Where are your next events?

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Would love to run Road Atlanta. Considering with Chin Thanksgiving weekend but it's a long drive from Dallas. Or maybe mvptracktime. Haven't seen them before.
I have run with both and while Chin puts on a well organized and safe event MVP does as well and does it at a much lower cost to the driver. MVP usually offers 2+ hours of track time per day. MVP has a more relaxed less structured format for new drivers, if you feel you want or need a more structured experience then Chin is likely more for you. MVP offers a safe and controlled progression from novice to intermediate to advanced but not nearly as structured as Chin.

Road Atlanta is one of the top tracks int he US, if you can do it you should. Turn 12 and the esses are EPIC, great elevation changes and fast. Atlanta in November is nearly sold out and the Advanced group is already sold out, if you want to run with MVP you should move fast as it will likely sell out in all groups within the next few days.

Also being from Texas you should really give MVP at COTA a try in Feb next time. COTA is an experience every track guy should have. I have run COTA 4 times now and it gets better every time. Love that place.

Dave
Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Saturday 10/15 Jax Solo Autocross,
Fernandina Beach Municipal Airport
Amelia Island, FL

Saturday 10/22 FAST Autocross School
Brooksville-Tampa Bay Regional Airport
Brooksville, FL

OP
OP

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Date(s): Saturday/Sunday November 12 and 13
Track: VIR Full
Club or Organization: SCMC/Track Club USA
Description: HPDE
Link:http://www.motorsportreg.com/events...al-raceway-track-club-usa-450585#.WAGFZegrLIU
Cost: 2 Day $550, $55 discount if signed up by mail post mark by 10/17

Run by Tony Sorrentino of the Shelby Cobra Mustang Club, this is a fun two day event at VIR, same group that puts together the SVT Superfest. Good group of guys in a relaxed atmosphere and plenty of track time.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
November 19th Roebling Road with Performance Driving Experience

December 9-11 Daytona, Hooked on Driving and Audi Club of Southern Ohio

Pretty stock Ruby Red GTPP.

Sponsored

robbins226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt PP
Music City Mustang Club Nashville SuperSpeedway Oct 22nd. Made some pretty big changes setup wise. So I'm pumped to try it out.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Dec 10, 11
Texas World Speedway (TWS)
The Drivers Edge

Just started driving on course again in Sept. I'm still learning what orgs run at the tracks here in Texas.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I have run with both and while Chin puts on a well organized and safe event MVP does as well and does it at a much lower cost to the driver. MVP usually offers 2+ hours of track time per day. MVP has a more relaxed less structured format for new drivers, if you feel you want or need a more structured experience then Chin is likely more for you. MVP offers a safe and controlled progression from novice to intermediate to advanced but not nearly as structured as Chin.

Road Atlanta is one of the top tracks int he US, if you can do it you should. Turn 12 and the esses are EPIC, great elevation changes and fast. Atlanta in November is nearly sold out and the Advanced group is already sold out, if you want to run with MVP you should move fast as it will likely sell out in all groups within the next few days.

Also being from Texas you should really give MVP at COTA a try in Feb next time. COTA is an experience every track guy should have. I have run COTA 4 times now and it gets better every time. Love that place.

Dave
You left off the blind apexes and that ATL is very unforgiving should you have an off. "The Concrete Canyon" has totaled more than a few race cars in its time. I speak from experience. ):

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You left off the blind apexes and that ATL is very unforgiving should you have an off. "The Concrete Canyon" has totaled more than a few race cars in its time. I speak from experience. ):
Agreed, but just because there is risk does not mean one should not do something. All of the great spectator tracks like Road America, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Watson's Glen, and many others have the potential to bite hard but you have to evaluate the risk and determine how much risk you are willing to take on and adjust your driving accordingly. You do not have to drive any track at 10/10ths to enjoy the experience. As you reduce your willingness to push to the limits you will reduce risk. I often hold back and drive to 80% of my ability in situations were I feel I have less than an ideal environment to push harder. My local track Gateway Motorsports is all concrete at every corner and as a result I adjust my driving to reduce the risk. I do the same thing when I am driving someone else car or when I have a passenger with me.

This hobby is full of risk, both to body, machine and monetary but so is life. I have no desire to die but am willing to accept the risk of driving my car on track for the rewards it offers. I have done all I can to minimize the risk to an acceptable level with the modifications I have made to my car, my training, and my personal safety devices. YMMV and it sounds like it may have in your case at Atlanta. I hope you and everyone has a safe and enjoyable track day every time you go out on track.

Dave

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
If risk stopped us from doing things eventually mankind would cease to exist. ;)

My point was there is little to no run off room at ATL due to the concrete walls being everywhere and up close. If you have an off at speeds the track allows, chances are you will total the car. Don't let it stop you from driving there, just understand there is a higher risk involved than at say CMP or Roebling.

Road Atlanta is my home track. It's less than an hour away and I raced SCCA there at least a couple of times a year for 6 years. I only did long weekends (practice Friday, race Saturday and Sunday). It's a high speed, world class, bucket list kind of track that I highly recommend everyone do.

The first time I track day my car it will be there without question.

Sponsored

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have more laps at Road Atlanta than anywhere else, except maybe VIR. Just don't lift :D

[ame]

On a serious note, it's a very unforgiving track and I agree with both of what you and Dave are saying. I'm hoping to make the MVP event in November, but we'll see.

My next event will be RPM in Iowa in a couple weeks. The track is putting it on as an end of year event. It is only $60.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Hooked On Driving is running there this weekend (actually Friday, I think) and still has places open...

<TED>

NWFreerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silver GT PP
I'm contemplating a road trip to Thunderhill for the November 18th HOD track day. Track season in the northwest is over and they say weather is great down there this time of year.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
T-Hill is my favorite track. And I've been to Laguna Seca, Sears Point, PIR and ORP.

I'm contemplating a road trip to Thunderhill for the November 18th HOD track day. Track season in the northwest is over and they say weather is great down there this time of year.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Date(s): Saturday/Sunday November 12 and 13
Track: VIR Full
Club or Organization: SCMC/Track Club USA
Description: HPDE
Link:http://www.motorsportreg.com/events...al-raceway-track-club-usa-450585#.WAGFZegrLIU
Cost: 2 Day $550, $55 discount if signed up by mail post mark by 10/17

Run by Tony Sorrentino of the Shelby Cobra Mustang Club, this is a fun two day event at VIR, same group that puts together the SVT Superfest. Good group of guys in a relaxed atmosphere and plenty of track time.
I'll be there. First event with these guys, so we'll see. Email's back and forth have been a bit of a let down so far, but I have high hopes.
Sponsored