Sponsored

Bullitt S550 Mustang Leaked in Video?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This is some nice info. The return of the Bullit ! A decent suspension setup and CAI included would get it done. They could basically use the same CAI setup as the GT350 and be gtg.
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I'd guess that the original 1968 version probably had some sort of "deluxe vinyl" seats. Be still my beating heart that we could ever get those again!
I don't think there has ever been a square inch of real leather in any Mustang. It's all fake leatherlook vinyl, just as it is in most other cars. The only thing that has changed with the S550 compared to the S197 is that it looks and feels less cheesy than before.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
I don't think there has ever been a square inch of real leather in any Mustang. It's all fake leatherlook vinyl, just as it is in most other cars. The only thing that has changed with the S550 compared to the S197 is that it looks and feels less cheesy than before.
when i converted the cloth recaros in my old s197 to oem leather covers, the oem covers had real leather fronts, but sides and back were vinyl.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The Mustang has leather seats. Not sure what you are rambling on about.

Nobody uses pleather anymore.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
One of the rumors I've heard is that the Bullitt package will essentially be a modified California Special package, with torque thrust wheels, those seats, unique grill of course, faux gas cap decklid and highland green paint. Hoping it's a little more than that (unique gauges and exhaust tuning) but if that's all it is I'd be fine with that. Will keep pricing reasonable and it's not like regular 2018 GT performance will be a disappointment at all.
Gimme exhaust sound...lower tone, vroom, vroom :)

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP

Eeh that's not exactly true. There is a significant amount of synetheic leather material used in cars.

Much more cost effect, much more predictable offall and material usage.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)

Some guys over here in Germany contacted their lawyer because Ford said in the first brochures that it's real leather in the Mustang. Guess what, they become a good amount of money from Ford and the brochures where updated from leather to leather-lookalike.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just posting what a high end automotive leather installer told me, so I can't vouch for it. He basically said the Mustang seats are to leather what particle board is to solid wood. Basically some finely chopped cow skin mixed with a lot of artificial material.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Usually the parts you touch are leather at least on the Premiums... seat tops, steering wheel, shifter knob. Everything else, is pleather... seat backs & sides, dash, doors, etc.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Usually the parts you touch are leather at least on the Premiums... seat tops, steering wheel, shifter knob. Everything else, is pleather... seat backs & sides, dash, doors, etc.
That's what they want you to believe. Reality is that there is indeed a difference between the materials used in those areas but neither are real leather.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The only way to get real leather is with the Premiere Trim option (THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS PREMIUM). It was a standalone option available to Premium cars, now it's bundled with 401A.

I thought this was common knowledge.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
And I don't think the rear seat itself has been in leather since the turn of the century. I guess few, if any, actually "touch" the rear seat so your rule still might apply. :D
Sponsored