Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
crate engine comes with engine side loom (plus ecu) which just plugs straight into the car room
pick up a free GT exhaust from someone who's upgraded to after market (I just gave mine away!) after that you're done :) if I was fucking around with the EB i'd probably draw the line at a 3k spend any more than that and its simply lost money you could have picked up a v8 with in the first place and achieved the same power levels with increased reliability and better drive ability.

I think if you have the EB then you're far better just sticking with it for what it is rather than going wild on tuning. Do the cosmetic side of things as thats what people see not the engine. Nothing wrong with looking good but going slow. Hell I put the full mountune package on the ST and immediately regretted it cost vs gain and not even bothering with the RS any more stress on that engine and its gonna blow.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
crate engine comes with engine side loom (plus ecu) which just plugs straight into the car room
pick up a free GT exhaust from someone who's upgraded to after market (I just gave mine away!) after that you're done :) if I was fucking around with the EB i'd probably draw the line at a 3k spend any more than that and its simply lost money you could have picked up a v8 with in the first place and achieved the same power levels with increased reliability and better drive ability.

I think if you have the EB then you're far better just sticking with it for what it is rather than going wild on tuning. Do the cosmetic side of things as thats what people see not the engine. Nothing wrong with looking good but going slow. Hell I put the full mountune package on the ST and immediately regretted it cost vs gain and not even bothering with the RS any more stress on that engine and its gonna blow.
headers needed too. ;P

Moutune EB tune is shite, mind you, they're pretty shite.

Ford think they've fixed the RS issue with the ecobooms so that's a positive.

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
This is more like 'what I did with my UK S550 Mustang THIS WEEK' since it took me so long, but I picked up an entry-level DA polisher with Meguiars M105 & M205 compound and polish to tackle the swirly paintwork.

before.jpg

after.jpg

It must have been washed with a mixture of soap and grit earlier in its life, because the entire body was covered in light scratches. After a few days of washing, claying, polishing and washing it's looking great. Almost all the swirls have now gone, even quite a rough patch on the bonnet where some bird turd must have been scrubbed off with a brillo pad!

wax1.jpg

Not a bad job for a first-time amateur!

[ame]

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This is more like 'what I did with my UK S550 Mustang THIS WEEK' since it took me so long, but I picked up an entry-level DA polisher with Meguiars M105 & M205 compound and polish to tackle the swirly paintwork.
Nice job :thumbsup:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice vid [MENTION=32117]Spoonex[/MENTION], enjoyed that...

Will have to pick your brains re detailing at some point! Pretty sure mine doesn’t need a machine polish just yet though :D

What wax did you use out of interest? I think i’m going to do a full clay bar/wax session soon. Currently have the autogylm hd wax, good stuff but very chalky and as it has dried out a little it was a bugger to apply the last time i did it

Sponsored

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Nice vid [MENTION=32117]Spoonex[/MENTION], enjoyed that...

Will have to pick your brains re detailing at some point! Pretty sure mine doesn’t need a machine polish just yet though :D

What wax did you use out of interest? I think i’m going to do a full clay bar/wax session soon. Currently have the autogylm hd wax, good stuff but very chalky and as it has dried out a little it was a bugger to apply the last time i did it
I'm sure there are plenty of people with more expertise on the subject than me, but I'm happy to share what I've learnt so far. Hopefully I'll never have to use the cutting compound again, but the DA polisher is a handy tool to have available to buff up the shine with the finishing polish every so often.

I used Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax - It's the first paste wax I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it to, but it seemed to go on and buff off nicely.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
headers needed too. ;P

Moutune EB tune is shite, mind you, they're pretty shite.

Ford think they've fixed the RS issue with the ecobooms so that's a positive.

package is more than just the tune but yeah its not exactly a pushing tune but still not that impressive for the cost.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] indeed, but fruitless none the less usually they take COBB ots tunes and weaken them.
[MENTION=32117]Spoonex[/MENTION] watching this video makes me want to get mine detailed. It's getting a bit naff on the paintwork.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
mountune are always mega conservative with their tunes , even when the shackles are taken off and they are no longer bound by warranty

Last edited:

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
BMR Chassis Jacking Rails installed!

jack2.jpg

And of course, I made a video:

[ame]

Please excuse the clickbait title and thumbnail. I figured it was more interesting than "Man jacks up car". There's a little teaser of what's coming next at the end :D

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
First job I did as well..:thumbsup: amazing how many times I’ve used em:headbang:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

jack2.jpg

Please excuse the clickbait title and thumbnail. I figured it was more interesting than "Man jacks up car". There's a little teaser of what's coming next at the end :D
Next mod, it's a lion right? no a tiger...

(or axlebacks ;)!)

Nice work on the video bud, you need to get some go pros etc and video some cruises / meets that we do :D!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

I'd always be wary of the arse end of the car dropping off with bolts that size! And love the vids; keep them coming, more enjoyable than this series of Wheeler Dealers ;)

PS. you need to work on the clickbait...

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
First job I did as well..:thumbsup: amazing how many times I’ve used em:headbang:
Do you find that the rails don’t fully sit in your stands due to the angle? I was a bit unsure at first, but then I thought if the load is usually focused on a tiny pinch weld the contact area can’t matter too much..?

jack1-1.jpg

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Next mod, it's a lion right? no a tiger...

(or axlebacks ;)!)

Nice work on the video bud, you need to get some go pros etc and video some cruises / meets that we do :D!
Cheers Manders! First one for me coming up this weekend: Regional Simply Mustangs meet. I might have to wander around with my camera between chats.

I'd always be wary of the arse end of the car dropping off with bolts that size! And love the vids; keep them coming, more enjoyable than this series of Wheeler Dealers ;)

PS. you need to work on the clickbait...
Thanks for the kind words Steve! Now I have your permission I’ll post every new vid I upload until I’m banned for spamming :D
Sponsored