a shout. Good luck on your new job!!
Thank you brutha. Someone on City Data recommended buying in the Berwick or Dixie River area. They said you're paying for good schools in Fort Mill. I don't have chillen, so that means shit to me-I realize property values are affected by the quality of the surrounding school districts.

Yeah. I was born in Alabama and lived there 12 years, so I won't need to make much of an adjustment. My wife is a native Californian from SF, so she might be in for some culture shock lol

Thanks for the offer btw.

I like the idea of SC, because I don't wanna have to worry about smogging my car, but.....
Sponsored