Sponsored

Cost to replace blown Ecoboom engine?

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I would have to agree ...90% of the failures have been running Adam Brunson ' s tune
Facebook is plastered with a bunch .. he is running a corrupt enterprise promising and conning every Dip shit eager to believe his rhetoric ...from empty catch cans to shit tunes ..
On a side note he tries to seek only his gear and lies to make you want it. He did the methanol kit in 2016 and got 30-40hp from it on a customer car. I asked him to tune mine and he said I would never achieve that without his e85 portion. Said max was 15hp gain from methanol to sell his expensive e85 conversion when he personal saw the 30hp gain. Lost me that second.

OP, sorry to hear. Wish that catalog was on! Curious..
Sponsored

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
[MENTION=19776]Datalux[/MENTION]
This was just posted in the general section...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99623
Yep, I've seen that posted a few times in the past, pretty much why I figured it wouldn't be warrantied.

F that..

Your still taking a risk bullsh-t out of here ! People he not backing anything he does yet he is forgiven for his shit work and fuc- up service someone should report him for frogulant effort to extortion of funds b.b.b

I've been up and down the HP spectrum trying to find a weakness to my motor and it is still going same motor same gas as everyone El's but not tuned by this guy ask anyone Vargas ,map, the writing on the wall all over this forum wake up people ..
I'm not forgiving anyone, I'm pretty pissed that it blew as I don't have $7k laying around for a new engine but that's life and sometimes it kicks you in the balls. I noticed their website changed and now reads: WE REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE AN INTERCOOLER IN ORDER TO TUNE YOUR VEHICLE. Mine and many others were tuned with the Stock intercooler before this disclaimer was added. However, I'm realistic, the tune comes with no guaranties and I don't expect anyone plans on sending me a check for my troubles if I whine about it since I'm one of the dip shit's that was eager to believe his rhetoric (and that of other forum members).

Sorry to hear OP. what oil do you use and how often you change it? What type of fuel? What octane was the tune rated?
Mobile 100% Synthetic, every 5,000mi, 91Oct, 91Oct

I had a Modified exhaust (mufflers), Turbosmart (7psi) WGA, AEM Intake, 1 step colder plugs & 91oct Tune. Wonder why they denied the warranty?

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
One thing I have learned is to shop around...

Parts are all over the place, just a cylinder head is anywhere from $600 to $2999. Retail, the crate engine is $5,500 to $6,700

Current dealer is quoting $7,500 and said the engine alone was $3,700, second dealer is quoting $5,200, currently waiting on a 3rd dealer to quote. Shop rate quoted was $130 @ 13 hrs but our Mitchell1 software says 8 hrs.

This is based on a completely new 2.3L engine replacement w/ 36,000 warranty.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
I recently bought a built complete long block from Esslinger, valve cover to oil pan, ready to drop in. I got a nice discount off it since the original buyer backed out.

However, I saw the full build sheet and it would of been $7k retail without my discount. No core charge or anything, brand new block, head, and all the rest new parts. Pretty much as built as you can go before sleeving the block. No matter what route you go, it will probably be around the $7k mark for a complete drop in longblock.

If you're spending that much, definitely recommend a pro shop such as Esslinger. They even go the extra mile of breaking in and testing the motor on an engine dyno before shipping. No many shops can say or do that.

Depending how long you are willing to wait, my factory motor in my car now is still 100% fine. Once the built one goes in, I am probably going to try and sell it since I don't need it as a core.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
A few months back I saw used EB engine on Craigslist for 1500 dollars without the turbo. Check with some junk yards and see if you can find a cheaper replacement. The EB is 4 years old so there are more used engines on the market now then ever before.

I left my boot print on Adams ass when he tried to lay the blame on the Spanish engine in the early days of the Ecoboom. Once he started blowing up Cleveland engines he left M6G for Facebook where he continued to bad mouth Valencia engines. I took a lot heat from M6G members for calling out Adam and his rhetoric but I feel very strongly about standing up for what I believe in and helping others avoid costly mistakes.

It literally turns my stomach every time I read one of these Ecoboom threads and I hope everything works out.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
One thing I have learned is to shop around...

Parts are all over the place, just a cylinder head is anywhere from $600 to $2999. Retail, the crate engine is $5,500 to $6,700

Current dealer is quoting $7,500 and said the engine alone was $3,700, second dealer is quoting $5,200, currently waiting on a 3rd dealer to quote. Shop rate quoted was $130 @ 13 hrs but our Mitchell1 software says 8 hrs.

This is based on a completely new 2.3L engine replacement w/ 36,000 warranty.

,...........!!!!!! ......EBAY MOTOR.....!!!!!!!........

I would replace the "head gasket" on any used engine above 30,000 miles ! "when buying used" not necessary but just me.. It's out what the heck... :cheers:

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
MAPerformance is one of my favorite vendors, but I haven't used them in about 4 years or so. I've bought a lot of forged internals from them.

