Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I noticed it on the road course and ax, particularly with sharp, relatively low speed turns, but it's really gotten on my neves driving on the street. Corner entry front grip might be a better way to describe it. The car just "feels" a lot heavier than it is. Think when I wear out these RE-71s I'm most likely going back to a 275 40. Just not a good selection of 200TW tires in that size.

3700+ pounds is plenty heavy.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
3700+ pounds is plenty heavy.
3660 without me in it, but yeah. Drive a new SS camaro, and it feels much lighter than it is.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I run -2.4 front camber, -1.9 rear. Turn in, even on soft Conti DW tires, was not abysmal like you are describing. I have notably stuffer springs, though, but I don't think that is the only issue. Try installing Steeda's front control arm bearing - that makes things more crisp from a steering feel/response perspective. I've also found a front subframe brace makes the car feel more responsive - a 2-point is all that you need.

Fundamentally, though - more camber is where you should start.

I agree, though, initial turn in on this car stock is almost "delayed" relative to my steering wheel input. The biggest change came with camber and stiff front springs.

OP
OP

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Just to follow up: installed the BMR CB005 lockout to try to contain the wheel hop then headed to the alignment shop to touch things up per this thread.

alignment specs before tweak:
camber toe
F -1.6 -1.6 0
R -1.9 -2.0 .23

alignment after:
camber toe
F -2.2 -2.2 0+ (toe was bouncing just above 0)
R -2.0 -1.9 .22

After a track day at VIR, front tire wear looks a lot more even, and turn in is greatly improved. This is closer to what the FRPP track pack alignment should be, IMO.
Sponsored