Advice salvage Mustang

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I would be concerned with frame damage on drivers side before rear wheel. the bumper cover and other dents could be pdr'ed. the other would require a body shop to fix.

OP
OP

anrewcarr157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Black
Thanks. I'll wait for the auction and see if the price will be good

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Ambitious thinking on your part. But probably a hell of a learning curve to get on after dropping the cash unless you have a business to part out for money or own a body shop where you can add this to your work load.
Maybe research who is buying these and what they do with them? Price paid might not be worth focusing on. Focus on what it costs to make these road worthy.

Since you are posting your question here (and picking a car with massive chassis damage), we may assume you dont have chassis straightening rig and a body shop.

If you want to focus on a lower risk project, consider getting a much nicer interior low end car and upgrading it with cheaper GT drive train. Or buy a used Miata with bad trans and/or motor and do an LS swap into it.

example:
Buy a nice exterior V6 or eco4 and a lower mile, low front damage V8 and swap the V8 into the ready roller. Leave the interior gutted so (you can put in a roll bar to track it with all the money saved).

Keep in mind you will be learning as much as an assembly tech at Ford. If this interests you, maybe consider an assembly job at Ford, or pick up some work at a body shop?

https://sca.auction/en/19838968-2016-ford-mustang
plus
https://sca.auction/en/20400874-2016-ford-mustang
Gut the burn interior and use the swap parts.
Goal would be <10k for both.

Alternatively, since you have clearly displayed ambition, I *suspect* you might spend that time learning to code/program/software, or looking around at other career fields that or things you can do to make a hell of a lot more money given your level of ambition.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Easy fix? Certainly not an easy fix.

Suspension damage to the front and rear, no way of telling how extensive that damage is. Also very substantial impact to the drivers side rear quarter.

Could easily turn into a very non-efficient costly repair. I'd stay clear unless you are experienced with repairing salvage vehicles.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rumbloki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mach 1
If it was only $2k I would buy it for the engine to put in a Cobra replica. Everything but the glass, hood, and trunk is trash.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I look at it this way,
Insurance companies are out to make money, if they determined it would cost less to pay out what the Bluebook value of the car was than to fix it, that should be a warning to you, the percentage at which a company must total a car varies from as low as 65% in Nevada to 100% of the value in Texas. (in Florida cost of repairs plus scrap value must equal the pre-accident value of the car.) Of course they can Total it at a lower value if they wish.

So because it is in Texas, you can figure the cost of the repair to be close to the bluebook of the car (I.E. Not worth it if you don't own your own body shop). And with a salvage title it will never be worth what it costed to fix.

Like the others above, I believe this would be a good donor for a swap

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
If you're going to fix this to drive it yourself and have you some auto knowledge it might not be a bad deal. Aftermarket is huge on the mustang. Pickup a premium bumper, new fascia (Roush/Steeda/GT350), fenders, etc. suspension isn't too bad to fix with aftermarket and it will handle 1000x better than stock. But I'm guessing $5-8k to fix depending on what parts you use.

If it's a fix and flip. It gets tricky. The person you sell will have to pay cash. No bank will finance salvage titles. Then it's pricing it accordingly to move and make a profit.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
It looks like a parts car. I wonder if that Mustang belonged to anyone here at 6g?
Sponsored