Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Haha, yeah no kidding. DIB was going to be my pick when I was wanting a 15-16. Was super let down when they got rid of it in favor of lightning blue for 2017, Kona being back from the dead isn't bad at all, I think it's a very upscale color to go with the S550 design. DIB is still the most striking one in my eyes, though.
Did you get you 2018 "order"? :lol::doh:
Sponsored

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
Darn you guys.....in the first pics I would have preferred Lightning...but Jason29's pic makes me waffle.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I hadn't planned to trade my 15 EB for a 17 unless I could find a Grabber Blue optioned with everything I wanted (I wanted PP too, but I can add everything from that less than the option price easily), or a Lightning Blue was a potential fall back if it had everything including PP. Otherwise, I was just gonna wait.

tldr; version: I like Lightning Blue a lot, though Kona is nice as well.

7500RPM_Ben

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innovativeautodetailing.com
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Grabber Blue Boss 302 #1312
When I saw the color choices for the 2018's, I scratched the car off list because Grabber Blue was not there. I would pick LB, never been a Kona fan even though it looks better on the '18's.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
^^SO in love with this color. I love that it looks like a blue tinted black in low lights, but really shines as a metallic blue in bright lights

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'd be more into lightning than Kona. Kona is too dark. One of the main reasons I avoided the 2018 (aside from looks) when buying my 2017 2 weeks ago was for Grabber Blue though. I imagine Ford will be smart during the 2018-2021 cycle of this refresh and add grabber blue back in there somewhere.

But I dont think you can go wrong with blue of any sort! Its your choice and nice to have options!

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The wheels on that Kona car have got to be the ugliest production wheels to come on a mustang since the 1994-1995 tri-bar.

That said....in the absence of Sonic Blue and DIB, Kona FTW

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The wheels on that Kona car have got to be the ugliest production wheels to come on a mustang since the 1994-1995 tri-bar.

That said....in the absence of Sonic Blue and DIB, Kona FTW
Agreed, they are absolutely dreadful.

That said... my kona blue 2018 is ordered with them :(:(

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yup, mine too. Hopefully they will only be on it for a few months until I order the forgestars.

Last edited:

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
yeah, the PP wheels are fugly, and black wheels are played out and unattractive IMO. Kona is a beautiful color and it looks great on the 18, though!

Nukem501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Shelby GT500
I favor lightning blue a bit more as to me it's closer to the actual blue I like "Liquid Blue" that you obviously cant get :(

but honestly both look great on the '18. You able to park inside? Only reason I got black was because I finally had a garage so it stays clean for a majority of the time lol. IF so Kona being darker wouldn't be THAT much of an issue

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
I like that lb has a greenish tint to it. Without that I think the hue would look a little dated.
I ordered lb but I think kona looks amazing with lines of the 18. I'm just too lazy to maintain it.

I went to the dealer today whoā€™s got a Kona and Lightning to compare the two. After comparing on the build site and looking at all the photos here, I went in thinking I preferred Lightning, but came back preferring Kona. Itā€™s a rich deep blue that is really beautiful in the sun. Lightning really pops in the sun because itā€™s lighter, but it actually has a greenish hint at times and is not as ā€œblueā€ as Kona. Only downside to Kona is that Because it is darker it will show dust/dirt and swirls. But Iā€™m thinking itā€™s worth it. I really love my Ruby and still think itā€™s the best color... but Iā€™m also thinking I might want to change it up if Iā€™m going to jump on an ā€˜18.
First two are Kona, second two are Lightning. Both cars were dirty.

OP
OP
Endokendal

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Well, after starting this thread about the two blues... I have since decided to stick with Ruby Red, and placed my order today!!!
2018 GT Premium, Ruby Red, Manual, 400a, blackout package, active exhaust, carbon fiber package on X-plan... $41,295.94 (before TT&L and trade in)
The blues are awesome too and I was trying to change things up... but I really love Ruby ā¤
Sponsored