Sponsored

Panel gaps

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Traded my 15 GT back in November and am thinking about getting a 19 GT but am wondering if the quality control is better on the 18’s? Panel gaps, rear window alignments were pretty bad on the 15’s and 16’s. Anybody having these issues on the 18’s?

If I do get a 19 it won’t be with the leather seats. My 15 seat cooling feature wasn’t very good and the seat bottom looked stretched. Also I’ll be staying away from the MT-82. It was the worst transmission I ever owned.
Sponsored

Sloan91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack
There are some good ones and some bad. I work at a dealership and have noticed most of them are much better than the 15-17s. I just took delivery of my 18 and it is perfect except where the rear bumper meets the passenger side q panel. I will probably just live with it, but it definitely should not be gapped. I will try posting a pic.

Sloan91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack
Also, I definitely agree that the MT-82 was awful.
The week I was planning to upgrade the shifter to an MGW, the nylon/plastic gear selector on 3rd gear gave out and it was fixed under warranty (24k).
It was just a very noisy clunky trans. I would have loved to get an 18 with a manual but I didnt see enough improvement and wanted peace of mind if I ever go boosted.

So far I miss rowing gears, but the 10R80 is EXTREMELY impressive. Highly reccommend it. Its my first auto after owning 4 other manuals.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I had a misaligned panel (right front fender not aligned with door) on my 2018. Dealer fixed it but if I decide to get a 2019, i'm going to do a better job on the PDI.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a May build 2018. I'm not as picky as some, but mine could be better. My hood has a bigger gap on the passenger-fender side than on the driver side. My rear window seems to be the opposite--it's fitted more tightly to the passenger side and has a bigger gap on the driver side. The bumpers seemed to fit well well when I took delivery, but after sitting out in the sun on a hot day, I notice the rear bumper flexes or sags a bit and doesn't quite line up with the shape of the rear quarter panels. As long as it doesn't get any worse, and as long as no paint is getting rubbed off, I'm probably not even going to ask the dealer to mess with it--too much can go wrong.

Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
There are some good ones and some bad. I work at a dealership and have noticed most of them are much better than the 15-17s. I just took delivery of my 18 and it is perfect except where the rear bumper meets the passenger side q panel. I will probably just live with it, but it definitely should not be gapped. I will try posting a pic.
Same issue here I noticed on mine. It ain’t major, but if I look hard enough I’ll notice it.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Much better than my 2016, but the rear bumper on one side near the wheel where the next panel start is a bit toward the inside so not flush and not aligned with it.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
My bumpers are fine, but my hood seems to sit way too low. I have to really drop it from high up or it doesn't latch. I tried adjusting the rubber bumper stop things but it only made the latching worse.

Dschaefs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I just found this gap tonight. Will probably take it to the dealer to see if they can fix it. No other major gaps that I have noticed.

NkR2p98.jpg

Last edited:

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
I always felt the panel gaps on these cars were par for course. I mean the brand new Aston Martin Vantage has gap issues and it's 3 times the price of a GT. The MT-82 is a dumpster fire though.
Sponsored