Paint defect

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Alrigh, I've noticed more and more spots showing up lately. It's seems to be bubbling up with rust underneath the clear. At the right angle they are very noticeable. Completely unacceptable for a brand new car. I will be taking it in to the dealership to fix this issue.

Anybody else with this issue? Chime in here.

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
not mine. had mine almost a year and shines like I just drover her off the lot....

sorry to hear the issues

PacificExpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just bought mine this past weekend, noticed exact same defects. Brand new car, returned it the next day. It's at the dealership now...I'll let you know how this gets resolved...

OP
OP
dausmus

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Any updates PacificExpress?

I took mine into the dealership yesterday. They said it was from acid rain and have seen others with the same issue They will be taking care of it monday so we shall see what they do. Ive noticed rust started popping up where these spots are as well.

OP
OP
dausmus

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
So another update:

The dealership sent pictures and description to Ford and it immediately got denied. Needless to say I was pissed, so I called ford directly with the PO number in hand. They wanted to say it was caused by an outside source.....uhhh hell no. So i mentioned that even the dealership recognized it was rail dust mixed with acid rain because they just repaired a mustang that hasnt even left the lot yet with this exact same issue. So after 30 min on the phone, they got the dealership back on the phone and had us on a 3 way conversation. The body dept manager asked me to bring it in again and look it over once more, he said he'll resubmit application for warranty work. So we shall we what happens.

Just the thought of Ford trying to dick me around at first pissed me off completely. So hopefully this gets resolved soon.

PacificExpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry for the late response....
The dealership fixed the paint defects. They took it to a high end body shop and blended the paint, reapplied clear coat. Looks great. All covered under warranty.
Sponsored