Sponsored

Anyone else thinking the same thing?

morellja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So my wife got the mail the other day and placed my Road & Track on top of my Car & Driver, but only covering some of the Car & Driver front page. When I saw this, I thought to myself, Oh my another red mustang on the cover, that's like 4 in a row, I am going to see a bunch more Backfires complaining about a mustang on every cover. But after a more careful look, I see that it is not a mustang, but the new Camaro. Maybe I love my GT350 so much that other cars are starting to look similar, but, in my opinion the camaro suspiciously looks a lot like the S550 mustang.

Anyone else thinking the same thing?
what.jpg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It looks nothing like the S550 Mustang. It looks like a 5th Gen Camaro with badges placed differently. That's why I like the Mustang.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
It has similar body lines and design from the door panel to the rear quarter. The lines on the hood are similar as well. They have their similarities, but almost all cars do these days.

One thing I love about the Camaro design vs the S550 is how much lower to the ground the design is. The S550 looks like it's perched up with all the gap it has between the bottom of the bumper to the ground.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I agree with the OP. From certain angles like the one above, they are very very similar. So similar in fact this is the most these two cars have ever resembled each other. The problem with the 2016 Camaro IMO is the exaggerated squared off front end that looks like a Toyota Corolla, the Corvette angled hood, and the ultra high skirt line.

But the shape of the doors and the body lines following over the back wheels, including the back window are all almost identical to our Mustang.

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
This picture and angle got me for sure. Even the wing looks like my CS wing

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Doesn't look like one to me, but I had a Camaro so the differences are easy to spot.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Seems like somebody needs new glasses :D

They look totally different imho
[ame]

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I'm not seeing it.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I think the Mustang kind of took those haunches in the rear from the 5th gen Camaro though. I took a pic of my car next to one at C&C and they were nearly identical in dimensions

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I saw a Camaro yesterday, it was ugly as hell. There is no design cues from the previous Camaros. The body lines do not flow at all. It looks like a result of some shitty plastic surgery. Enhanced but out of proportion.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Yes the side profile with the nose covered from that angle I see similarities ... the sunroof is the give-a-way though ... we only wish we could get some sort of glass on the roof !!

Doug