Status
Not open for further replies.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
No, the VIN will display on the Touchscreen but that data is kept in the BCM, ACM must be programmed for your set up, no wiring changes unless you want SAT, see the diagram.
Any recommendations on where and how to get that programmed? I have been waiting Months to tackle this myself, with this info I finally feel like I might be able to pull it all off
Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
GPS antenna, remove GPSM, add the correct Hub (MFT hubs have caused issues with Sync 3 APIMs)
I read that about the hubs. Thanks again.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Any recommendations on where and how to get that programmed? I have been waiting Months to tackle this myself, with this info I finally feel like I might be able to pull it all off
Downloaded FORScan yet?

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
I did the swap today. But I couldn't complete it because some items were missing... I am doing swap from Base to SYNC3 Non-NAV.

The 4.2 pin is different shape compare to APIM.
The GPSM pin is different shape compare to APIM as well.
USB connectors between the base SYNC and the SYNC3 APIM are different shape.
So, I need to get some pins and 2x mini-USB extension cables.

Few things I could not find...
HUB connector: I was not sure which one is HUB connector for the HUB1 and HUB4... BTW, APIM#38 already has wire.
ACM 6 & ACM 19: I wasn't sure which ones these are... I think I don't need these since my SYNC does not have Nav and SAT radio?

Even without these, SYNC 3 could turned on and played radio and CD. I cannot wait to complete this swap! I will keep you posted. :)

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did the swap today. But I couldn't complete it because some items were missing... I am doing swap from Base to SYNC3 Non-NAV.

The 4.2 pin is different shape compare to APIM.
The GPSM pin is different shape compare to APIM as well.
USB connectors between the base SYNC and the SYNC3 APIM are different shape.
So, I need to get some pins and 2x mini-USB extension cables.

Few things I could not find...
HUB connector: I was not sure which one is HUB connector for the HUB1 and HUB4... BTW, APIM#38 already has wire.
ACM 6 & ACM 19: I wasn't sure which ones these are... I think I don't need these since my SYNC does not have Nav and SAT radio?

Even without these, SYNC 3 could turned on and played radio and CD. I cannot wait to complete this swap! I will keep you posted. :)
The GPSM and 4.2 display do not plug into the Sync 3 APIM! As noted on the spreadsheet, you must remove two terminals from the 4.2 connector and two pins from the GPSM connector and then lengthen those wires and add the correct Tyco terminals to them so that they can be inserted into the APIM in order to add the reverse camera input from the 4.2 display and the medium speed CAN wires from the GPSM. The system will indeed turn on and work but there are other wires that need to move from one pin to another for full functionality. Also the wire in 38 should be removed and a new wire for the hub added. What I found is that in Oetting have full functionality of Sync3 you must use the HU5Z hub and the different USB cables. Yes, AA people. An use a base hub if the adapt the factory USB to the rear of the APIM with a small mini-USB make to mini-USB female. But then the front USB port (bezel port) will not carry data. I wrote the swap for full functionality no compromises.
NAV and SAT are independent functions, the ACM has nothing to do with NAV.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If people have questions until I can get a video up you can PM and discuss by phone, I'm out of town and don't have my car until I get home Friday night. But I can help with questions

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
The GPSM and 4.2 display do not plug into the Sync 3 APIM! As noted on the spreadsheet, you must remove two terminals from the 4.2 connector and two pins from the GPSM connector and then lengthen those wires and add the correct Tyco terminals to them so that they can be inserted into the APIM in order to add the reverse camera input from the 4.2 display and the medium speed CAN wires from the GPSM. The system will indeed turn on and work but there are other wires that need to move from one pin to another for full functionality. Also the wire in 38 should be removed and a new wire for the hub added. What I found is that in Oetting have full functionality of Sync3 you must use the HU5Z hub and the different USB cables. Yes, AA people. An use a base hub if the adapt the factory USB to the rear of the APIM with a small mini-USB make to mini-USB female. But then the front USB port (bezel port) will not carry data. I wrote the swap for full functionality no compromises.
NAV and SAT are independent functions, the ACM has nothing to do with NAV.
Thanks Hextall!
My writing was confusing... I'm sorry...
Yes, I meant was that 4.2 terminals (which supposed to go to APIM #14 &#15) and GPSM terminal (which supposed to go to APIM #16 &#17) were different.
I will PM you with my questions.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I didn't discuss MFT purposely. It doesn't stand up, it's buggy and it failed competitor testing. I don't recommend it given the price of Sync 3 has fallen. I've offered to help people find components but apparently unless it damn near free some people won't listen.

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I didn't discuss MFT purposely. It doesn't stand up, it's buggy and it failed competitor testing. I don't recommend it given the price of Sync 3 has fallen. I've offered to help people find components but apparently unless it damn near free some people won't listen.
hey!!! i listen...lol just trying to find the best deal on parts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
[MENTION=21358]stang1971[/MENTION] Someone asked about other cars.... see if you can find Sync 3 for another platform and I'll see if the pinouts are the same. If they are you might need brackets (@mgrey) but you may have a lower cost solution. Its worth an investigation but I already spent a lot of time and my own money on this deal, I want to spend my money on the FP Track kit now

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 coupe, 06 saleen clone, 15 gt
For those of us going from mft I believe this image should be added
Hextall am I correct that this image represents which pins need to be moved when going from MFT to Sync3?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hextall am I correct that this image represents which pins need to be moved when going from MFT to Sync3?
If you have MFT the only thing you need to do besides removing the GPSM and adding a GPS antenna is to change out the hub to a HU5Z and add the JST connector I listed. Either make an adapter for a plug and play hub with the Molex connector or remove the wires from the hub and add the JST terminals

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
So if I want to add HD Radio to my 17 GT350 with Sync 3 I will need a new ACM and FORScan to program it?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.