RNDT38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '17 GT350 (H3851)
350R or 350--
Am I dreaming about finding such a vehicle in Texas at MSRP in Texas?

I would really like to obtain an R, but the best that I have found as far as pricing is concerned is $10,000 above MSRP.
I have found a 350 for +$4,000.

Inputs are more than welcomed!

Be safe.
Bob
Sponsored

OP
OP
RNDT38

RNDT38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the link.
Looks as if the dealers are talking to one another

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I would avoid McDavid at all costs. I tried to get a car from them just over a year ago and they were a joke. The manager made me write on paper that I was serious about buying that day and sign it. Had to do it 2 different times. They also low balled me on my trade.

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I would avoid McDavid at all costs. I tried to get a car from them just over a year ago and they were a joke. The manager made me write on paper that I was serious about buying that day and sign it. Had to do it 2 different times. They also low balled me on my trade.
Similar experience. They would not honor the trade-in quote as the quote given by their website for my '16 GT that only had 15k on it. They claimed that the site must've thought my car had more options, even though you enter your VIN and itemize each option you have. I mean they weren't even in the same ballpark with what they offered. They also kept leaving to "try to see what they could do" and stalled wasting my time hoping I would cave.
They usually have great prices but that whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
McDavid is a weird one. All their good deals are through the internet sales guys.

FlyinHawaiian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Ruby Red
I agree with all of what you guys are saying. Overall my experience was 50/50 right down the line; really not caving in the their BS is key; sales manager and one of the sales guys are really aggressive and come off as dicks (in particular a swole african american salesman gave me problems and attitude the 3 times i went in, sorry i never got his name). Some of the good guys are Jesse Duckworth and Jose (has a sleeve tattoo, smaller dude). I'd recommend those 2, particular Jose since he's really nice and won't pressure you at all. I came in ready with another trade in appraisal that i was happy with and told them to match it or kick rocks. They called me the next day after i bought the car and matched. Really gotta be prepared to go in there.

OP
OP
RNDT38

RNDT38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I found a 350 at MSRP.
Bought it.

Thank you for the assistance.

Bob

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
350 tech pack

I had a line on a tech pack, but it went to auction. I get a commission on helping this dealer.
tn_IMG_5154.jpg
Sponsored