Found my Rear shipping spacers still in

OP
OP

Davey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 350R
Donson. Do you know whats on top of the shock. That yellow. What do you think of the picture in post 5. If you saw it you say the spacer can cause no damage.

wasserott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 LB WS
Rear suspension bottoms out quickly

So I've read that only the R has these spring spacers in them for transport. The only handling issue or perception I have seen on my 2017 GT350 is that the rear suspension seems to bottom out sooner than expected. On the same roads I drive my z06 or m3, it seems like the 350 hits hard over dips in the road or hard cornering where an imperfection might unsettle the rear end. I just believed this is normal until I saw posts about spring spacers. I'm traveling this week so will check when I get home.

Thoughts?

:shrug:

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
So I've read that only the R has these spring spacers in them for transport. The only handling issue or perception I have seen on my 2017 GT350 is that the rear suspension seems to bottom out sooner than expected. On the same roads I drive my z06 or m3, it seems like the 350 hits hard over dips in the road or hard cornering where an imperfection might unsettle the rear end. I just believed this is normal until I saw posts about spring spacers. I'm traveling this week so will check when I get home.

Thoughts?

:shrug:
Would definitely check....had 900mi with my rear spacers still in before I stumbled across a thread like this one. My ride had been terrible so I got a sinking feeling and sure enough checked and they were there.

Local dealer (purchase was made elsewhere) removed them and thoroughly inspected shocks and luckily found no damage at all. Rides much better but was still a huge adjustment coming from a Maxima lol.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Damn it with the necro.

kskpsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R HR222, Audi RS3, BMW 1M, Boxster Spyder
Got a preowned 17 R with 100 miles on it. Finally took it for a first spin, and the rear was very unsettled and bouncy. Downright terrible. Just took a look, and I see the spacers are still on. This is sadly more common than Iā€™d like to think. Those taking delivery should absolutely double check since you can see them clearly through the wheel.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Automobile dealers are schmucks. The sales people don't follow up at all on the Pre delivery inspections. I've bought 10 cars from four major manufacturers in five years including the last from Porsche and the tires on every car delivered were grossly over inflated. I totally understand why they come that way from the manufacturers, but it just illustrates how bad dealerships are pretty much across the board. If they can't get the tire pressures right, then what about the rest of the checklist?

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I just purchased a 2019 R from a dealer about 60 miles from my home and found that I have an oil leak coming from my rear which smells like gear oil. I also noticed that the dealer forgot to remove the suspension spacers. I had first assumed that the oil leak is maybe a rear diff cooler but I'm wondering if the spacers are related. I scheduled an appointment with my local dealer but I was wondering if anyone else who drove with spacers (200 miles on ODO) had any related damage. Also, is there anything I should have my local dealer check for related issues?

Frustrating that I spent 3 hours at the purchasing dealer on a deal I negotiated ahead of time and they couldn't complete their dealer prep.

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I drove 4K miles on my Focus RS with the shipping blocks installed lol. Ooops. It didnā€™t cause any damage.

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
Well, bumping this thread up. Just discovered after 2300 miles that my dealer did NOT remove these prior to deliver on my 2019 GT350R. Brought it into the dealer this AM and fortunately still under warranty. I am not much more can be said on dealer incompetence than what has already been said. It is a race to the bottom.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, bumping this thread up. Just discovered after 2300 miles that my dealer did NOT remove these prior to deliver on my 2019 GT350R. Brought it into the dealer this AM and fortunately still under warranty. I am not much more can be said on dealer incompetence than what has already been said. It is a race to the bottom.
Hmmm... 2300 miles with all 4 or just the rears? That had to be a harsh ride.

Thereā€™s no warranty issue associated with this and you could e easily removed them at home.

Yes, this shouldā€™ve been an immediate PDI item but I have to ask whether you told the dealer, ā€œDonā€™t touch it.ā€ If so, they may have felt the request to leave as is off the trailer = donā€™t touch.

Im just amazed it took you 2300 miles to examine your car thoroughly. This isnā€™t a Kia Sportage and these cars have been known to be sold with spacers in-place. Hmmm.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Hmmm... 2300 miles with all 4 or just the rears? That had to be a harsh ride.

Thereā€™s no warranty issue associated with this and you could e easily removed them at home.

Yes, this shouldā€™ve been an immediate PDI item but I have to ask whether you told the dealer, ā€œDonā€™t touch it.ā€ If so, they may have felt the request to leave as is off the trailer = donā€™t touch.

Im just amazed it took you 2300 miles to examine your car thoroughly. This isnā€™t a Kia Sportage and these cars have been known to be sold with spacers in-place. Hmmm.
Not all of us are what you would call ā€œcar guysā€. Until this car, I didnā€™t consider myself one. That said, Iā€™ve always done my own maintenance, to a point.
I can absolutely see this happening. How many of us have read and retained 100% of the owners manual and supplement?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not all of us are what you would call ā€œcar guysā€. Until this car, I didnā€™t consider myself one. That said, Iā€™ve always done my own maintenance, to a point.
I can absolutely see this happening. How many of us have read and retained 100% of the owners manual and supplement?
LOL @ Owners manual statement - so true across the entire S550 product line... What amazes me more is that *some* don't even know how much is really covered by the 5/60 Powertrain, yet they're being coerced into buying Ford 75k ESP's that run concurrently with the 3/36 and 5/60... money being thrown away...

Not many people go looking under their cars for suspension shipping blocks (or even years ago, the tow loops that were attached to the frames that should have been removed). So I can see how something like that goes overlooked. Plus it's not like all Consumers are aware of what happens during a Dealer PDI process OR have a checklist themselves as to what is removed and what is not.
Sponsored