Honestly, for 7k, you should be able to get a stock bare block, stock head, and all forged internals and have a competent machinist put it together and still have money left over for installation.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
:ford:
$5512.00
https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.co...-3l-mustang-ecoboost-crate-engine-m-6007-23t/
$5750.00 cost with no core
https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...s/panda-built-stage-2-2-3?variant=33065151122
$5084.00 cost with no core
http://www.speedperf6rmanc3.com/pro...block-for-ford-ecoboost-2-3l-rated-500hp.html

Found these three in ten minutes and Google. Of course, if you did not worry about cost, I would choose http://www.esslingeracing.com/.... They have been building 4 cylinder engines for years.:first:

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
If my engine needed to be replaced I'd be looking into one of the 2.0 built blocks with a 2.3 crank.

Also, if your lucky the head made it out unscathed and you can just replace the shortblock.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Of course, Adam is going to hold a higher percentage of failure rates because he tunes a vast majority of these cars. I've used his stuff for over 3 years and 78K miles with nothing but positive results. He's always made the car perform to my requests and I've been satisfied with his abilities as a tuner. And in regards to the tuner doing anything, did I miss something? Are PD and Lund putting warranties on their tunes now? Everyone knows the risk involved with modifying these cars — any car for that matter — and the responsibility lies solely on the owner, imho.

These cars blow up stock. They blow up modded. There's issues coming to light, like failures associated with the LP fueling system sensors, etc, that could very well be the root cause or a big contributor to the failures. I realize it's the cool kid thing to hate on Adam but if you're really blinded by agenda enough to think he's the only tuner having failures then there isn't much more to be said.

Now, I'm off to buy a lotto ticket. Running Tune+ tuning for THOUSANDS of miles and racing it almost every weekend for the last three years and having it last until I pushed it way beyond it's limits has me feeling kind of lucky. Spain motor to boot too!

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Of course, Adam is going to hold a higher percentage of failure rates because he tunes a vast majority of these cars. I've used his stuff for over 3 years and 78K miles with nothing but positive results. He's always made the car perform to my requests and I've been satisfied with his abilities as a tuner. And in regards to the tuner doing anything, did I miss something? Are PD and Lund putting warranties on their tunes now? Everyone knows the risk involved with modifying these cars — any car for that matter — and the responsibility lies solely on the owner, imho.

These cars blow up stock. They blow up modded. There's issues coming to light, like failures associated with the LP fueling system sensors, etc, that could very well be the root cause or a big contributor to the failures. I realize it's the cool kid thing to hate on Adam but if you're really blinded by agenda enough to think he's the only tuner having failures then there isn't much more to be said.

Now, I'm off to buy a lotto ticket. Running Tune+ tuning for THOUSANDS of miles and racing it almost every weekend for the last three years and having it last until I pushed it way beyond it's limits has me feeling kind of lucky. Spain motor to boot too!
You aren't the only one, as much as I dislike Adam, I am still running his tune for 30k miles now, daily driver and weekend track car. Even did events like Hot Rod Drag week. Car sees tons of abuse and still runs great on Adam's E85 tune. Just a bit on the slower side.

But I hate talking to him and dealing with him, and I have issues with his tuning methods.

When the Esslinger motor goes in with big turbo, I will 100% be switching. Already got an ngauge ready to go.

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang

You mention LP fueling sensors could be root cause of failures, where can you find info on this, and is there a fix which could make these cars safer ?

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
You aren't the only one, as much as I dislike Adam, I am still running his tune for 30k miles now, daily driver and weekend track car. Even did events like Hot Rod Drag week. Car sees tons of abuse and still runs great on Adam's E85 tune. Just a bit on the slower side.

But I hate talking to him and dealing with him, and I have issues with his tuning methods.

When the Esslinger motor goes in with big turbo, I will 100% be switching. Already got an ngauge ready to go.
I've used 3 tuners on the EBM platform and liked Adam's the best. That's not discounting the others, but I've always told Adam what I'd like to see and he's made it happen. I had a nGauge and hated the device. After using an AP, you won't want to use anything else (or at least I didn't).

You mention LP fueling sensors could be root cause of failures, where can you find info on this, and is there a fix which could make these cars safer ?
Adam made a big post on the Ford EcoBoost Mustang group and in his group on Facebook. It's a really long post with pics and examples. He detailed it all pretty good. The LP sensor is $50 and appears to have been revised at some point in time. If you're not in the groups, I'd highly suggest it because there's lots of good info posted.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I've used 3 tuners on the EBM platform and liked Adam's the best. That's not discounting the others, but I've always told Adam what I'd like to see and he's made it happen. I had a nGauge and hated the device. After using an AP, you won't want to use anything else (or at least I didn't).

Adam made a big post on the Ford EcoBoost Mustang group and in his group on Facebook. It's a really long post with pics and examples. He detailed it all pretty good. The LP sensor is $50 and appears to have been revised at some point in time. If you're not in the groups, I'd highly suggest it because there's lots of good info posted.
Prob quite a few of us who are not in the groups nor do we do FB... and before you say “join”, there are those of us who don’t want to support FB or be a part of it. :D

Can someone kindly copy and repost that LP sensor/fuel info from that FB Group to here?
Sponsored